Hey congrats!! Nothing like new hp's...especially one as good as the hd650. Be patient with them. They will burn in some in the next several days.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 12:17 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 597
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think I might just wait for the upcoming Fiio E12 to release and pair that to the HD650's until I'm ready to go the desktop tube route. This is going to be a long couple of months staring at the HD650's with no way to drive them...
What? Why? Just get an E9 or something to get you by. It's dirt cheap and drives the HD-650 just fine. I think it's down to $95 now.
You can resell it quite easily later.
Right now i'm using the ultimate poor man's setup since I was too lazy to drag all my stuff downstairs.
It's X-Fi Go Pro to Total Airhead. Sounds good, but mostly like a Sansa Clip+. The mids seem almost too forward for some reason though.
I guess I'll try to see how my onboard sound is with the HD-650! Probably awful, but this motherboard seems to have a good chipset.
BTW even a Total Airhead alone can drive the HD-650 well enough. I'd probably never buy an 650 with just a portable amp though.
Ok, I guess i'll now go see how well my Clip+ handles my HD-650. Maybe it'll actually sound good! Never tried that before..
Cool, I did not know you got them. I think our tastes may differ a bit with the tubes but those are ridiculous good with the 650.
I´ll go with the amperex PQ´s... they are amaziing, I have both and they do a very descent job, but i´ll stay with the Amperex PQ´s.
Amp first, always IMO. You could always look at a combo DAC/AMP like the Fiio E7/E9 ...I've used FiiO's products in the past, with good results.
Assuming this is to amp your HD650 I would get the Asgard for $225 HERE
Then get the Fiio E10 and use it as your dac for $50 bucks. later ugrade to an ODAC or a Bifrost.
That will be within your budget and you can have both now.
An amp is probably the way to start, unless the "DAC" has enough power for headphones.
For ~US$300, you can get the O2-ODAC combo. (The ODAC by itself won't power headphones, according to its designer.)
Well, I just got my HD650 in today and I can honestly say that with the Darkvoice 3322, I am very, very pleased. My initial impressions are that it sounds....rich and full bodied. Enveloping, even. And they only have less than an hour on them! I only hope the soundstage opens up ever slightly more. But I love it, these are keepers I can already tell in my brief time with them.
I will still have to wait till around January to try them our on a Lyr/Bifrost combo. Really interested to hear how they sound on it.
Congrats on the new headphones!!!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › IC: Verisonix I502C eloctrostatic hybrid 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 14 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 23 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Windows 10 -- USB Audio 2.0 class driver use with Chord Mojo 43 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › 128GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD XC Card (& adaptor) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears A6 (64 Audio A6) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear