yeah that was a typo, my bad. ^^:
Related Forum Threads
- Yamamoto HA-2 Last post on 6/5/10 at 10:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AT HA5000 vs. SPL Phonitor vs. Yamamoto HA2 and ATH W5000, not really a battle, but still... Last post on 8/11/10 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02 - Page 89post #1321 of 13412/26/12 at 9:09am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1322 of 13412/27/12 at 5:31pm
Yamamoto has just released a new dac, the YDA-02. It cost 28,000 Yen which is around US$350. However, it is only a USB DAC. It does not seem to have any SPDIF coaxial inputs. You can check it out at Yamamoto's website http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/index-e.html or the direct link http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/YDA-02-E.html. Have a nice day ahead!post #1323 of 13412/28/12 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Dynamic74
Yamamoto has just released a new dac, the YDA-02. It cost 28,000 Yen which is around US$350. However, it is only a USB DAC. It does not seem to have any SPDIF coaxial inputs. You can check it out at Yamamoto's website http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/index-e.html or the direct link http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/YDA-02-E.html. Have a nice day ahead!
I really don't know what to think about this unit...It is nothing like there other DACs costing 10x as much. Can't believe it would do nearly as well. It does not even seem to have any other outputs other than that single headphone out.
Edited by slwiser - 2/28/12 at 2:46ampost #1324 of 13413/4/12 at 7:10am
I have just purchased the Yamamoto YDA-02. I just wrote a short introduction in another link -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/598358/new-yamamoto-yda-02-usb-dac. It is pretty good with regards to its price. Have a nice day ahead!post #1325 of 13415/22/12 at 11:17pm
Hi there,I got an HA-02 to amp my W5000s and I hear a very clear "hum" even when the pot is at position zero. I heard the "hum" with all tube amplifiers that I have tested but, after reading the spectacular reviews and synergies between this amplifier and the audio technicas, I hoped that the "hum" would not be noticeable.Can anybody help me trying to find out if the "hum" is normal, if there is a way to try to mitigate it, etc.? In case it can help: I hear no "hum" at all with solid state amplifiers and I have a decent electrical installation and cables.Thanks in advancepost #1326 of 13415/23/12 at 2:26ampost #1327 of 13415/23/12 at 1:56pmThanks for the reply, I will try the cleaning.
The Yamamoto's power supply was replaced with a 220V one by the person that owned it 2 levels before me.
The amplifier is connected to a decent power bar from audioconnexion.de shared with my DAC (Matrix Quattro DAC). Nothing else is connected to the power bar and the power bar is directly connected to the wall socket. All other gear is connected to another power bar that goes to another wall socket located at 2 or 3 meters from the first wall socket.
Cheerspost #1328 of 13415/30/12 at 3:06am
sounds like an earth loop.
Removing an earth connection on DAC or source might work.
On my Yamamoto I recognized that some RCA plugs do not connect fine.
Try some other RCA cable.....
Kind Regardspost #1329 of 13415/30/12 at 3:15pm
I tried the cleaning but nothing changed. Also tried another set of RCA cables and the result was more or less the same.
I will try during the weekend connecting the DAC power cable through an adaptor with no earth and let you know, thanks for the idea!
Cheerspost #1330 of 13419/19/12 at 6:08ampost #1331 of 13419/19/12 at 10:17amHi,No, the "hum" issue has been there all the time but I concluded (not proved) that the problem was caused by an external source that I could not find and I finally bought a very nice solid state amp to forget about hums forever. I got to that conclusion after the amplifier was tested by other users that reported no hum and I got a very nice Icon Audio HP8 MK2 SE amplifier (that I returned it) that was also "humming" in my system but not in others.Cheerspost #1332 of 13419/22/12 at 6:37ampost #1333 of 13419/22/12 at 1:38pmpost #1334 of 134112/8/12 at 11:23pm
As much as I love the Yammy with my LCD2s, I have to say that it sounds terrible when driving the Bayer T1s. My Alo Continental V2 sounded far far better. Not sure if the Yammy hates 600ohm cans or if it just dislikes the T1s. Anyone else had a similar experience?post #1335 of 13411/4/13 at 3:34pm
I purchased an unused HA02 amp recently and it turned out that one of the original WE tubes is faulty (starts humming after about 30-45min of use). I got some NOS Philips JAN 408a (a readily available replacement here in the UK) to see whether the problem was tube-related and while I got rid of the noise issue, the Philips tubes have also altered the amp's sound. The the overall warmth and synergy I was getting with the original WE tubes and my ATH W5000 cans is now, unfortunately, gone; Philips tubes are brighter and have more bite. I know HA02 was designed with WE 408a tubes in mind and I would definitely like to retain the amp's original sonic character.
Can anyone suggest a good and reasonably priced source of WE 408A D getter tubes in Europe or UK (apart from ebay)? There are plenty of companies on the other side of the pond but the shipping costs often double the price.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Edited by robdeszan - 1/4/13 at 4:29pm
- Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 6 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 11 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 11 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 11 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear