Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 11/30/16 at 11:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have them out and I have been using them for about 25 minutes so far.
I am listening from an Onkyo nr-tx509 receiver from the HP out on the front. My lyr doesn't come in until tuesday.
All I want to say right now is if you told me that this was it. That there was no improvement to be had of any kind from here. I would still feel these were worth ever penny I spent on them and then some. Am eager to pair these with the lyr in a few days.
The lyr will take these to a special place. Did you get the GE tubes? There are tubes that will bring out even more from the 650's...kinda depends on what you're after.
The earlier versions were "reported" as being veiled. The silver screens "reportedly" fix this.
Doc, I hope for your sake the Lyr doesn't ship with the old stock JJ tubes. They are a terrible match for the HD650 (or any headphone for that matter). Unless you like fat, bloated bass smearing the entire spectrum. Good thing the GE tubes are readily available and for little cost. If you venture into tube rolling madness, I implore you to seek out Amperex A-Frame Orange Globes. These aren't as premium as other tubes and therefore don't demand absurd prices, but there's a special synergy to be found there with the HD650.
Its basically experimenting with making your own preferred sound by trying different tubes with a tube amp. I believe (but am unsure) it derives from the concept of rolling your own cigarrette.
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 12 seconds ago
- › FS: Metrum Pavane NOS R2R DAC 13 seconds ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › I need a headphone suggestion 8 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear