ive heard good things about the matrix m stage pairing with hd650's. the o2 not for everyone its a very neutral and transparent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 532
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really disliked it with the HD650 :)
Why did that amp sound so good w/ the HD650? Its not because the AHA-120 is a Class A amp, is it? The AHA-120 sounded much more impressive than the E9, P4 or the O2, imo. I imagine its just the $450 or so extra dollars makes for it sound better! (Even though I got it under $400 it was still to rich for me!)
It's some kind off synergy thing. I like the HD650 better with a Rega Ear-amp which people would never buy nowadays. I think it sounds better with the Rega than the Black Cube Linear that costs about 3x more.
Yeah, the AHA-120 was kind of magical with it. I never really believed in amp magic before then... I see that it can be purchased cheaper to the States than I though ($485) thus avoiding the VAT in Europe. I'm almost tempted... If it could just come down $200!
Yeah, I think the O2 doesn't have the dynamic range to pull of the HD650. Not sure though, since I can't read all the graphs. It just felt a little stale with it.. I just picked up the HRT Streamer II at a great price and am going to try it with the O2. But I also am tempted to get this Class A amp and see how it feels with it: http://shop.grantfidelity.com/Yulong-A800-Mini-Class-A-headphone-amplifier.html That seems relatively affordable and still transportable...
The HD650's are generally easy to drive. However, like all the high end HP's there is a definite "Minimum" amp needed to open the door to their best. Once you get there it just gets better as you move up in amp quality. Until you get there, they will be a disappointment. Not the HD650's issue, but not enough supporting cast.
Wouldn't that mean that they don't really like the sound of the 650s alone but just with that amp? Not criticizing, just an observation. To each their own, as long as you enjoy it.
With my little week long session of the HD650 and multiple amped and/or being 'unamped' by being played through just the computer/ipod, that might be what I'm thinking? But I don't want to jump the gun. I could see people wanting amps with a beefy bass, because I think the HD650 by itself is definitely not what most HD650 owners with their expensive rigs describe it to be. I think HD800 owners share the same values too.
Interesting, I recall reading the opposite more often than not, haha.
So anyone on the tube vs ss question? And if the o2 isnt a good match, what *semi* portable amps would you guys recommend?
Me too,it is the first time i read quite a few posts about people not liking the O2 paired with the HD650.Anyway i think it comes always as a matter of preferences.
I am waiting since 12 of September for my new rig which consist exactly of a Odac+O2 and a pair of HD650 to come home in two separate delivery,and although i did not had much choice of an amp because of money and geographical position i though it would be a good synergy for my sounding preferences as i like a neutral sound with a touch of warmness,so i thought i would not choose an amp too warm as the HD650 would already been a little warm.Now just having more and more patiences,as my country national post service is on strike,again...
How does well does the compass power the HD650's?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 15 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 23 seconds ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 28 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear