The Crack seems to be very well received with the hd650 can't go wrong there.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OMG - the Beta 22 is the bomb with the HD650s - that's the amp I always use with them.
Grab one now - only $179.. Can't beat it.
The Bellari is great. I really had no idea what to expect but I'm glad I went for it. The only thing I don't like is that blinding blue light when it's turned on! There's virtually no noise though and I rarely turn the volume up more than 1/4 of the way.
How much did your build run? This amp seems like it would just about drive anything which is what I'm shooting for.
Reading through this thread, it seems very popular. But as I mentioned above, I am looking for an all purpose amp. From what I've read, it seems to work best with high impedance HP's?
What's your budget?
$500 is a hard spot to work with. for a few hundred more the mojo I hear is a good one. Or might want to look into this: Emotiva mini-X a-100
Edited by preproman - 11/29/12 at 5:19pm
Anyone have a perfect portable setup for these? I mean to use around the house that's cheap.
Today was a major fail for me in trying to do this.
Whenever I tried it seemed that someone had taken my nice soundstage and smashed it all together into a big congested mess. Strangely enough the treble seemed to be lacking more than normal (portable method).
Severe loss of detail, kind of muffled and almost boring. Basically it felt that my HD-650 would have lost out to my poor DJ100 (not a fair match) in every area.
I tried all of these without much luck:
Sansa Clip+ to Total Airhead. Ok.
Clip+ to E11...awful
Ipod Touch by LOD to E11/Airhead. Even better.
Despite sounding fairly good, it sounds clearer straight from the Clip+. I get lots of crackling though sometimes.
I think this is the rare example where using the headphone out on the Clip+ to amp actually craps up the sound a bit. This occurs for me on like zero other headphones.
I spent about an hour trying to find my old Sansa Fuze so I can try it's Line Out. The idea of buying a Fuze+ makes me sick.
Best result I got was Ipod Classic 2G (B&W) to Airhead.
Switching from Airhead to the E9 or Headroom Micro is such a huge difference. It's clear that I'm getting enough volume, but the HD-650 is still complaining about something.
I guess expecting the sound of the ODAC+Micro Amp in a portable setup is asking too much. This is actually one of the best sounding headphones i've ever heard with that setup.
Crystal clear sounding, not too forgiving(!), quite detailed and still fatigue free mostly. Soundstage impresses me the most, but with a portable setup..not a chance.
Maybe I need a portable player that's even more powerful along with maybe a CMOY or something. You'd think the Airhead would be more than enough.
With the same setup my Q701 sounds better. On the main setup, they're pretty even so far. Just different signatures.
Man and I thought my DJ100 was picky about amps and DACs. It seems the HD-650 and Q701 are two headphones that really prefer a nice computer DAC and desktop amp.
The HD-650 might have the edge. I can't understand why the 580 sounds so amazing with the Airhead and the same players, but the 650 is so much worse. Very strange.
Note: still sounds good, but just not the same.
Oh yeah, I have a Cown Iaudio 7. Maybe i'll try that.
After using the ODAC, it's really hard to want to go back to ever using portable players. No I don't use my HD-650 in public, but it's kind of nice to use while wandering around the house.
I also just found a portable CD player with a line out. Should be interesting to try..
You'll most likely want a portable amp that has some real power to it. Fiio's upcoming E12 or iBasso's D6 are a few examples of portables that have the extra gusto to power the HD650.
Thanks! But those amps don't look like DIY.
Haha, I do consider this equipment an investment.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/30/12 at 8:28am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 41 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 53 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › why does a cheap wired headset that costs 1/10th the price of a... 2 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 7 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear