The Crack seems to be very well received with the hd650 can't go wrong there.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 6/23/15 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OMG - the Beta 22 is the bomb with the HD650s - that's the amp I always use with them.
Grab one now - only $179.. Can't beat it.
The Bellari is great. I really had no idea what to expect but I'm glad I went for it. The only thing I don't like is that blinding blue light when it's turned on! There's virtually no noise though and I rarely turn the volume up more than 1/4 of the way.
How much did your build run? This amp seems like it would just about drive anything which is what I'm shooting for.
Reading through this thread, it seems very popular. But as I mentioned above, I am looking for an all purpose amp. From what I've read, it seems to work best with high impedance HP's?
What's your budget?
$500 is a hard spot to work with. for a few hundred more the mojo I hear is a good one. Or might want to look into this: Emotiva mini-X a-100
Edited by preproman - 11/29/12 at 5:19pm
Anyone have a perfect portable setup for these? I mean to use around the house that's cheap.
Today was a major fail for me in trying to do this.
Whenever I tried it seemed that someone had taken my nice soundstage and smashed it all together into a big congested mess. Strangely enough the treble seemed to be lacking more than normal (portable method).
Severe loss of detail, kind of muffled and almost boring. Basically it felt that my HD-650 would have lost out to my poor DJ100 (not a fair match) in every area.
I tried all of these without much luck:
Sansa Clip+ to Total Airhead. Ok.
Clip+ to E11...awful
Ipod Touch by LOD to E11/Airhead. Even better.
Despite sounding fairly good, it sounds clearer straight from the Clip+. I get lots of crackling though sometimes.
I think this is the rare example where using the headphone out on the Clip+ to amp actually craps up the sound a bit. This occurs for me on like zero other headphones.
I spent about an hour trying to find my old Sansa Fuze so I can try it's Line Out. The idea of buying a Fuze+ makes me sick.
Best result I got was Ipod Classic 2G (B&W) to Airhead.
Switching from Airhead to the E9 or Headroom Micro is such a huge difference. It's clear that I'm getting enough volume, but the HD-650 is still complaining about something.
I guess expecting the sound of the ODAC+Micro Amp in a portable setup is asking too much. This is actually one of the best sounding headphones i've ever heard with that setup.
Crystal clear sounding, not too forgiving(!), quite detailed and still fatigue free mostly. Soundstage impresses me the most, but with a portable setup..not a chance.
Maybe I need a portable player that's even more powerful along with maybe a CMOY or something. You'd think the Airhead would be more than enough.
With the same setup my Q701 sounds better. On the main setup, they're pretty even so far. Just different signatures.
Man and I thought my DJ100 was picky about amps and DACs. It seems the HD-650 and Q701 are two headphones that really prefer a nice computer DAC and desktop amp.
The HD-650 might have the edge. I can't understand why the 580 sounds so amazing with the Airhead and the same players, but the 650 is so much worse. Very strange.
Note: still sounds good, but just not the same.
Oh yeah, I have a Cown Iaudio 7. Maybe i'll try that.
After using the ODAC, it's really hard to want to go back to ever using portable players. No I don't use my HD-650 in public, but it's kind of nice to use while wandering around the house.
I also just found a portable CD player with a line out. Should be interesting to try..
You'll most likely want a portable amp that has some real power to it. Fiio's upcoming E12 or iBasso's D6 are a few examples of portables that have the extra gusto to power the HD650.
Thanks! But those amps don't look like DIY.
Haha, I do consider this equipment an investment.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/30/12 at 8:28am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 28 seconds ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 38 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 3 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 4 minutes ago
- › Sylvania 7236 pair - compatible with Woo WA22 and WA2 4 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp Recommendations - iPhone 6 and Ultimate Ears Pro 4 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)