Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Take two. If jessica Fill in blank were asking about a portable over ear, would you call the momentum the "little brother" of the hd650?
Honestly its the first i have seen it referred to like that. Just curious if anyone with the 650 have tried it.
Are you still running the e17 as a DAC for your main setup? I'm currently on the e17/e09k setup. It's solid (no pun intended), but I'm considering the upgrade to the Lyr, but hoping that i might not have to drop the large dough for the bifrost. I figure changing the e09k to the Lyr would be more cost effective than changing from e17 to the Bifrost?
You can do what I do is get a fiio L7 (its pretty cheap) which will give you a line-out (lo-bypass switch on the side needs to be set) and use it as a DAC with the lyr until you can afford a bifrost.
I would have offer another opinion here. I owned the he500 and now own the hd650. They have a different presentation so it depends on what you are after. The he500 have some of the best mids in it's price range, but actually I prefer the mids of the 650. The he500 is technically better but I found myself reaching for the 650 time and time again until I sold the he500.
Please understand that the he500 is a great hp. I really do love the planar sound. But if I were going for an open planar, I'd pick the he400 as it adds better bass response and is very close to the he500. The other issue with the he500 is the weight. It's heavy...at least for me. The 650 is about a third of the weight and infinitely more comfortable.
Couldn't agree more!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 seconds ago
- › WIndows config for best audio quality 22 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › need a dac that works for a chromebook 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)