Asus xonar phoebus, I've Plugged my Graham Slee amp in also, Makes no difference really to the quality.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 628
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Want to send it to someone on here to help them get the HD650. Only requirement is you PM me the order confirm so I can see it went to good use. Same as before.
Never thought I'd see the day that it would be this hard to give something away
I want to convey my opinion on my HD650 I got just a week back. I have read all the reviews criticism and everything and tested my cans
through all kind of music. I do not have a expensive setup but I have customised it to deliver the best.
My setup on my mac-> FLAC/mp3(320kbps) -> Audinirvana -> Audio Hijack Pro (Add a Lowshelf Filter to amplify the lower frequencies which will improve the bass)
-> Fiio E7(will replace by E10) -> E9 (high gain mode) -> HD650
And i would say I am more than satisfied by the sound production of HD650. Clarity and authenticity of sound signature of different instruments are wonderful.
If I am not satisfied with the bass of some tracks I will notch up the Lowshelf Filter a lil to improve. Other than that I have no complains whatsoever. With future
upgrades I am excited that sound will improve further.
Amp question for the HD650.
How does the Little Dot MkIII compare to other tube amps like the Schiit Lyr, ALO Pan Am, Woo Audio WA3, etc?
I am using the Little Dot MkIII at the moment, however, a lot of ppl seem to give high praises to the Lyr/HD650 pairing. For those who have tried different amps, is the Little Dot MkIII comparable to the Schiit Lyr, or are they totally in different leagues?
I have $500 to spend on my headphone setup, so just wondering if I should upgrade my amp or DAC (HRT MSII). For the DAC, I'll probably make a decision after I spend sometime comparing between the HRT MSII, DragonFly and Rega DAC I have at home to see if different DACs do make a difference for the HD650.
IMO opinion always upgrade in this order: hp>amp>dac. So I wouldn't worry too much about the dac unless you are having jitter or playback issues. I have owned several of the LD amps and the lyr is much better to my ears. I have not owned any of the others that you mention although I hear that the Woo stuff is very nice. The lyr has curbed my appetite to get newer amps. It's just a beast of a pairing.
Thanks MattTCG. Might have to get myself to a Schiit dealer here in Oz to listen to the Lyr.
At the moment, I'm comparing the 3 DACs I have, DragonFly, HRT MSII, and Rega DAC. And on the Rega DAC, my headphone setup has not sounded better. The HD650 do indeed scale up depending on the source. Unfortunately, the Rega DAC can't stay with the headphone setup as it is needed in the main system.
It is a sweet gesture for sure, but not everybody has $500 to spend on a whim like that. Especially this close to the holidays.
Edited by dxanex - 12/13/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 39 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Head-Fi member discounts 41 seconds ago
- › AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS - HiFiMan HE-400 modded w/open grill and Focus pads 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)