Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great point. But in fact, you still need to pay more for the FLAC or it won't sound better. Period.
Crosspost from the HD600 thread:
This is still semi-HD600 related -- the HD650s have more bass, noticeably more so, but are easily more colored. I really like the signature so it's okay, but the HD600s definitely win for a more balanced, albeit less "fun" presentation. That's not to say they aren't fun, they just aren't awesome at a whole lot of things. They're great with strings, cellos, that sort of thing. The resonance just comes out so natural, in my opinion. The HD650s aren't quite as good, as they are a bit warmer sounding. Vocals are definitely better on the HD650 but the HD600 is close. The HD600s definitely sound airier and not overbearing in any department. That's where they're great, is just sounding good with everything, and awesome with some things. The HD650 is way better at rap, though. Bass is awesome on these bad boys, sending a nice thump right into my ears. Voices are close and intimate on some recordings especially. To demonstrate:
The vocals are just so clear. Another great one from that album is The Morning if you liked the one above. The first night I had the HD650s I listened to this album and I could've sworn they used the HD650 to master the album. It just sounds so great on them. They're not laggy at all on the Lyr. I heard them through my E17 when I was burning them in and the bass was a bit uncontrolled and slightly muddy. It's tight and punchy with the Lyr. Gotta love it!!!
All that said, the HD600 is still a great headphone, being much more balanced and still enjoyable with all genres. The HD650 has some magically intoxicating mids that make them better than the HD600 in my mind. It's kinda funny, the guy I got them from said he likes the HD650 more than the HD600 because he thought the HD600 had too much bass. Pffffft... the HD650 has so much mid bass, and it rocks! Violins/cellos on the HD600 are truly great though. Very enjoyable on the Lyr. It's a great amp, no lie...
When you get down to it, getting an HD600 new or like new for $300 is a decent deal compared to it being around $375-400 for a new/like new HD650. I don't think the HD600 is nearly as picky/hard to drive as the HD650 either, so you can consider it being $2-300 cheaper because you might not blow so much on an amp. If you like liquid smooth mids and really nice punchy bass, the HD650 is awesome. For a bit more open, less colored sound but still balanced and fun frequency response, the HD600 is great too.
These are now my favourite headphone. Grado rs1 is now second.
These are amazing........but only on the right gear. On my portable set up with ibasso d12 they are not that good. Give them a great amp and decent source and its audio bliss. They remind me so much of listening to a quality speaker.
I must stress though, they need POWER and lots of it.
Meier Corda classic runs them brilliantly, Matrix M-stage as an absolute minimum, and even then you are selling them short.
what are you guys running them off?
Edited by Flognuts - 10/30/12 at 4:42am
Decware CSP2+. I personally think they're wonderful with OTL. Definitely prefer them with the CSP2+ to the Taboo.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 14 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 56 seconds ago
- › For SALE Garage 1217 Project Ember 2.1 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 1 minute ago
- › Amp + DAC + Pre Combo 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear