Asus xonar phoebus, I've Plugged my Graham Slee amp in also, Makes no difference really to the quality.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 628
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Want to send it to someone on here to help them get the HD650. Only requirement is you PM me the order confirm so I can see it went to good use. Same as before.
Never thought I'd see the day that it would be this hard to give something away
I want to convey my opinion on my HD650 I got just a week back. I have read all the reviews criticism and everything and tested my cans
through all kind of music. I do not have a expensive setup but I have customised it to deliver the best.
My setup on my mac-> FLAC/mp3(320kbps) -> Audinirvana -> Audio Hijack Pro (Add a Lowshelf Filter to amplify the lower frequencies which will improve the bass)
-> Fiio E7(will replace by E10) -> E9 (high gain mode) -> HD650
And i would say I am more than satisfied by the sound production of HD650. Clarity and authenticity of sound signature of different instruments are wonderful.
If I am not satisfied with the bass of some tracks I will notch up the Lowshelf Filter a lil to improve. Other than that I have no complains whatsoever. With future
upgrades I am excited that sound will improve further.
Amp question for the HD650.
How does the Little Dot MkIII compare to other tube amps like the Schiit Lyr, ALO Pan Am, Woo Audio WA3, etc?
I am using the Little Dot MkIII at the moment, however, a lot of ppl seem to give high praises to the Lyr/HD650 pairing. For those who have tried different amps, is the Little Dot MkIII comparable to the Schiit Lyr, or are they totally in different leagues?
I have $500 to spend on my headphone setup, so just wondering if I should upgrade my amp or DAC (HRT MSII). For the DAC, I'll probably make a decision after I spend sometime comparing between the HRT MSII, DragonFly and Rega DAC I have at home to see if different DACs do make a difference for the HD650.
IMO opinion always upgrade in this order: hp>amp>dac. So I wouldn't worry too much about the dac unless you are having jitter or playback issues. I have owned several of the LD amps and the lyr is much better to my ears. I have not owned any of the others that you mention although I hear that the Woo stuff is very nice. The lyr has curbed my appetite to get newer amps. It's just a beast of a pairing.
Thanks MattTCG. Might have to get myself to a Schiit dealer here in Oz to listen to the Lyr.
At the moment, I'm comparing the 3 DACs I have, DragonFly, HRT MSII, and Rega DAC. And on the Rega DAC, my headphone setup has not sounded better. The HD650 do indeed scale up depending on the source. Unfortunately, the Rega DAC can't stay with the headphone setup as it is needed in the main system.
It is a sweet gesture for sure, but not everybody has $500 to spend on a whim like that. Especially this close to the holidays.
Edited by dxanex - 12/13/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for smallest, least protruding IEM 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 4 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound DAC-2 [UK, EU] [Price Drop] 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 [UK, EU] [Price drop] 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)