Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Take two. If jessica Fill in blank were asking about a portable over ear, would you call the momentum the "little brother" of the hd650?
Honestly its the first i have seen it referred to like that. Just curious if anyone with the 650 have tried it.
Are you still running the e17 as a DAC for your main setup? I'm currently on the e17/e09k setup. It's solid (no pun intended), but I'm considering the upgrade to the Lyr, but hoping that i might not have to drop the large dough for the bifrost. I figure changing the e09k to the Lyr would be more cost effective than changing from e17 to the Bifrost?
You can do what I do is get a fiio L7 (its pretty cheap) which will give you a line-out (lo-bypass switch on the side needs to be set) and use it as a DAC with the lyr until you can afford a bifrost.
I would have offer another opinion here. I owned the he500 and now own the hd650. They have a different presentation so it depends on what you are after. The he500 have some of the best mids in it's price range, but actually I prefer the mids of the 650. The he500 is technically better but I found myself reaching for the 650 time and time again until I sold the he500.
Please understand that the he500 is a great hp. I really do love the planar sound. But if I were going for an open planar, I'd pick the he400 as it adds better bass response and is very close to the he500. The other issue with the he500 is the weight. It's heavy...at least for me. The 650 is about a third of the weight and infinitely more comfortable.
Couldn't agree more!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 47 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cable Silver Widow for Audeze 1 minute ago
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO x3 + HD 650 ? Sound quality vs portability ? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)