Man do I love these headphones, just placed a order on a Little Dot I+ for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best grados under 300$ Last post on 11/9/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 11/27/14 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Grado SR80 Impressions thread! - Page 25post #361 of 4851/29/14 at 10:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 4851/29/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Yes, they are awesome headphones, and so is the LD1+. If you love the 80's now, wait until you hear them with the LD.
Are you using the (L) cushions's with the 80's?post #363 of 4851/29/14 at 11:17ampost #364 of 4851/29/14 at 11:37amQuote:
Definitely try the L's on the 80's, it is a world of difference!
They may not be as comfortable as the (S) cushions, but wash them and they will soften up, and you should get use to them. A lot of people complain about discomfort with the L's, but you may not have any discomfort with them at all, like myself.post #365 of 4851/29/14 at 11:59ampost #366 of 4851/29/14 at 4:56pmQuote:
I actually used my Modi dac from my Schiit Magni/Modi combo, and it sounded very good. Its a nice sounding/looking inexpensive dac, $1000.00U.S.post #367 of 4851/29/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
That's a great little amp for the Grados...I love my I+, and David is such a great guy to do business with. Excellent customer service.post #368 of 4851/29/14 at 5:47pmpost #369 of 4851/30/14 at 5:06ampost #370 of 4851/30/14 at 1:40pmpost #371 of 4851/30/14 at 1:43pmpost #372 of 4851/30/14 at 1:51pmpost #373 of 4851/30/14 at 2:21pm
Don't be sorry, I wouldn't steer anyone wrong, being I have experience with both the LD1+/Modi and I liked the sound from them, and their both good inexpensive components.
Also it is always good to hear other peoples opinions too. You will definitely enjoy the two together, if you get them let us know how you like them.post #374 of 4851/30/14 at 2:44pm
Yes, different opinions is good.
The LD will ship to me after the Chinese new year is over, I will use it with my DacMagic that I have in my hifi rig first.
Will let you know what I think about it when it arrives.post #375 of 4851/30/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If I remember correctly, I had thought I read that a lot of people use/like the DacMagic.
Are you just looking for something different, or a desktop set up?
- Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 13 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 14 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2