Originally Posted by Gradofan2
Well... it arrived about 5 days (including the weekend) after it was shipped.
Communications and shipment tracking were fine, package arrived unmolested, and the amp is... indeed beautiful.
And... the price was great at $390 shipped to my door from this eBay vendor... "3c-store."
So... "what's not to like?"
Except for... despite the fact that I specified the 110 volt US version (and they shipped it to the US with only 110 volt service), yet they sent me the 240 volt version! What total incompetence and lack of QC over their distribution processes!
I've notified them of their error, and requested that they air express for overnight delivery, the correct 110 volt US version I ordered (at their cost), as well as send me a prepaid shipping label to return the incorrect amp. I've also advised them that if the issue is not resolved by 8/23/07 (tomorrow), I'll file my claim with eBay / PayPal for a full refund, and will not return their amp, until they send me the prepaid shipping label.
We'll see how they respond.
I'll keep you informed.
But... until then... my suggestion to anyone thinking of "saving a few bucks" by purchasing from "3c-store" on eBay is to - just don't do it for now! Buy from Casque HiFi, or Jasmine HiFi, or some other proven vendor, who has a proven track record.
Some lessons learned from my experience noted above...
1. Do Not Buy from "3c-store" on eBay - no matter what a few others have experienced - they do not honor their warranty / guarantee!
2. Do Not Rely on PayPal to honor their "Buyer Protection Plan," or to assist in resolving such matters - they won't!
3. Do Not Rely on eBay to honor their "Buyer Protection Plan," or to assist in resolving such matters - they won't!
4. DO NOT PAY THE VENDOR VIA SEPARATE PAYPAL INVOICE HE MAY SEND YOU - DO MAKE ALL SUCH PAYMENTS VIA THE PAYPAL LINK PROVIDED ON THE EBAY PAGE CONFIRMING YOUR PURCHASE - TO OBTAIN PAYPAL'S "BUYER PROTECTION PLAN" COVERAGE (although I'm sure they've got "a number of other clauses" in their agreement that will preclude coverage).
5. DO MAKE ALL SUCH PURCHASES WITH A MASTERCARD OR VISA ACCOUNT WHICH GUARANTEES BUYER SATISFACTION, AND PROTECTS AGAINST FRAUD, AND WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY - THEY WILL!!!
6. DO NOT TAKE COMFORT IN GOOD FEEDBACK FOR 3C-STORE EITHER ON EBAY, OR HEADFI - YOU ARE STILL VULNERABLE!
In fact... it's probably better to just avoid international purchases from small, unknown vendors altogether... if you wan't to avoid the difficulties of resolving such issues.
3c-Store sent me the 240 volt version of the amp, despite confirming it was the 110 volt version - and then would not pay the $80 shipping cost for me to return the amp for replacement with a 110 volt version.
They did the same thing to a member in the UK, but that member saw my post before he received his amp, and refused to accept his shipment from 3c-Store - thereby avoiding these issues with this vendor. I assume he will eventually receive the correct amp, or a refund... but, you can't be sure with this vendor.
I asked PayPal to resolve the matter, or refund my money, via their so-called "Buyer Protection Plan." They promptly informed me that I "had no protection" from their so-called "Buyer Protection Plan." They made clear... that "small print on page 27 of their agreement" explains that the buyer is only protected... IF... they click on the link on the eBay site to PayPal and pay via that link.
3c-Store, very cleverly directs its buyers to pay only via a separate invoice they will send to the buyer - which excludes the buyer from receiving PayPal's "Buyer Protection Plan."
I asked eBay to resolve the matter, or refund my money - and they informed me they provide no protection to buyers... that is provided only by PayPal. The most they would do is provide me links to various consumer fraud sites to report the vendor.
On the other hand... Mastercard... does have an effective process for resolving such matters... and will refund the buyer's money... if the buyer provides the documentation supporting their claim - in this case a fraudulent merchant. Fortunately, I had "reems" of supporting emails - and they have refunded my money, and presumably have charged back 3c-Store.
The only issue remaining is... I still have an amp, which is really 3c-Store's amp... but, for which they refuse to send me the money to pay for the return shipment. No problem... I'm enjoying it... until they do!