Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 605

post #9061 of 18966
I think Matt thought you were asking about the HD650 and not the Lyr. Doc got his Lyr from Audio Advisor and I think it was B-stock. You can also email or call Schiit--they usually have B-stock available at a discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlb50 View Post

The site doesn't list Schiit amplifiers to begin with.
post #9062 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

I think Matt thought you were asking about the HD650 and not the Lyr. Doc got his Lyr from Audio Advisor and I think it was B-stock. You can also email or call Schiit--they usually have B-stock available at a discount.

Yeah I already have the HD650. Got it from the Sennheiser themselves on Black Friday. atsmile.gif Thanks for the tips!


Edited by mknlb50 - 12/1/12 at 7:11am
post #9063 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

I think Matt thought you were asking about the HD650 and not the Lyr. Doc got his Lyr from Audio Advisor and I think it was B-stock. You can also email or call Schiit--they usually have B-stock available at a discount.
Hey guys. Yes I got it from audio advisor. It is not "B" stock per say. They have a really good return policy similar to Schiit themselves where you can return anything for any reason if you don't like it. They will not charge any restocking fee (unlike Schiit). When they do that they can't sell the units as new so they mark them down 10 percent. They do require it is in the condition you received it in for returns so I think a better name for it is "open box".

They, for some reason, call it "Demo" which to me is just another way of saying "stay away" as you think of a demo floor model. It is not. If it makes you feel better your can order by phone and verify what I am saying yourself. Talk to Joe if possible he's a nice guy.

The best part is that they will let you evaluate even the marked down products and the same return policy applies.

Hope that helps. I don't mind sending some business their way they treated me well on my purchase.
post #9064 of 18966

^^ my fault. I misread your post. Yeah, I was talking about the 650. 

post #9065 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Hey guys. Yes I got it from audio advisor. It is not "B" stock per say. They have a really good return policy similar to Schiit themselves where you can return anything for any reason if you don't like it. They will not charge any restocking fee (unlike Schiit). When they do that they can't sell the units as new so they mark them down 10 percent. They do require it is in the condition you received it in for returns so I think a better name for it is "open box".
They, for some reason, call it "Demo" which to me is just another way of saying "stay away" as you think of a demo floor model. It is not. If it makes you feel better your can order by phone and verify what I am saying yourself. Talk to Joe if possible he's a nice guy.
The best part is that they will let you evaluate even the marked down products and the same return policy applies.
Hope that helps. I don't mind sending some business their way they treated me well on my purchase.

 

No stocking fee you say? Yeah I'm gonna go put my order in there right now. One last question, I know you guys see this all the time, but is Lyr worth the +$200 price difference compare to Asgard? Asgard seems to be getting rave reviews from HD650 owners.  If there's no clear way to describe it then I'm just gonna order 2 and return one of them. Thanks again!

post #9066 of 18966

If it were me, I'd buy a used lyr here. As long as they are taken care of, you won't see much if any wear and they come with a 5 year warranty. 

 

I think there is one for sale now.

post #9067 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

If it were me, I'd buy a used lyr here. As long as they are taken care of, you won't see much if any wear and they come with a 5 year warranty. 

 

I think there is one for sale now.

I thought Schiit warranty wasn't transferable?

post #9068 of 18966

For other's out there, using coupon code: RAZORDOG140 will save you $115.


Edited by paradoxper - 12/1/12 at 8:05am
post #9069 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

For other's out there, using coupon code: RAZORDOG140 will save you $115.

 

Nice code!!

post #9070 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlb50 View Post

I thought Schiit warranty wasn't transferable?

 

There is no information about transfer of warranty on the schitt site but it looks like the general consensus is that no, it's not transferable. 

post #9071 of 18966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

There is no information about transfer of warranty on the schitt site but it looks like the general consensus is that no, it's not transferable. 

Warranties aren't transferable. And there is a reason for that. Can you guess it? 

However Jason just recently fixed some broken Schiit all on his dime from a second-hand owner. So Jason's a nice guy. FWIW.

post #9072 of 18966

Congrats and welcome to all the new HD650 owners!!!!!

post #9073 of 18966

 

I got my 650's, thought I'd need a portable amp to drive it, but I have a HiSound Studio V Anniversary, which seems to drive it just fine. This leads me to the next possible purchase thought: a desktop amp (more money down the tube...doing my part for the economy, though these days, seems more for China's economy, but never mind). I'd be curious if anyone has listened to a number of these with the 650s, and could give their impressions/ratings (in price ranges would be great-$100 to $200, $200 to $300, etc, but that's asking a lot). Any thoughts out there?

Thanks.

 
post #9074 of 18966

The Schiit amps always get good reviews with the HD650's. They start at $249.....

post #9075 of 18966

^^

 

Yeah, the Schitt amps seem to pair very well. If you are DIY'er, the bottlehead crack also gets great reviews with the 650. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread