- 7,807 Posts. Joined 4/2006
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 609
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+1, Onboard soundcard's are pretty awful, the noise your probably hearing is Electro Magnetic RF/noise which is something they suffer from (some are worse than others)
I love the layout of the mobile app though...very nice!!
@tdock...we are in agreement on the 650. There is certainly no veil for me or mid bass hump. The bass is deep and textured and I go as far as to call the treble "energetic." But the mids are the real star of the show. Completely addictive.
I just can't stop listening to the mids on these. Honestly, I just can't see myself changing anything in my current setup except maybe some tubes on the lyr. It just sounds that good to me.
Alright... thanks for letting me know, guys. I planned on getting a separate DAC anyway, so... I guess it isn't much of a problem. I'll report on the results when I get one next month.
So... just to clarify once more... it's unlikely I damaged my headphones while I played around with it at the highest gain setting of 20 db (and, yes, the gain settings happen to be correct; I just misread the label for the dip switches on my amp - so, indeed, my loudest gain setting is 20 db), right?
Nah, VERY unlikely that you damaged those hp's. The 650 sure can take a lot and unless you were near max on the volume pot for an extended period on high gain then you're fine. You'd hear signs of damage anyway.
Matt: Alright... thanks for letting me know.
fuzzy1969: Yea... I tried it with my phone, but I'm still hearing not the clearest treble... but I'm guessing phones don't have the greatest DACs, either?
Edited by fuzzybaffy - 12/2/12 at 5:44am
Oh my... I just tried the HD-650 without the amp, and straight onto the onboard audio, and it sounded worse. LOL. Yea... I'll just assume it's the terrible onboard audio for now.
Edited by fuzzybaffy - 12/2/12 at 6:04am
Yes, please do get a new DAC and report back to us. Just for the sake of testing, I just tried listening to a few songs via my Onboard Audio and my Titanium HD (w/ Burr-Brown PCM1794 DAC). Even without the amp, I could hear a huge difference.
Nah sorry (to a poster named nicholas something or other that I thought was above me but apparently isn't.) The HD650 are excellent phones for the price and I like my pair but they are not even in the same technical league as the HD800 and LCD3. Sound signature has nothing to do with it. Detail retrieval and transient response on the 650 don't even come close to the 800 or LCD3. The technology behind the ring radiator driver in the 800 is miles ahead of what's in the 650, and likewise for the planar magnetic driver in the LCD3.
As much as I live the 650's I would hope they are not the equals of can casting 3X to 4X.....I would love to hear a pair of LCD-2 or 3's someday.
I auditioned the lcd2 for a week just a few months ago. Honestly, the sound was wonderful. I love a dark signature with good textured bass and the lcd2 gives you those in spaides.
But as good as it was it has two things going against it IMO. The price for one. And secondly for me, the comfort is what I'd call bearable at best. Comfort of course will be different for different people. But if I'm dropping $1k on a hp it better be damned comfortable. Too heavy and too much clamp for me to enjoy listening with it for more than about 30-40 minutes. I'd live with the cost if Audeze could find a way to shave about a third of the weight off.
yeh based on comments ive read the past few days, in this thread and various others, theres no way i'd go for any of the planar magnetic headphones. they weigh close to double any of the sennys and are uncomfortable? why would anyone want em? i wish i could say that i could tolerate the discomfort for the sake of sound, but nope.
i was set on the LCD2s being my next purchase after the 650s, but now i'm in the HD800 camp all the way. hated them at first due to their look, but i'd rather have something ugly yet comfortable and good sounding than something that sounds great yet has no comfort and looks doofy on your head.
gonna wait til CES to see if anything new is released, and if not, i'm purchasing the HD800s.
depends which phone you've got?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › DAC for Yamaha EPH-100 14 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)