Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 576

post #8626 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

So I'm starting to consider a portable amp to pair with my ipod that will drive the hd650 (as well as orthos ie he400). This will not be something that I will take out of the house, but just so that I can use my hard to drive hp's in the bedroom at night and other areas of the house. I just my e17 as is it really just didn't satisfy me with these hp's and the other I mentioned. Let's say I have a budget of around $300...what will pair well with an ipod and drive the hd650 to an enjoyable, not just loud, level. 

 

thanks...


Headstage Arrow (Headphonia.com) when they're available...I use it with great results when not using the balanced desktop gear.

post #8627 of 19535

I use one with good results as well. But considering that  MattTCG sounds like a basshead Id recommend a 3G over a 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellenback View Post


Headstage Arrow (Headphonia.com) when they're available...I use it with great results when not using the balanced desktop gear.

post #8628 of 19535
I received my HD650 today and I was surprised it has a plastic feel to it. Is it supposed to be like this?

I ask this because I didn't read any reviews or anything for the HD650 LOL. I just went out and bought it!
post #8629 of 19535
Maybe because it is made of Plastic?.....Metal head band......
post #8630 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Maybe because it is made of Plastic?.....Metal head band......

 

All right all right...while that was funny it was uncalled for. deadhorse.gif

post #8631 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciel View Post

yeah its definitely not from my headphone, tried it. its coming from my asus D2X soundcard. if i keep it plugged in to the sound card, will it break my headphone? thats my better DAC as from now before i move in to buy others

 

Sounds like a ground loop. Try plugging your computer into another socket.

post #8632 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Maybe because it is made of Plastic?.....Metal head band......

Like I said :P

I didn't read ANYTHING about it.. except for comments in this thread. I thought it would have been like the HD598s.
post #8633 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciel View Post

yeah its definitely not from my headphone, tried it. its coming from my asus D2X soundcard. if i keep it plugged in to the sound card, will it break my headphone? thats my better DAC as from now before i move in to buy others

Sounds like a ground loop. Try plugging your computer into another socket.

 

A ground loop is usually audible as "60-cycle hum", not hissing.

post #8634 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengernoonzz View Post

Like I said :P
I didn't read ANYTHING about it.. except for comments in this thread. I thought it would have been like the HD598s.

Which is also plastic. ..
post #8635 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMCrazy View Post

+2.  Even in the presence of HE-6 and HD800, HD650 simply can not be replaced, and has the benefit that no matter what upstream gear I upgrade to take advantage of HD800 and HE-6, HD650 benefits significantly from them too!  They won't be going anywhere...
+1 more. The 650s are such a good compliment. I reach for them a lot more than I expected to. Great tuning job by Senn.

 

Love the HD800 but I've missed the HD650. I bought my second pair a few days ago. Can't wait to have it back in the stable.

 

@ MLE - Excellent review. Kinda redundant posting it here though. You're just preaching to the choir. wink.gif


Edited by olor1n - 11/12/12 at 11:42pm
post #8636 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengernoonzz View Post


Like I said :P
I didn't read ANYTHING about it.. except for comments in this thread. I thought it would have been like the HD598s.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Which is also plastic. ..

 

What's wrong with plastic?  Some of my best friends are plastic ......

post #8637 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Which is also plastic. ..

..I'm talking about how it feels. IMO it feels much different to the 598s which is what I was trying to say not that it matters.

More dots . ...
post #8638 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengernoonzz View Post


..I'm talking about how it feels. IMO it feels much different to the 598s which is what I was trying to say not that it matters.
More dots . ...

I should'nt worry IEMcrazy posted on page 567 of the material under the paint.

post #8639 of 19535

Hey guys I decided to refurb my HD650 with new drivers, headband, and pads. I ordered yesterday  but Im having some difficultly finding some instructions on how to do the job. Anyone have any links that could help?

post #8640 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Hey guys I decided to refurb my HD650 with new drivers, headband, and pads. I ordered yesterday  but Im having some difficultly finding some instructions on how to do the job. Anyone have any links that could help?

Have a look at post 7 on this thread, bearing in mind there hd580's I think the hd650's are basically the same just made from a different material.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634060/damaged-hd600-driver-can-i-replace-with-hd650-ones#post_8824560

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread