Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on 7/30/14 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Take two. If jessica Fill in blank were asking about a portable over ear, would you call the momentum the "little brother" of the hd650?
Honestly its the first i have seen it referred to like that. Just curious if anyone with the 650 have tried it.
Are you still running the e17 as a DAC for your main setup? I'm currently on the e17/e09k setup. It's solid (no pun intended), but I'm considering the upgrade to the Lyr, but hoping that i might not have to drop the large dough for the bifrost. I figure changing the e09k to the Lyr would be more cost effective than changing from e17 to the Bifrost?
You can do what I do is get a fiio L7 (its pretty cheap) which will give you a line-out (lo-bypass switch on the side needs to be set) and use it as a DAC with the lyr until you can afford a bifrost.
I would have offer another opinion here. I owned the he500 and now own the hd650. They have a different presentation so it depends on what you are after. The he500 have some of the best mids in it's price range, but actually I prefer the mids of the 650. The he500 is technically better but I found myself reaching for the 650 time and time again until I sold the he500.
Please understand that the he500 is a great hp. I really do love the planar sound. But if I were going for an open planar, I'd pick the he400 as it adds better bass response and is very close to the he500. The other issue with the he500 is the weight. It's heavy...at least for me. The 650 is about a third of the weight and infinitely more comfortable.
Couldn't agree more!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 35 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 57 seconds ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for good equalizer app 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › fiio x5 e12 combo 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)