Ohhh... I see. I thought it was some thing where you actually literally roll tubes to make them work or something. LOL!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 604
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
The guy who's doing the "project" in the thread posted earlier seemed to have good results, the volume knob is just at like 9oclock, I doubt it'd be an issue. What would be the problem?
(didn't multi quote because they were like pages apart)
Oh God. The Sennheiser HD-650's sound amazing. I'm pairing them with the Matrix M-Stage, and at first, I thought I heard the infamous "Sennheiser Veil", but adjusting the gains quickly made it disappear.
They are indeed a bit warm, but its "darkness" kind of makes it an appealing warmth, not an obnoxious or stuffy warmth (like the Grado RS-1's, which sound good at first, but can get tiring after a while). It's just exactly how I'd imagined it from reading everyone's impressions/reviews on the HD-650.
Sorry don't know enough about that line of amp/PSU to comment on it. In fact, I've never tried the PSU change before but i suppose cleaner power should affect sound...? In the end though if you want the best bang for buck, you should probably just save for a better source or higher end amp. =P save your wallet more pain in the long run.
I don't know what family of tubes the Lyr uses, but I use GE 5 Star EF95 tubes in the Darkvoice and of all the EF95 tubes I've tried the GE's are really quite special. Very nice soundstage and warm, smooth mids.
Got my HD650's today! You head-fi'ers had me scared that it would sound horrible, but these produce better sound than anything I have (with no burn in and no amp; just running out of a Zune HD). I'm already hearing details I've never heard before, and I love how the treble has such great resolution without sibilance. I could do with some more sub-bass, but I suspect that these are fully capable of that in a better setup. I was expecting something far too boring and lacking in detail and accuracy based on the HE-400 vs. HD650 comparisons, but I feel no need to try out the Hifimans after hearing these. For now, at least. I can't wait to get them burned in and properly amped up; it sounds like that itself will be a whole new sonic transformation.
Planar headphones like the he-500 and he-600 can be run off the speaker terminals because their power hungry monsters and like a lot of current, dynamic drivers like the hd650's have a max power rating of 500mw any more and you will blow the drivers, its not something i'd like to try with my hd650's, there's also a impedance matching thing going on as speaker amps are matched for 4ohm and 8ohm speakers (mainly).
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 12/1/12 at 2:10am
The hd650 remains my go to headphone for the past several months. The sound signature, incredible comfort and magical pairing with the lyr make it irresistible to me when I get ready to listen to just about any genre of music.
Right now I'm listening to Essential Yo Yo Ma. Makes feel like I'm there.
Where did you find one for that price + free shipping?
Best way is to email brian and ask for a quote. There is a coupon listed on the site that brings it down to $399. But you'll get the best price from an email to him. code=razordog100
The site doesn't list Schiit amplifiers to begin with.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 7 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 8 minutes ago
- › New Esoteric players (K-01, K-03): anyone has seen or heard? 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)