- 8 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 196post #2926 of 296310/3/13 at 8:30amI just got my first pair of ms1i's off eBay. I'm pretty excited to hear the Grado sound after reading so much about them. Now I just have to wait till they make it through the mail....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 296310/4/13 at 9:32amQuote:
I'm actually still in shock over how good these sound. HOW are they so cheap?post #2928 of 296310/14/13 at 6:38pm
I got these a couple days ago and i'm loving them with my music. The sound stage and imaging is pretty much non-existent, not a big problem for me though, i don't really need sound stage and imaging for my music. What pads would one recommend for a brighter sound signature though? I'm a little wary to do the quarter mod on my comfies.
Also, i'm now a believer of burn-in, either the headphone or just my ears getting use to the sound..? i don't know... god what a difference!
Edited by joshwalnut - 10/14/13 at 6:43pmpost #2929 of 296310/14/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
In my opinion, the L-Cush pads radically improve the sound of any of the Grado/Alessandro phones that ship with the S-Cush pads.post #2930 of 296310/15/13 at 1:20amQuote:
I second this! Tightens the bass and improves clarity & soundstage.
MS1i with L-Cush pads comes close to the 225i/325ipost #2931 of 296310/15/13 at 1:54ampost #2932 of 296310/15/13 at 2:03am
I've tried them also, after my initial disappointment with the comfort of the L-cush pads. I did the 'reverse quarter mod' on them, i.e. cut a hole in the front, then mount them backwards, so the original factory-cut hole faces outwards.
I liked the comfort, but ultimately still preferred the sound with the L Cush, so I persevered with them and now couldn't use anything else :)post #2933 of 296310/15/13 at 2:10ampost #2934 of 296310/15/13 at 2:33amQuote:
I don't think so, to be honest ... I only cut the holes as I was trying to get them to sound more like the L-cush. I couldn't really tell the difference after I'd done the mod! The HD414 foam is not very dense, is it.
I reverse quarter-modded my stock S-cush pads too, in the end, but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound ...
I guess the sound you get with the L-Cush is more than just having the driver exposed; there's the shape/thickness of the foam & the fact it's constructed from layers of different density foams.post #2935 of 296310/15/13 at 3:23am
I have two pairs of 414 pads - one is quarter modded, the other isn't. It seems like a popular modification, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.. I really can't tell a difference sonically between the two.post #2936 of 296310/15/13 at 3:54ampost #2937 of 296310/15/13 at 9:25am
I just ordered some HD 414 pads.. i'll see how it goes... i'll probably end up buying the l-cush pads in the future too because curiosity is a b*tch.. lol
So i've already read quite a bit about the grado mods.. some people said that the wooden cups affect the sound quality, some said it doesn't and it's just for looks.... this was back in '06 though... what's everyone think now that there's more known about them? I could make some wooden ones, but if it doesn't do anything to the sound then i could care less what they looks like on the outside. Thanks for the info guyspost #2938 of 296310/22/13 at 1:39pmpost #2939 of 296310/22/13 at 2:00pmYes although depending on how new you are to headphones it might be your first time experiencing an open backed can. And if you are planning to get headphones for public travel these wouldn't probably be the best choice.post #2940 of 296310/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Do you plan on using them at home, or on the go?
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › V-moda XS? 15 seconds ago
- › Earphones with best isolation for outsiders? 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones! Help! 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob