Man do I love these headphones, just placed a order on a Little Dot I+ for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best grados under 300$ Last post on 11/9/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Grado SR80 Impressions thread! - Page 25post #361 of 5361/29/14 at 10:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 5361/29/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Yes, they are awesome headphones, and so is the LD1+. If you love the 80's now, wait until you hear them with the LD.
Are you using the (L) cushions's with the 80's?post #363 of 5361/29/14 at 11:17ampost #364 of 5361/29/14 at 11:37amQuote:
Definitely try the L's on the 80's, it is a world of difference!
They may not be as comfortable as the (S) cushions, but wash them and they will soften up, and you should get use to them. A lot of people complain about discomfort with the L's, but you may not have any discomfort with them at all, like myself.post #365 of 5361/29/14 at 11:59ampost #366 of 5361/29/14 at 4:56pmQuote:
I actually used my Modi dac from my Schiit Magni/Modi combo, and it sounded very good. Its a nice sounding/looking inexpensive dac, $1000.00U.S.post #367 of 5361/29/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
That's a great little amp for the Grados...I love my I+, and David is such a great guy to do business with. Excellent customer service.post #368 of 5361/29/14 at 5:47pmpost #369 of 5361/30/14 at 5:06ampost #370 of 5361/30/14 at 1:40pmpost #371 of 5361/30/14 at 1:43pmpost #372 of 5361/30/14 at 1:51pmpost #373 of 5361/30/14 at 2:21pm
Don't be sorry, I wouldn't steer anyone wrong, being I have experience with both the LD1+/Modi and I liked the sound from them, and their both good inexpensive components.
Also it is always good to hear other peoples opinions too. You will definitely enjoy the two together, if you get them let us know how you like them.post #374 of 5361/30/14 at 2:44pm
Yes, different opinions is good.
The LD will ship to me after the Chinese new year is over, I will use it with my DacMagic that I have in my hifi rig first.
Will let you know what I think about it when it arrives.post #375 of 5361/30/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If I remember correctly, I had thought I read that a lot of people use/like the DacMagic.
Are you just looking for something different, or a desktop set up?
- Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Grado 325e headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 5 minutes ago
- › Why does quieter music require less data? (FLAC file size) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...