- 8 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 196post #2926 of 295710/3/13 at 8:30amI just got my first pair of ms1i's off eBay. I'm pretty excited to hear the Grado sound after reading so much about them. Now I just have to wait till they make it through the mail....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 295710/4/13 at 9:32amQuote:
I'm actually still in shock over how good these sound. HOW are they so cheap?post #2928 of 295710/14/13 at 6:38pm
I got these a couple days ago and i'm loving them with my music. The sound stage and imaging is pretty much non-existent, not a big problem for me though, i don't really need sound stage and imaging for my music. What pads would one recommend for a brighter sound signature though? I'm a little wary to do the quarter mod on my comfies.
Also, i'm now a believer of burn-in, either the headphone or just my ears getting use to the sound..? i don't know... god what a difference!
Edited by joshwalnut - 10/14/13 at 6:43pmpost #2929 of 295710/14/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
In my opinion, the L-Cush pads radically improve the sound of any of the Grado/Alessandro phones that ship with the S-Cush pads.post #2930 of 295710/15/13 at 1:20amQuote:
I second this! Tightens the bass and improves clarity & soundstage.
MS1i with L-Cush pads comes close to the 225i/325ipost #2931 of 295710/15/13 at 1:54ampost #2932 of 295710/15/13 at 2:03am
I've tried them also, after my initial disappointment with the comfort of the L-cush pads. I did the 'reverse quarter mod' on them, i.e. cut a hole in the front, then mount them backwards, so the original factory-cut hole faces outwards.
I liked the comfort, but ultimately still preferred the sound with the L Cush, so I persevered with them and now couldn't use anything else :)post #2933 of 295710/15/13 at 2:10ampost #2934 of 295710/15/13 at 2:33amQuote:
I don't think so, to be honest ... I only cut the holes as I was trying to get them to sound more like the L-cush. I couldn't really tell the difference after I'd done the mod! The HD414 foam is not very dense, is it.
I reverse quarter-modded my stock S-cush pads too, in the end, but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound ...
I guess the sound you get with the L-Cush is more than just having the driver exposed; there's the shape/thickness of the foam & the fact it's constructed from layers of different density foams.post #2935 of 295710/15/13 at 3:23am
I have two pairs of 414 pads - one is quarter modded, the other isn't. It seems like a popular modification, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.. I really can't tell a difference sonically between the two.post #2936 of 295710/15/13 at 3:54ampost #2937 of 295710/15/13 at 9:25am
I just ordered some HD 414 pads.. i'll see how it goes... i'll probably end up buying the l-cush pads in the future too because curiosity is a b*tch.. lol
So i've already read quite a bit about the grado mods.. some people said that the wooden cups affect the sound quality, some said it doesn't and it's just for looks.... this was back in '06 though... what's everyone think now that there's more known about them? I could make some wooden ones, but if it doesn't do anything to the sound then i could care less what they looks like on the outside. Thanks for the info guyspost #2938 of 295710/22/13 at 1:39pmpost #2939 of 295710/22/13 at 2:00pmYes although depending on how new you are to headphones it might be your first time experiencing an open backed can. And if you are planning to get headphones for public travel these wouldn't probably be the best choice.post #2940 of 295710/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Do you plan on using them at home, or on the go?
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP 16 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Closed headphone alternative to HD 800 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 8 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital