- 8 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado sr80i vs Alessandro ms-1i Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- vids of open phones leaking sound? Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! - Page 196post #2926 of 296310/3/13 at 8:30amI just got my first pair of ms1i's off eBay. I'm pretty excited to hear the Grado sound after reading so much about them. Now I just have to wait till they make it through the mail....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 296310/4/13 at 9:32amQuote:
I'm actually still in shock over how good these sound. HOW are they so cheap?post #2928 of 296310/14/13 at 6:38pm
I got these a couple days ago and i'm loving them with my music. The sound stage and imaging is pretty much non-existent, not a big problem for me though, i don't really need sound stage and imaging for my music. What pads would one recommend for a brighter sound signature though? I'm a little wary to do the quarter mod on my comfies.
Also, i'm now a believer of burn-in, either the headphone or just my ears getting use to the sound..? i don't know... god what a difference!
Edited by joshwalnut - 10/14/13 at 6:43pmpost #2929 of 296310/14/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
In my opinion, the L-Cush pads radically improve the sound of any of the Grado/Alessandro phones that ship with the S-Cush pads.post #2930 of 296310/15/13 at 1:20amQuote:
I second this! Tightens the bass and improves clarity & soundstage.
MS1i with L-Cush pads comes close to the 225i/325ipost #2931 of 296310/15/13 at 1:54ampost #2932 of 296310/15/13 at 2:03am
I've tried them also, after my initial disappointment with the comfort of the L-cush pads. I did the 'reverse quarter mod' on them, i.e. cut a hole in the front, then mount them backwards, so the original factory-cut hole faces outwards.
I liked the comfort, but ultimately still preferred the sound with the L Cush, so I persevered with them and now couldn't use anything else :)post #2933 of 296310/15/13 at 2:10ampost #2934 of 296310/15/13 at 2:33amQuote:
I don't think so, to be honest ... I only cut the holes as I was trying to get them to sound more like the L-cush. I couldn't really tell the difference after I'd done the mod! The HD414 foam is not very dense, is it.
I reverse quarter-modded my stock S-cush pads too, in the end, but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound ...
I guess the sound you get with the L-Cush is more than just having the driver exposed; there's the shape/thickness of the foam & the fact it's constructed from layers of different density foams.post #2935 of 296310/15/13 at 3:23am
I have two pairs of 414 pads - one is quarter modded, the other isn't. It seems like a popular modification, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.. I really can't tell a difference sonically between the two.post #2936 of 296310/15/13 at 3:54ampost #2937 of 296310/15/13 at 9:25am
I just ordered some HD 414 pads.. i'll see how it goes... i'll probably end up buying the l-cush pads in the future too because curiosity is a b*tch.. lol
So i've already read quite a bit about the grado mods.. some people said that the wooden cups affect the sound quality, some said it doesn't and it's just for looks.... this was back in '06 though... what's everyone think now that there's more known about them? I could make some wooden ones, but if it doesn't do anything to the sound then i could care less what they looks like on the outside. Thanks for the info guyspost #2938 of 296310/22/13 at 1:39pmpost #2939 of 296310/22/13 at 2:00pmYes although depending on how new you are to headphones it might be your first time experiencing an open backed can. And if you are planning to get headphones for public travel these wouldn't probably be the best choice.post #2940 of 296310/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Do you plan on using them at home, or on the go?
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 47 seconds ago
- › Technical Itch dnb 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › best on-ear under $100 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Budget can for movies 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude