Ohhh... I see. I thought it was some thing where you actually literally roll tubes to make them work or something. LOL!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Local stores in New york and UK? Also a poll Last post on 1/21/15 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's a sensible upgrade from my HD650's ? Last post on 1/23/15 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best-value combination for PC gaming? Last post on 1/10/15 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Greetings everyone. I'm perhaps the newest member of the Vali admiration society. I ordered mine directly from Schiit on a Friday and received it on Saturday ( How is that for service?) I'm...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 604
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
The guy who's doing the "project" in the thread posted earlier seemed to have good results, the volume knob is just at like 9oclock, I doubt it'd be an issue. What would be the problem?
(didn't multi quote because they were like pages apart)
Oh God. The Sennheiser HD-650's sound amazing. I'm pairing them with the Matrix M-Stage, and at first, I thought I heard the infamous "Sennheiser Veil", but adjusting the gains quickly made it disappear.
They are indeed a bit warm, but its "darkness" kind of makes it an appealing warmth, not an obnoxious or stuffy warmth (like the Grado RS-1's, which sound good at first, but can get tiring after a while). It's just exactly how I'd imagined it from reading everyone's impressions/reviews on the HD-650.
Sorry don't know enough about that line of amp/PSU to comment on it. In fact, I've never tried the PSU change before but i suppose cleaner power should affect sound...? In the end though if you want the best bang for buck, you should probably just save for a better source or higher end amp. =P save your wallet more pain in the long run.
I don't know what family of tubes the Lyr uses, but I use GE 5 Star EF95 tubes in the Darkvoice and of all the EF95 tubes I've tried the GE's are really quite special. Very nice soundstage and warm, smooth mids.
Got my HD650's today! You head-fi'ers had me scared that it would sound horrible, but these produce better sound than anything I have (with no burn in and no amp; just running out of a Zune HD). I'm already hearing details I've never heard before, and I love how the treble has such great resolution without sibilance. I could do with some more sub-bass, but I suspect that these are fully capable of that in a better setup. I was expecting something far too boring and lacking in detail and accuracy based on the HE-400 vs. HD650 comparisons, but I feel no need to try out the Hifimans after hearing these. For now, at least. I can't wait to get them burned in and properly amped up; it sounds like that itself will be a whole new sonic transformation.
Planar headphones like the he-500 and he-600 can be run off the speaker terminals because their power hungry monsters and like a lot of current, dynamic drivers like the hd650's have a max power rating of 500mw any more and you will blow the drivers, its not something i'd like to try with my hd650's, there's also a impedance matching thing going on as speaker amps are matched for 4ohm and 8ohm speakers (mainly).
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 12/1/12 at 2:10am
The hd650 remains my go to headphone for the past several months. The sound signature, incredible comfort and magical pairing with the lyr make it irresistible to me when I get ready to listen to just about any genre of music.
Right now I'm listening to Essential Yo Yo Ma. Makes feel like I'm there.
Where did you find one for that price + free shipping?
Best way is to email brian and ask for a quote. There is a coupon listed on the site that brings it down to $399. But you'll get the best price from an email to him. code=razordog100
The site doesn't list Schiit amplifiers to begin with.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › sansa clip sport better than iphone5s , what is better than sansa... 21 seconds ago
- › Need Advice on Home Hi-Fi Sources 23 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › how to open AKG K-420 for Ear Pad replacement ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)