- 1,237 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 544
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The iPod is filled with lossless music exlusively, the Burson is fed by a V-DAC at 96/24 with lossless source music.
Sure, the Burson is more dynamic and has more "body", but the ipod music sounds passable. I must have low standards.
Right now I'm listening at another computer set-up with X-Fi Go! and a Logitech amplifier which a pretty darn mediocre set-up. It's more dynamic than the iPod, but it lacks warmth and sounds a bit tinny. Still, it sounds far from bad.
I have been wearing these 650's for 3 hours without end now. Lovely.
That sounds a lot better Dynamics, body, and midbass control are the first things to go when underamping HD650. Sure it sounds passable....but we don't buy former-flagships (or when I bought mine...flagships) for "passable" audio, right?
The Burson has awesome PRaT and is very musical, but I like how soothing and relaxing this former flagship is with lesser sources and amplification just as well.
I'm not saying it's what it should be used for, but it still sounds awesome.. enough.
True enough! But HD650 is of high enough purebreed pedigree to demand to be fed only organic premium foods
It'll sound good enough on modest equipment, but it's a phenominal headphone that'll keep rewarding the best of feeds!
Lol, i've got my lyr now and i've got 3 480s in my rig.. I'm just gonna leave my pc on all day and i won't even need the heat on. And plus one of my fans broke so it runs even hotter than before, i should probably get that fixed
Interesting. I tried the HD650 straight out of my iPhone 4 and if it had been a horse--I would have shot it. Out of the op-amp headphone feed in my Pioneer receiver, it really opened up, but the Lyr--well, the Lyr lights up the HD650 like the 4th of July. I started with some Amperex orange globe A-frames--and they have a nice warm tubey sound. I was so happy with that combination and was skeptical of tube rolling--so it took me a while to try anything else. I recently switched to the stock GE 6BZ7 tubes and was surprised at the brighter sound. The 6BZ7 tubes give the HD650 a little extra bite, although they don't sound quite as smooth as the Amperex tubes. You guys with Lyrs should mention the tubes you're using.
There's already a nice 275 page thread on that topic. Have fun.
Like a 4 Channel Fully Balanced βeta-22.
Don't worry, I haven't put them on the mono blocks - yet
Frank - your avatar scared the sh_t outta me..
Your face when the 4xx series was Dun Goof'd my nVidia before the 5xx and 6xx.
With that said my bfg gtx 280 puts my asgard to shame, you can literally fry an egg on the 280.
AArrr him, that's the preacher, who says his bit at Speakers Corner here in London. All to do with my other hobby which is photography. Have a web site if you wish to have a look.
Your avatar is very chilled out looking.
Congrats Frank!! You just bought a hp that you could settle in with for about, oh the next 10 years or so and get a whole lot of great head time with.
What are you using for amp/dac?
Well they will have to last me a little while as my next big purchase is a new camera.
As for my set up: At the moment my system is a pc running Jriver software, playing Flac, converted from CD or some 24 bit flac from B&W society of sound, sent to a Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192, then a White Bird Amplification- Virtus-01.
Not a common set up, but I wrote a little bit about it here, and how lucky I got.
I see you have a Lyr, was looking at buying one of these as I was very impressed with it, I demoed it with a Bi Frost DAC, and this was the set up I was going to go for, with the HD 650's.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Subway etiquette 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2