- 1,135 Posts. Joined 11/2005
- Location: Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandStaxtagged by System, 1/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX.JP Reintroduces Models STAX SRS-002 and STAX SRS-005SMK2 (headset + amp) Last post on 12/7/12 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would welcome some help with a set of Stax Gamma SR headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 5:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax factory tour and interview in Japan approved during my trip to Tokyo Japan December 6th to... Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:50am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Stax Portable Adaptor-SRD-X - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks to all of you for the advice about thenon pro stax SRD-x Adaptor-
Sorry I didn't stay on yesterday! I am now back from my work and will try them out to see if infact anything negative happens. You people are like a braintrust of headphone information. I am totally impressed. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc
Originally Posted by spritzer
Well maybe not. I think the voltage swing on these amps is pretty meager and the Sigmas need a lot of power. This could overload the amp and if it doesn't shut down it could be damaged.
Stax SRDP (pro) similar to the SRDX. I note that the
SDRP doesn't have enough output to drive a Sigma to
very high levels of volume. Recall the Sigmas are
much less efficient than the Lambdas and probably the
various SRX's and the like which were around at the
time the SRDX was made. In other words. They run the
Sigmas, but not very well. Stax probably didn't want
complaints on that score. Just my guess. Possibly
you could send this query to Stax through their
Originally Posted by Carl
The Apero Alpha is a different and inferior headphone, and isn't electrostatic.
Stax non pro sigma and SRD X up and runningWell, I finallly got around to plugging in my Stax non pro sigmas to the SRD-X. I would like to thank all you headphone brothers and sisters for helping me out with this problem. Here is my report on the qaulity of sound etc.
Well there is plenty of volume power. I am using a Sony portable cd walkman DEJ-oo1 as well as the plug into the wall outlet adapter/not batteries. I have my sigma non pros hooked up into the SRD X adapter and have played a couple of Moody Blues Cds to run this informal test,
For best results, I have found that the cd player volume should be low and that the SRD X volume should be middle to full. The sound quality is full and smooth. There seems to be way more than enough power to drive the sigmas. At three fourths power, the sound is already too loud for my ears.
Two questions remain. What will the sigmas sound like while running on batteries instead of the wall adapter? and Will I be brave enough to wear them out onto the streets of Manhattan, NYC and take the verbal abuse I am sure to get.
Again thanks for your help. Scottsmrnyc NYC USA
|BTW, I'm looking for a wall adaptor. The CA distributor was no help.|
Does anyone have a schematic for the srd-x pro?
I can't tell if it has been opened, but I cannot get it to work with batteries.
Works with the wallwart.
Afraid the battery connector is upside down, but figure I'll ask for a picture before opening.
- Stax Portable Adaptor-SRD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 53 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob