Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 197
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2942 of 310210/30/13 at 7:51pmpost #2943 of 310210/30/13 at 7:53pmpost #2944 of 310210/30/13 at 8:01pmpost #2945 of 310210/30/13 at 9:03pm
I bought them with the cocobolo wood cups and metal grills already in place, and I used fabric dye to make 414 pads black.
I wish I could compare them to stock - I've never heard a stock MS1 before, just these - and I absolutely love them.
They sound more pleasant than a billion virgins knocking at my front door.
They sound better than that "tick tick tick" noise that ATMs make when dispensing cash. And we all love that noise.
(In otherwise, subjectively, I like the way they sound.)post #2946 of 310210/31/13 at 7:35ampost #2947 of 310211/9/13 at 12:03ampost #2948 of 310211/9/13 at 6:00pm
I reversed quarter modded my 414 pads, they're more comfortable then the stock comfies and the 414 pads stock combined. I'm really enjoying them. I wouldn't know what to choose if i had to choose one headphone out of the three i own. The ms1-i's were $110 while the other 2 were $200+ at the time.. lolpost #2949 of 310211/18/13 at 9:22am
Add me to the ms1 fan club- been using mine for about 5 years now in a music production context. Great sound and an incredibly flat response. I have mine fitted with the L-cush's FWIW.
Best 99$ I ever spent!post #2950 of 310211/18/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
Welcome!post #2951 of 310211/18/13 at 5:47pm
Also regarding pads, i tried mine with quater mods, had a few strands of hair into the driver, due to the exposed area, had it removed. (just a caution if you're going to do this)
Still looking for a decent woodie so i can have them changed! Would post a pic in the near future.post #2952 of 310211/19/13 at 11:58am
Cheers! I'm pretty sure I was here some time back but can't for the life of me remember the account name or email I set it up with. I'm probably somewhere else in this post!post #2953 of 310211/28/13 at 6:43pm
Just put these on for the first time in a while..
They really aren't as bass-light as a lot of people make them out to be.
They definitely aren't big, bad basshead rumblers or anything, but they definitely punch pretty deep and hard.post #2954 of 310211/30/13 at 9:45amI have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.post #2955 of 310211/30/13 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by underwoodken123
I have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.
I like the way you think. I do really feel that the MS1 has a special place and time in my personal collection.
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 seconds ago
- › Effect Audio cables thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › ATH AD700 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear