What Headphone replacement cushions would you all recommend for the SR80e? I live in FL and the stock foam cushions are gonna get hot during the summer. Any better materials for these great over ear cans?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best grados under 300$ Last post on 11/9/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 11/27/14 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Grado SR80 Impressions thread! - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 4854/3/15 at 3:32pmQuote:
Nope, the best IMO are the Grado (L) cushions.
The 80e come "stock with the (S) cushions.
If you don't already have the (L) cushions, I highly recommend getting them.
As far as the heat is concerned, the foam is probably the best option…Ear Zonk makes a vinyl replacement pad,which I tried out of curiosity, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! You can read my review on Amazon about them if you would like.
http://www.amazon.com/EarZonk-Long-Life-Leatherette-Cushions-Headphones/product-reviews/B00OM21W1I/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_2?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=all_stars&pageNumber=2post #483 of 4854/3/15 at 4:43pmpost #484 of 4854/3/15 at 4:52pmpost #485 of 4854/3/15 at 5:43pmThree days ago I pulled out my SR80 for the first time in at least 10 years. The earpads were crumbling. A quick order to Grado for the L pads and I'm back in business. What a great set of phones for the money and gateway to high end audio. I listened for a few hours through my JDS Labs C5D. Very nice.
- Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Balance Card for HIFI-ET MA8 MA9 Super Digital Audio Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 5 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 6 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2