- 8 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 196post #2926 of 301110/3/13 at 8:30amI just got my first pair of ms1i's off eBay. I'm pretty excited to hear the Grado sound after reading so much about them. Now I just have to wait till they make it through the mail....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 301110/4/13 at 9:32amQuote:
I'm actually still in shock over how good these sound. HOW are they so cheap?post #2928 of 301110/14/13 at 6:38pm
I got these a couple days ago and i'm loving them with my music. The sound stage and imaging is pretty much non-existent, not a big problem for me though, i don't really need sound stage and imaging for my music. What pads would one recommend for a brighter sound signature though? I'm a little wary to do the quarter mod on my comfies.
Also, i'm now a believer of burn-in, either the headphone or just my ears getting use to the sound..? i don't know... god what a difference!
Edited by joshwalnut - 10/14/13 at 6:43pmpost #2929 of 301110/14/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
In my opinion, the L-Cush pads radically improve the sound of any of the Grado/Alessandro phones that ship with the S-Cush pads.post #2930 of 301110/15/13 at 1:20amQuote:
I second this! Tightens the bass and improves clarity & soundstage.
MS1i with L-Cush pads comes close to the 225i/325ipost #2931 of 301110/15/13 at 1:54ampost #2932 of 301110/15/13 at 2:03am
I've tried them also, after my initial disappointment with the comfort of the L-cush pads. I did the 'reverse quarter mod' on them, i.e. cut a hole in the front, then mount them backwards, so the original factory-cut hole faces outwards.
I liked the comfort, but ultimately still preferred the sound with the L Cush, so I persevered with them and now couldn't use anything else :)post #2933 of 301110/15/13 at 2:10ampost #2934 of 301110/15/13 at 2:33amQuote:
I don't think so, to be honest ... I only cut the holes as I was trying to get them to sound more like the L-cush. I couldn't really tell the difference after I'd done the mod! The HD414 foam is not very dense, is it.
I reverse quarter-modded my stock S-cush pads too, in the end, but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound ...
I guess the sound you get with the L-Cush is more than just having the driver exposed; there's the shape/thickness of the foam & the fact it's constructed from layers of different density foams.post #2935 of 301110/15/13 at 3:23am
I have two pairs of 414 pads - one is quarter modded, the other isn't. It seems like a popular modification, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.. I really can't tell a difference sonically between the two.post #2936 of 301110/15/13 at 3:54ampost #2937 of 301110/15/13 at 9:25am
I just ordered some HD 414 pads.. i'll see how it goes... i'll probably end up buying the l-cush pads in the future too because curiosity is a b*tch.. lol
So i've already read quite a bit about the grado mods.. some people said that the wooden cups affect the sound quality, some said it doesn't and it's just for looks.... this was back in '06 though... what's everyone think now that there's more known about them? I could make some wooden ones, but if it doesn't do anything to the sound then i could care less what they looks like on the outside. Thanks for the info guyspost #2938 of 301110/22/13 at 1:39pmpost #2939 of 301110/22/13 at 2:00pmYes although depending on how new you are to headphones it might be your first time experiencing an open backed can. And if you are planning to get headphones for public travel these wouldn't probably be the best choice.post #2940 of 301110/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Do you plan on using them at home, or on the go?
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 40 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Orthodynamic Yamaha YH-100 with Jmoney Beyer pads. [European] 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)