- 21,537 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/14
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 2/26/15 at 1:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Yarland P-100 - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I seriously agree with you guys about upgrading tubes. Here's a rundown of the tube-rolling I did:
Chinese 6N3J's swapped out for NOS JAN GE 5670W's ($5 ea via eBay)
Chinese EL84's swaped out for Tung-Sol EL84's ($16.95 ea via thetubestore.com)
There is a SERIOUS improvement in the overall sound. The bass sounds tighter, there noise floor is gone, no hum whatsoever.
Has anyone tried either the old version of the TESLA EL84's (with the yellow lettering) or The Tube Store Preferred Series 7189 (Premium EL84)? That's the direction I'd go if I were going to upgrade tubes further.
- Yarland P-100
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › What speaker set-ups are in use among our Membership for 5.1 and/or... 3 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 5 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3