Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/19/17 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have them out and I have been using them for about 25 minutes so far.
I am listening from an Onkyo nr-tx509 receiver from the HP out on the front. My lyr doesn't come in until tuesday.
All I want to say right now is if you told me that this was it. That there was no improvement to be had of any kind from here. I would still feel these were worth ever penny I spent on them and then some. Am eager to pair these with the lyr in a few days.
The lyr will take these to a special place. Did you get the GE tubes? There are tubes that will bring out even more from the 650's...kinda depends on what you're after.
The earlier versions were "reported" as being veiled. The silver screens "reportedly" fix this.
Doc, I hope for your sake the Lyr doesn't ship with the old stock JJ tubes. They are a terrible match for the HD650 (or any headphone for that matter). Unless you like fat, bloated bass smearing the entire spectrum. Good thing the GE tubes are readily available and for little cost. If you venture into tube rolling madness, I implore you to seek out Amperex A-Frame Orange Globes. These aren't as premium as other tubes and therefore don't demand absurd prices, but there's a special synergy to be found there with the HD650.
Its basically experimenting with making your own preferred sound by trying different tubes with a tube amp. I believe (but am unsure) it derives from the concept of rolling your own cigarrette.
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one! 12 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread 8 minutes ago
- › Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil? 11 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 12 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 12 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear