Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great point. But in fact, you still need to pay more for the FLAC or it won't sound better. Period.
Crosspost from the HD600 thread:
This is still semi-HD600 related -- the HD650s have more bass, noticeably more so, but are easily more colored. I really like the signature so it's okay, but the HD600s definitely win for a more balanced, albeit less "fun" presentation. That's not to say they aren't fun, they just aren't awesome at a whole lot of things. They're great with strings, cellos, that sort of thing. The resonance just comes out so natural, in my opinion. The HD650s aren't quite as good, as they are a bit warmer sounding. Vocals are definitely better on the HD650 but the HD600 is close. The HD600s definitely sound airier and not overbearing in any department. That's where they're great, is just sounding good with everything, and awesome with some things. The HD650 is way better at rap, though. Bass is awesome on these bad boys, sending a nice thump right into my ears. Voices are close and intimate on some recordings especially. To demonstrate:
The vocals are just so clear. Another great one from that album is The Morning if you liked the one above. The first night I had the HD650s I listened to this album and I could've sworn they used the HD650 to master the album. It just sounds so great on them. They're not laggy at all on the Lyr. I heard them through my E17 when I was burning them in and the bass was a bit uncontrolled and slightly muddy. It's tight and punchy with the Lyr. Gotta love it!!!
All that said, the HD600 is still a great headphone, being much more balanced and still enjoyable with all genres. The HD650 has some magically intoxicating mids that make them better than the HD600 in my mind. It's kinda funny, the guy I got them from said he likes the HD650 more than the HD600 because he thought the HD600 had too much bass. Pffffft... the HD650 has so much mid bass, and it rocks! Violins/cellos on the HD600 are truly great though. Very enjoyable on the Lyr. It's a great amp, no lie...
When you get down to it, getting an HD600 new or like new for $300 is a decent deal compared to it being around $375-400 for a new/like new HD650. I don't think the HD600 is nearly as picky/hard to drive as the HD650 either, so you can consider it being $2-300 cheaper because you might not blow so much on an amp. If you like liquid smooth mids and really nice punchy bass, the HD650 is awesome. For a bit more open, less colored sound but still balanced and fun frequency response, the HD600 is great too.
These are now my favourite headphone. Grado rs1 is now second.
These are amazing........but only on the right gear. On my portable set up with ibasso d12 they are not that good. Give them a great amp and decent source and its audio bliss. They remind me so much of listening to a quality speaker.
I must stress though, they need POWER and lots of it.
Meier Corda classic runs them brilliantly, Matrix M-stage as an absolute minimum, and even then you are selling them short.
what are you guys running them off?
Edited by Flognuts - 10/30/12 at 4:42am
Decware CSP2+. I personally think they're wonderful with OTL. Definitely prefer them with the CSP2+ to the Taboo.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 5 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear