Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 197
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2942 of 310610/30/13 at 7:51pmpost #2943 of 310610/30/13 at 7:53pmpost #2944 of 310610/30/13 at 8:01pmpost #2945 of 310610/30/13 at 9:03pm
I bought them with the cocobolo wood cups and metal grills already in place, and I used fabric dye to make 414 pads black.
I wish I could compare them to stock - I've never heard a stock MS1 before, just these - and I absolutely love them.
They sound more pleasant than a billion virgins knocking at my front door.
They sound better than that "tick tick tick" noise that ATMs make when dispensing cash. And we all love that noise.
(In otherwise, subjectively, I like the way they sound.)post #2946 of 310610/31/13 at 7:35ampost #2947 of 310611/9/13 at 12:03ampost #2948 of 310611/9/13 at 6:00pm
I reversed quarter modded my 414 pads, they're more comfortable then the stock comfies and the 414 pads stock combined. I'm really enjoying them. I wouldn't know what to choose if i had to choose one headphone out of the three i own. The ms1-i's were $110 while the other 2 were $200+ at the time.. lolpost #2949 of 310611/18/13 at 9:22am
Add me to the ms1 fan club- been using mine for about 5 years now in a music production context. Great sound and an incredibly flat response. I have mine fitted with the L-cush's FWIW.
Best 99$ I ever spent!post #2950 of 310611/18/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
Welcome!post #2951 of 310611/18/13 at 5:47pm
Also regarding pads, i tried mine with quater mods, had a few strands of hair into the driver, due to the exposed area, had it removed. (just a caution if you're going to do this)
Still looking for a decent woodie so i can have them changed! Would post a pic in the near future.post #2952 of 310611/19/13 at 11:58am
Cheers! I'm pretty sure I was here some time back but can't for the life of me remember the account name or email I set it up with. I'm probably somewhere else in this post!post #2953 of 310611/28/13 at 6:43pm
Just put these on for the first time in a while..
They really aren't as bass-light as a lot of people make them out to be.
They definitely aren't big, bad basshead rumblers or anything, but they definitely punch pretty deep and hard.post #2954 of 310611/30/13 at 9:45amI have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.post #2955 of 310611/30/13 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by underwoodken123
I have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.
I like the way you think. I do really feel that the MS1 has a special place and time in my personal collection.
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 50 seconds ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clarifier iPhone App 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › A list of quadraphonic headphones, and the best ones. 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear