Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 634

post #9496 of 19516

Quite surprised how good the HiFiman HM603 drives HD650, not still into a good desktop setup level but it's nice already

post #9497 of 19516

I found a online store that sell the HD650 for $378.68 with free delivery for anyone who like to check it out.

http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/sennheiser-open-dynamic-stereo-headphone-hd650-with-2year-international-warranty-p-1816.html

post #9498 of 19516

I would contact Brian from RazorDog Deals.  I think Sennheiser is cracking down on retail pricing but hes always been great to deal with.

post #9499 of 19516
So this morning I had possibly the best headphone experience ever listening to Kurt Elling's version of Leaving again/in the wee small hours off his album nightmoves. His voice really hits the 650 sound sig nicely.

Now about amps- everyone seems to rave about the lyr not just for these but in general. Why no love for the Valhalla? Also, any experiences with the budget hifiman EF2A? I like that it's small and a amp/dac combo but from what I've read it's nothing to write home about in either category. Thoughts? My only qualm is that there's no out to send to my stereo amp or powered monitors, and I take it that's it's not great to send an already amped signal into an amp/powered speaker.
post #9500 of 19516

Here is another evidence that replacing the cable might change the sound character of HD650.

 

When I was making a cable for my HD650 today, I dug out the original cable to make sure that the wire configuration for the cable I was making was correct. I used a multimeter to identify which pole on the phone connector was connected to the ring, tip, or the base of the 1/4 in plug. To my surprise, the cable I was making and the original cable showed obviously different resistance values. The cable I was making has about 0.1-0.2 ohms from the connector to the 1/4 in plug, but the original cable has 0.7-0.8 ohms. 

 

The cable I made today uses a much thicker wire: 22 awg silver plated. My cable definitely sounds better in all aspects.

post #9501 of 19516
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

I found a online store that sell the HD650 for $378.68 with free delivery for anyone who like to check it out.
http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/sennheiser-open-dynamic-stereo-headphone-hd650-with-2year-international-warranty-p-1816.html

"International warranty" translation: Valid outside the USA only (gray market). Razordog is an authorized US retailer.
post #9502 of 19516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmhf View Post

Here is another evidence that replacing the cable might change the sound character of HD650.

 

When I was making a cable for my HD650 today, I dug out the original cable to make sure that the wire configuration for the cable I was making was correct. I used a multimeter to identify which pole on the phone connector was connected to the ring, tip, or the base of the 1/4 in plug. To my surprise, the cable I was making and the original cable showed obviously different resistance values. The cable I was making has about 0.1-0.2 ohms from the connector to the 1/4 in plug, but the original cable has 0.7-0.8 ohms. 

 

The cable I made today uses a much thicker wire: 22 awg silver plated. My cable definitely sounds better in all aspects.

 

How about a pic of your work? 

post #9503 of 19516

Downloading now from HD Tracks as we speak in 88 / 24

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post


Glad you like! =D

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by earphiler View Post

track 1 of sophie milman "in the moonlight," and I am hooked :)

 
post #9504 of 19516

These are currently ~ EUR 230 on amazon.fr (depending on where you live).

 

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00018MSNI

 

Although it says EUR 249.95, once you hit checkout it reduces to EUR 229 if you're delivering to Australia, and has been reported in the Deals thread at EUR 234 for delivery to Asia.

 

Helped me pull the trigger on these babies =)


Edited by Santina - 12/15/12 at 9:07pm
post #9505 of 19516

At Amazon France, the HD650  (EUR 249.99) is cheaper than the HD600 (EUR 261.88). 

At Amazon USA,  the HD650 changes it's price daily, going from $495 to $399.99 going up and down in the same day. 

 

What's happening with these cans? have Senheiser found something wrong with them?

post #9506 of 19516
Prices fluctuate all the time on Amazon. Has nothing to do with the HD650. I've seen the price of the DT990 change from $224 to $379 in the same day, and back down to high $200s... it just happens.
post #9507 of 19516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Prices fluctuate all the time on Amazon. Has nothing to do with the HD650. I've seen the price of the DT990 change from $224 to $379 in the same day, and back down to high $200s... it just happens.

Correct. The prices on thousands of different products, not just headphones, fluctuate regularly on Amazon. Sometimes on an hourly timescale. There's no Sennheiser conspiracy here. biggrin.gif
Edited by swmtnbiker - 12/16/12 at 8:56am
post #9508 of 19516
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpippel View Post


Correct. The prices on thousands of different products, not just headphones, fluctuate regularly on Amazon. Sometimes on an hourly timescale. There's no Sennheiser conspiracy here. biggrin.gif

 

 

This is true. Boy I wish I could pull the trigger on the 650 right now, it's back down to 399.99 and the 50 dollar gift card for free!

post #9509 of 19516
Sennheiser like many companies has a "MAP" policy. MAP = minimum advertised price. Authorized retailers have to live with this rule or risk losing their rights to sell the product.

The fluctuation is do to retailers trying to bend the rules. They are short lived because manufacturers monitor these things. Best bet is to speak to a retailer and ask for a discount. They can sell for less, just can't advertise for less.
post #9510 of 19516
Sennheiser like many companies has a "MAP" policy. MAP = minimum advertised price. Authorized retailers have to live with this rule or risk losing their rights to sell the product.

The fluctuation is do to retailers trying to bend the rules. They are short lived because manufacturers monitor these things. Best bet is to speak to a retailer and ask for a discount. They can sell for less, just can't advertise for less.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread