- 1,135 Posts. Joined 11/2005
- Location: Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandStaxtagged by System, 1/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX.JP Reintroduces Models STAX SRS-002 and STAX SRS-005SMK2 (headset + amp) Last post on 12/7/12 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would welcome some help with a set of Stax Gamma SR headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 5:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax factory tour and interview in Japan approved during my trip to Tokyo Japan December 6th to... Last post on 2/8/13 at 7:50am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Stax Portable Adaptor-SRD-X - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks to all of you for the advice about thenon pro stax SRD-x Adaptor-
Sorry I didn't stay on yesterday! I am now back from my work and will try them out to see if infact anything negative happens. You people are like a braintrust of headphone information. I am totally impressed. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc
Originally Posted by spritzer
Well maybe not. I think the voltage swing on these amps is pretty meager and the Sigmas need a lot of power. This could overload the amp and if it doesn't shut down it could be damaged.
Stax SRDP (pro) similar to the SRDX. I note that the
SDRP doesn't have enough output to drive a Sigma to
very high levels of volume. Recall the Sigmas are
much less efficient than the Lambdas and probably the
various SRX's and the like which were around at the
time the SRDX was made. In other words. They run the
Sigmas, but not very well. Stax probably didn't want
complaints on that score. Just my guess. Possibly
you could send this query to Stax through their
Originally Posted by Carl
The Apero Alpha is a different and inferior headphone, and isn't electrostatic.
Stax non pro sigma and SRD X up and runningWell, I finallly got around to plugging in my Stax non pro sigmas to the SRD-X. I would like to thank all you headphone brothers and sisters for helping me out with this problem. Here is my report on the qaulity of sound etc.
Well there is plenty of volume power. I am using a Sony portable cd walkman DEJ-oo1 as well as the plug into the wall outlet adapter/not batteries. I have my sigma non pros hooked up into the SRD X adapter and have played a couple of Moody Blues Cds to run this informal test,
For best results, I have found that the cd player volume should be low and that the SRD X volume should be middle to full. The sound quality is full and smooth. There seems to be way more than enough power to drive the sigmas. At three fourths power, the sound is already too loud for my ears.
Two questions remain. What will the sigmas sound like while running on batteries instead of the wall adapter? and Will I be brave enough to wear them out onto the streets of Manhattan, NYC and take the verbal abuse I am sure to get.
Again thanks for your help. Scottsmrnyc NYC USA
|BTW, I'm looking for a wall adaptor. The CA distributor was no help.|
Does anyone have a schematic for the srd-x pro?
I can't tell if it has been opened, but I cannot get it to work with batteries.
Works with the wallwart.
Afraid the battery connector is upside down, but figure I'll ask for a picture before opening.
- Stax Portable Adaptor-SRD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey, All For The Love of Music... 4 seconds ago
- › upgrade headphones first, or go ahead and get dac/amp stack? 32 seconds ago
- › Tyl, Measurements, AKG k812, and what really matters when assessing... 59 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Help me choose new headphones 1 minute ago
- › Which of these headphones is best for EDM production/engineering? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by skehoe