Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/9/15 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have them out and I have been using them for about 25 minutes so far.
I am listening from an Onkyo nr-tx509 receiver from the HP out on the front. My lyr doesn't come in until tuesday.
All I want to say right now is if you told me that this was it. That there was no improvement to be had of any kind from here. I would still feel these were worth ever penny I spent on them and then some. Am eager to pair these with the lyr in a few days.
The lyr will take these to a special place. Did you get the GE tubes? There are tubes that will bring out even more from the 650's...kinda depends on what you're after.
The earlier versions were "reported" as being veiled. The silver screens "reportedly" fix this.
Doc, I hope for your sake the Lyr doesn't ship with the old stock JJ tubes. They are a terrible match for the HD650 (or any headphone for that matter). Unless you like fat, bloated bass smearing the entire spectrum. Good thing the GE tubes are readily available and for little cost. If you venture into tube rolling madness, I implore you to seek out Amperex A-Frame Orange Globes. These aren't as premium as other tubes and therefore don't demand absurd prices, but there's a special synergy to be found there with the HD650.
Its basically experimenting with making your own preferred sound by trying different tubes with a tube amp. I believe (but am unsure) it derives from the concept of rolling your own cigarrette.
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › annoying newbie questions 22 seconds ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 23 seconds ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 47 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2