- 1,238 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/26/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 544
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The iPod is filled with lossless music exlusively, the Burson is fed by a V-DAC at 96/24 with lossless source music.
Sure, the Burson is more dynamic and has more "body", but the ipod music sounds passable. I must have low standards.
Right now I'm listening at another computer set-up with X-Fi Go! and a Logitech amplifier which a pretty darn mediocre set-up. It's more dynamic than the iPod, but it lacks warmth and sounds a bit tinny. Still, it sounds far from bad.
I have been wearing these 650's for 3 hours without end now. Lovely.
That sounds a lot better Dynamics, body, and midbass control are the first things to go when underamping HD650. Sure it sounds passable....but we don't buy former-flagships (or when I bought mine...flagships) for "passable" audio, right?
The Burson has awesome PRaT and is very musical, but I like how soothing and relaxing this former flagship is with lesser sources and amplification just as well.
I'm not saying it's what it should be used for, but it still sounds awesome.. enough.
True enough! But HD650 is of high enough purebreed pedigree to demand to be fed only organic premium foods
It'll sound good enough on modest equipment, but it's a phenominal headphone that'll keep rewarding the best of feeds!
Lol, i've got my lyr now and i've got 3 480s in my rig.. I'm just gonna leave my pc on all day and i won't even need the heat on. And plus one of my fans broke so it runs even hotter than before, i should probably get that fixed
Interesting. I tried the HD650 straight out of my iPhone 4 and if it had been a horse--I would have shot it. Out of the op-amp headphone feed in my Pioneer receiver, it really opened up, but the Lyr--well, the Lyr lights up the HD650 like the 4th of July. I started with some Amperex orange globe A-frames--and they have a nice warm tubey sound. I was so happy with that combination and was skeptical of tube rolling--so it took me a while to try anything else. I recently switched to the stock GE 6BZ7 tubes and was surprised at the brighter sound. The 6BZ7 tubes give the HD650 a little extra bite, although they don't sound quite as smooth as the Amperex tubes. You guys with Lyrs should mention the tubes you're using.
There's already a nice 275 page thread on that topic. Have fun.
Like a 4 Channel Fully Balanced βeta-22.
Don't worry, I haven't put them on the mono blocks - yet
Frank - your avatar scared the sh_t outta me..
Your face when the 4xx series was Dun Goof'd my nVidia before the 5xx and 6xx.
With that said my bfg gtx 280 puts my asgard to shame, you can literally fry an egg on the 280.
AArrr him, that's the preacher, who says his bit at Speakers Corner here in London. All to do with my other hobby which is photography. Have a web site if you wish to have a look.
Your avatar is very chilled out looking.
Congrats Frank!! You just bought a hp that you could settle in with for about, oh the next 10 years or so and get a whole lot of great head time with.
What are you using for amp/dac?
Well they will have to last me a little while as my next big purchase is a new camera.
As for my set up: At the moment my system is a pc running Jriver software, playing Flac, converted from CD or some 24 bit flac from B&W society of sound, sent to a Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192, then a White Bird Amplification- Virtus-01.
Not a common set up, but I wrote a little bit about it here, and how lucky I got.
I see you have a Lyr, was looking at buying one of these as I was very impressed with it, I demoed it with a Bi Frost DAC, and this was the set up I was going to go for, with the HD 650's.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 12 seconds ago
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 30 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 38 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 55 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2