There are current production tubes for the Lyr and plenty of other amps that are excellent. I wouldn't let the whole vintage/NOS tube supply thing kill the idea of tubes for you. Here's just a sampling of current production tubes I find as good or better than many/most NOS options:
- Genelex Gold Lion (6922, KT-66/77/88)
- Shuguan Black Treasure (6CA7-Z, KT-88, CV181)
- EAT (ECC88, ECC803S, KT-88, 300B)
- Emission Labs (5U4G, 274B, 300B)
- Tung-Sol (KT-120) --> This is actually a new tube design; there never was a NOS tube option.
I am going to pretend I didnt see that. I been fighting the urge for the Lyr with someday tubes wont be available for it and I dont want to pay as much for tubes as I did for the amp...........lol