- 1,228 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Yesterday at 2:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on Yesterday at 8:16 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new cans. Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 544
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The iPod is filled with lossless music exlusively, the Burson is fed by a V-DAC at 96/24 with lossless source music.
Sure, the Burson is more dynamic and has more "body", but the ipod music sounds passable. I must have low standards.
Right now I'm listening at another computer set-up with X-Fi Go! and a Logitech amplifier which a pretty darn mediocre set-up. It's more dynamic than the iPod, but it lacks warmth and sounds a bit tinny. Still, it sounds far from bad.
I have been wearing these 650's for 3 hours without end now. Lovely.
That sounds a lot better Dynamics, body, and midbass control are the first things to go when underamping HD650. Sure it sounds passable....but we don't buy former-flagships (or when I bought mine...flagships) for "passable" audio, right?
The Burson has awesome PRaT and is very musical, but I like how soothing and relaxing this former flagship is with lesser sources and amplification just as well.
I'm not saying it's what it should be used for, but it still sounds awesome.. enough.
True enough! But HD650 is of high enough purebreed pedigree to demand to be fed only organic premium foods
It'll sound good enough on modest equipment, but it's a phenominal headphone that'll keep rewarding the best of feeds!
Lol, i've got my lyr now and i've got 3 480s in my rig.. I'm just gonna leave my pc on all day and i won't even need the heat on. And plus one of my fans broke so it runs even hotter than before, i should probably get that fixed
Interesting. I tried the HD650 straight out of my iPhone 4 and if it had been a horse--I would have shot it. Out of the op-amp headphone feed in my Pioneer receiver, it really opened up, but the Lyr--well, the Lyr lights up the HD650 like the 4th of July. I started with some Amperex orange globe A-frames--and they have a nice warm tubey sound. I was so happy with that combination and was skeptical of tube rolling--so it took me a while to try anything else. I recently switched to the stock GE 6BZ7 tubes and was surprised at the brighter sound. The 6BZ7 tubes give the HD650 a little extra bite, although they don't sound quite as smooth as the Amperex tubes. You guys with Lyrs should mention the tubes you're using.
There's already a nice 275 page thread on that topic. Have fun.
Like a 4 Channel Fully Balanced βeta-22.
Don't worry, I haven't put them on the mono blocks - yet
Frank - your avatar scared the sh_t outta me..
Your face when the 4xx series was Dun Goof'd my nVidia before the 5xx and 6xx.
With that said my bfg gtx 280 puts my asgard to shame, you can literally fry an egg on the 280.
AArrr him, that's the preacher, who says his bit at Speakers Corner here in London. All to do with my other hobby which is photography. Have a web site if you wish to have a look.
Your avatar is very chilled out looking.
Congrats Frank!! You just bought a hp that you could settle in with for about, oh the next 10 years or so and get a whole lot of great head time with.
What are you using for amp/dac?
Well they will have to last me a little while as my next big purchase is a new camera.
As for my set up: At the moment my system is a pc running Jriver software, playing Flac, converted from CD or some 24 bit flac from B&W society of sound, sent to a Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192, then a White Bird Amplification- Virtus-01.
Not a common set up, but I wrote a little bit about it here, and how lucky I got.
I see you have a Lyr, was looking at buying one of these as I was very impressed with it, I demoed it with a Bi Frost DAC, and this was the set up I was going to go for, with the HD 650's.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › Bluetooth speakers 22 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 44 seconds ago
- › DT990 250Ohm / Pro 250Ohm, replace my current amp? 46 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 47 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)