- 8 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 196post #2926 of 302910/3/13 at 8:30amI just got my first pair of ms1i's off eBay. I'm pretty excited to hear the Grado sound after reading so much about them. Now I just have to wait till they make it through the mail....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 302910/4/13 at 9:32amQuote:
I'm actually still in shock over how good these sound. HOW are they so cheap?post #2928 of 302910/14/13 at 6:38pm
I got these a couple days ago and i'm loving them with my music. The sound stage and imaging is pretty much non-existent, not a big problem for me though, i don't really need sound stage and imaging for my music. What pads would one recommend for a brighter sound signature though? I'm a little wary to do the quarter mod on my comfies.
Also, i'm now a believer of burn-in, either the headphone or just my ears getting use to the sound..? i don't know... god what a difference!
Edited by joshwalnut - 10/14/13 at 6:43pmpost #2929 of 302910/14/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
In my opinion, the L-Cush pads radically improve the sound of any of the Grado/Alessandro phones that ship with the S-Cush pads.post #2930 of 302910/15/13 at 1:20amQuote:
I second this! Tightens the bass and improves clarity & soundstage.
MS1i with L-Cush pads comes close to the 225i/325ipost #2931 of 302910/15/13 at 1:54ampost #2932 of 302910/15/13 at 2:03am
I've tried them also, after my initial disappointment with the comfort of the L-cush pads. I did the 'reverse quarter mod' on them, i.e. cut a hole in the front, then mount them backwards, so the original factory-cut hole faces outwards.
I liked the comfort, but ultimately still preferred the sound with the L Cush, so I persevered with them and now couldn't use anything else :)post #2933 of 302910/15/13 at 2:10ampost #2934 of 302910/15/13 at 2:33amQuote:
I don't think so, to be honest ... I only cut the holes as I was trying to get them to sound more like the L-cush. I couldn't really tell the difference after I'd done the mod! The HD414 foam is not very dense, is it.
I reverse quarter-modded my stock S-cush pads too, in the end, but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound ...
I guess the sound you get with the L-Cush is more than just having the driver exposed; there's the shape/thickness of the foam & the fact it's constructed from layers of different density foams.post #2935 of 302910/15/13 at 3:23am
I have two pairs of 414 pads - one is quarter modded, the other isn't. It seems like a popular modification, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.. I really can't tell a difference sonically between the two.post #2936 of 302910/15/13 at 3:54ampost #2937 of 302910/15/13 at 9:25am
I just ordered some HD 414 pads.. i'll see how it goes... i'll probably end up buying the l-cush pads in the future too because curiosity is a b*tch.. lol
So i've already read quite a bit about the grado mods.. some people said that the wooden cups affect the sound quality, some said it doesn't and it's just for looks.... this was back in '06 though... what's everyone think now that there's more known about them? I could make some wooden ones, but if it doesn't do anything to the sound then i could care less what they looks like on the outside. Thanks for the info guyspost #2938 of 302910/22/13 at 1:39pmpost #2939 of 302910/22/13 at 2:00pmYes although depending on how new you are to headphones it might be your first time experiencing an open backed can. And if you are planning to get headphones for public travel these wouldn't probably be the best choice.post #2940 of 302910/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Do you plan on using them at home, or on the go?
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 14 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Maverick A1 – Hybrid Tube Amp & D2 – Tubemagic DAC + Extra... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)