Man do I love these headphones, just placed a order on a Little Dot I+ for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best grados under 300$ Last post on 11/9/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Grado SR80 Impressions thread! - Page 25post #361 of 5361/29/14 at 10:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 5361/29/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Yes, they are awesome headphones, and so is the LD1+. If you love the 80's now, wait until you hear them with the LD.
Are you using the (L) cushions's with the 80's?post #363 of 5361/29/14 at 11:17ampost #364 of 5361/29/14 at 11:37amQuote:
Definitely try the L's on the 80's, it is a world of difference!
They may not be as comfortable as the (S) cushions, but wash them and they will soften up, and you should get use to them. A lot of people complain about discomfort with the L's, but you may not have any discomfort with them at all, like myself.post #365 of 5361/29/14 at 11:59ampost #366 of 5361/29/14 at 4:56pmQuote:
I actually used my Modi dac from my Schiit Magni/Modi combo, and it sounded very good. Its a nice sounding/looking inexpensive dac, $1000.00U.S.post #367 of 5361/29/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
That's a great little amp for the Grados...I love my I+, and David is such a great guy to do business with. Excellent customer service.post #368 of 5361/29/14 at 5:47pmpost #369 of 5361/30/14 at 5:06ampost #370 of 5361/30/14 at 1:40pmpost #371 of 5361/30/14 at 1:43pmpost #372 of 5361/30/14 at 1:51pmpost #373 of 5361/30/14 at 2:21pm
Don't be sorry, I wouldn't steer anyone wrong, being I have experience with both the LD1+/Modi and I liked the sound from them, and their both good inexpensive components.
Also it is always good to hear other peoples opinions too. You will definitely enjoy the two together, if you get them let us know how you like them.post #374 of 5361/30/14 at 2:44pm
Yes, different opinions is good.
The LD will ship to me after the Chinese new year is over, I will use it with my DacMagic that I have in my hifi rig first.
Will let you know what I think about it when it arrives.post #375 of 5361/30/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If I remember correctly, I had thought I read that a lot of people use/like the DacMagic.
Are you just looking for something different, or a desktop set up?
- Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 16 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble 4U, VSonic VSD2, M-Audio M50 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX + free K702 angled earpads and comfort strap 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...