Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/26/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have them out and I have been using them for about 25 minutes so far.
I am listening from an Onkyo nr-tx509 receiver from the HP out on the front. My lyr doesn't come in until tuesday.
All I want to say right now is if you told me that this was it. That there was no improvement to be had of any kind from here. I would still feel these were worth ever penny I spent on them and then some. Am eager to pair these with the lyr in a few days.
The lyr will take these to a special place. Did you get the GE tubes? There are tubes that will bring out even more from the 650's...kinda depends on what you're after.
The earlier versions were "reported" as being veiled. The silver screens "reportedly" fix this.
Doc, I hope for your sake the Lyr doesn't ship with the old stock JJ tubes. They are a terrible match for the HD650 (or any headphone for that matter). Unless you like fat, bloated bass smearing the entire spectrum. Good thing the GE tubes are readily available and for little cost. If you venture into tube rolling madness, I implore you to seek out Amperex A-Frame Orange Globes. These aren't as premium as other tubes and therefore don't demand absurd prices, but there's a special synergy to be found there with the HD650.
Its basically experimenting with making your own preferred sound by trying different tubes with a tube amp. I believe (but am unsure) it derives from the concept of rolling your own cigarrette.
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › "The Lab" 5 seconds ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 33 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 34 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 1 minute ago
- › Meier Corda Opera Analog 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2