Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Darkvoice just released 332
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Darkvoice just released 332 - Page 93

post #1381 of 1888
Hey PrTv, Could it be possible that a tube amp in general might not be able to provide the type of bass you are looking for?(at a resonable price) From what ive read it seems pretty widely accepted that tubes make for very lush mids and highs while adding a bit of life to the music but at the same time their weak point (relative to solid state) seems to be precise, accurate and articulate bass reproduction.

I'm very satisfied with the bass from my DV332, though it is more of a "fun" bass for lack of a better term.

that's the tradeoff between solid state and tubes, but imho I would take tubes any day of the week.

oh and I can also send you a set of Svets for the cost of postage if you like, PM me
post #1382 of 1888
I've pretty much settled on the Svets and WE403b combo. Really happy with this at the moment, adds a sparkle to the midrange and the bass is tight, punchy and deep.
post #1383 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I've pretty much settled on the Svets and WE403b combo. Really happy with this at the moment, adds a sparkle to the midrange and the bass is tight, punchy and deep.
That's my favorite combo too, except I use Ericsson 403B. Overall a wonderful combination, It's very hard for me to take the headphones off once I start listening.. I have to force myself.
post #1384 of 1888
Hearing you guys' praise for the Svet makes me wonder about the performance difference between the two (no need to name name as there are only 2 major tubes available). I remember hearing from Godkin long time ago that the Svet gives you more of "tube-like" sound, whilst the Ul gives you more "SS-like" sound.

Actually, what I'm lacking now is that SS-like sound (I want more controlled bass).
post #1385 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrTv View Post
Hearing you guys' praise for the Svet makes me wonder about the performance difference between the two (no need to name name as there are only 2 major tubes available). I remember hearing from Godkin long time ago that the Svet gives you more of "tube-like" sound, whilst the Ul gives you more "SS-like" sound.

Actually, what I'm lacking now is that SS-like sound (I want more controlled bass).
while I haven't tried going back to the Ulys since installing the Svets, from memory it seems like the Ulys were a bit thinner and maybe more analytical, the Svets do give improvements in the bass. (to my ears) but the differences are more subtle than the ones achieved by rolling the smaller driver tubes.

if you are looking for a closer to solid state sound the driver tube CV4010's came the closest to my ears (when paired with the Svets), but in my opinion the bass quantity is less than what is delivered by the 403B's
post #1386 of 1888
Hi, I have finally decided to go for the darkvoicwe 332, and was wondering if it is safe for me to buy from:

Welcome to Audiophilechina

Their ebay name is casque_hifi? Has anybody used them?

The price on audiophilechina.com is cheaper than on ebay? This is why I am not %100 sure its safe, and also I have read there has been a few darkvoice imitations going around.#

Also one other quick question can the 332 drive speakers?
post #1387 of 1888
The price is similar to deals you get on ebay. I bought mine for $410USD shipped.
post #1388 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
The price is similar to deals you get on ebay. I bought mine for $410USD shipped.
Did you get it from audiophile china? From there it is 329+88shipping=408
but from ebay its 399+90shipping=489

Regards
Steph
post #1389 of 1888
No from a seller called Jasmine. Basically the way it works is you make them an offer eg. $410 shipped and they accept it but you pay privately not through Ebay.
post #1390 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
No from a seller called Jasmine. Basically the way it works is you make them an offer eg. $410 shipped and they accept it but you pay privately not through Ebay.
But how do I contact them, I have sent them a question about a product but they have not replied, is there a way I can email the directly?
post #1391 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
But how do I contact them, I have sent them a question about a product but they have not replied, is there a way I can email the directly?
I have sent you a PM with the details
post #1392 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
Also one other quick question can the 332 drive speakers?
The 332 only has 1/4" Headphone jack and an RCA preamp output. From what I've read it seems the preamp out is not very good but I haven't tested it myself. So to answer your question, without modification the 332 can't drive speakers.
post #1393 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodduska View Post
The 332 only has 1/4" Headphone jack and an RCA preamp output. From what I've read it seems the preamp out is not very good but I haven't tested it myself. So to answer your question, without modification the 332 can't drive speakers.

Thanks
post #1394 of 1888
Today I've just got a pair of LM 403B I ordered about a week ago. I'm really surprised that it only takes 7 days from US all the way to Thailand with the cheapest available shipping option.

About the sound, I compared this tubes with my WE403A/B, Mullard 6AK5W, and EF95; and to simply put, LM sounds best. Bloated bass I hate is reduced significantly and mid-high is also a bit better.

Can't wait to try this pair with Svets 6S19P Zodduska kindly shares with me.
post #1395 of 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrTv View Post
Today I've just got a pair of LM 403B I ordered about a week ago. I'm really surprised that it only takes 7 days from US all the way to Thailand with the cheapest available shipping option.

About the sound, I compared this tubes with my WE403A/B, Mullard 6AK5W, and EF95; and to simply put, LM sounds best. Bloated bass I hate is reduced significantly and mid-high is also a bit better.

Can't wait to try this pair with Svets 6S19P Zodduska kindly shares with me.
Congrats. Where did you get them from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Darkvoice just released 332