Man do I love these headphones, just placed a order on a Little Dot I+ for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best grados under 300$ Last post on 11/9/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Grado SR80 Impressions thread! - Page 25post #361 of 5321/29/14 at 10:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 5321/29/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Yes, they are awesome headphones, and so is the LD1+. If you love the 80's now, wait until you hear them with the LD.
Are you using the (L) cushions's with the 80's?post #363 of 5321/29/14 at 11:17ampost #364 of 5321/29/14 at 11:37amQuote:
Definitely try the L's on the 80's, it is a world of difference!
They may not be as comfortable as the (S) cushions, but wash them and they will soften up, and you should get use to them. A lot of people complain about discomfort with the L's, but you may not have any discomfort with them at all, like myself.post #365 of 5321/29/14 at 11:59ampost #366 of 5321/29/14 at 4:56pmQuote:
I actually used my Modi dac from my Schiit Magni/Modi combo, and it sounded very good. Its a nice sounding/looking inexpensive dac, $1000.00U.S.post #367 of 5321/29/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
That's a great little amp for the Grados...I love my I+, and David is such a great guy to do business with. Excellent customer service.post #368 of 5321/29/14 at 5:47pmpost #369 of 5321/30/14 at 5:06ampost #370 of 5321/30/14 at 1:40pmpost #371 of 5321/30/14 at 1:43pmpost #372 of 5321/30/14 at 1:51pmpost #373 of 5321/30/14 at 2:21pm
Don't be sorry, I wouldn't steer anyone wrong, being I have experience with both the LD1+/Modi and I liked the sound from them, and their both good inexpensive components.
Also it is always good to hear other peoples opinions too. You will definitely enjoy the two together, if you get them let us know how you like them.post #374 of 5321/30/14 at 2:44pm
Yes, different opinions is good.
The LD will ship to me after the Chinese new year is over, I will use it with my DacMagic that I have in my hifi rig first.
Will let you know what I think about it when it arrives.post #375 of 5321/30/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If I remember correctly, I had thought I read that a lot of people use/like the DacMagic.
Are you just looking for something different, or a desktop set up?
- Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Elekit TU-882r tube amp (UK) 43 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 4 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 7 minutes ago
- › Should i upgrade my Xonar DG? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...