- 4,928 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
I've never put in-ears with different drivers in my ears before so I had no idea of what to expect when it came to the T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM. So thanks to CTC Audio who put the...
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 629
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I though tit was in the exact opposite order
I upgraded my dac once and it actually made me go from despising a HP/amp combo to kinda liking it (amp still wasn't my taste but it was a lot better still). Then again, it was from a FiiO E7 (~$100) to a PS Audio DLIII (then retail $800, $500 used). I think if you want higher quality sound (not a SS change) and your headphones aren't obviously the limiting factor an amp or DAC upgrade may be good to try first. Especially with the 650s ;)
It is important to note that following the HP>AMP>DAC order of importance, the pairing between different devices is still important. You could swap out your DAC and get a major improvement if it was a bad pairing to begin with. The headphone, like speakers, is the most important. Simply because if they suck, that will be the limiting factor for the entire system. Next up would be power. Without enough power, and quality power at that, you cannot drive your headphones adequately. Lastly, the DAC is "least important", simply because it makes the smallest margin of difference. Even a basic DAC is miles above the generic units in most of our sources. I liken a DAC to an air intake on a car. It makes an improvement for a high performance engine, but if everything sucks down the line you won't even notice it. I think this is what MattTCG was getting at. Correct me if I'm wrong, though!
I like her "Make Someone Happy" and "Take Love Easy" albums. The new one "In the Moonlight" is decent and available @ HD tracks in 24/96 I think.
Don't look forward either or you'll need to have something more expensive and sooner than you planned.
I have already received my congratulations but...I have decided that I like the overall sound of my Magnum V5s better. HD-650 is second best headphone I've heard so far though! Next I'm going to give the HE-400 a shot!
IMO opinion always upgrade in this order: hp>amp>dac. So I wouldn't worry too much about the dac unless you are having jitter or playback issues. I have owned several of the LD amps and the lyr is much better to my ears. I have not owned any of the others that you mention although I hear that the Woo stuff is very nice. The lyr has curbed my appetite to get newer amps. It's just a beast of a pairing.
I have a different experienced. Just like the Lyr, which I also have, the LD MKIV SE needs a better tube. What tubes did you try on the LD's?
Last Thanksgiving, I have 2 people tried the LYR and the LD OTL using the same DAC(Bifrost) driving HD650/Q701. The OTL wins 2-0 with jazz, classical, and pop. For rock, techno, and trance the Lyr had the edge according to the listeners especially using the Q701(it transformed the HP IMO). To me, it does not matter, as I enjoy them both, equally.
Speaking of the Lyr, IMO, it's a good amp for the HD650. Having said that, I do not shoot for the "do it all" approach in my HP applications. I have my High Efficiency/horns/DHT SET system that I do not think a headphone system can ever match. Certain amps works for certain HP's on many variables that changes from system to system. The OTL , which you do not like compared to your Lyr has a different sound than hybrid(Mosfet currentdriver/tube voltage driver) circuit. But, I can assure you that the hybrid Lyr will never achieve the tone of the LD OTL and of course, same is true for the latter to the former in brute force.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 22 seconds ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 23 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 26 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 38 seconds ago
- › 필리핀원정도박ぽ˚wbc333.com˚ぽ필리핀원정도박필리핀원정도박 44 seconds ago
- › 생중계정선카지노주소ぅ↙wbc333.com↙ぅ생중계정선카지노주소생중계정선카지노주소 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › 카지노주소도박ォ⊃wbc333.com⊃ォ카지노주소도박카지노주소도박 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2