or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 525

post #7861 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I'm ready to buy the lyr, again, and call this end game for me. Anything better than the lyr at it's price point with the 650?
Bottlehead Crack is amazing with the 650s
post #7862 of 36890

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've got a bid in on a used lyr and since I also have the he400 it seems to be the best amp for those two. 

 

Many thanks!!

post #7863 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post

Bottlehead Crack is amazing with the 650s

+1

post #7864 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post

Bottlehead Crack is amazing with the 650s

And another +1.  I built up a Crack+Speedball and love it.

 

Only thing keeping me from using it at the moment is the Burson Soloist I recently got on that soundearphones.com 25% off deal.

post #7865 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post

Bottlehead Crack is amazing with the 650s

Innerfidelity just did a nice writeup on the Crack and recommended to HD650's with it.

post #7866 of 36890

Okay, I'm the proud owner a  gently used lyr. Let the tube rolling begin!! Come Friday evening I'll have the hd650, lyr (GE tubes) and odac with 500GB of flac files baby!! Oh, these are good times. biggrin.gif

post #7867 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Okay, I'm the proud owner a  gently used lyr. Let the tube rolling begin!! Come Friday evening I'll have the hd650, lyr (GE tubes) and odac with 500GB of flac files baby!! Oh, these are good times. biggrin.gif

You gotta screen cap some of those folders. Hope the Lyr works for you, if I get the 650s, I would have to buy another amp probably.

post #7868 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

You gotta screen cap some of those folders. Hope the Lyr works for you, if I get the 650s, I would have to buy another amp probably.

Asgard does alright for the HD650 from what I recall.  It was my least favorite of the Asgard/Valhalla/Lyr set for them, but still decent.

post #7869 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Okay, I'm the proud owner a  gently used lyr. Let the tube rolling begin!! Come Friday evening I'll have the hd650, lyr (GE tubes) and odac with 500GB of flac files baby!! Oh, these are good times. biggrin.gif

Congrats!!!!

Please let us know what you think of the odac/Lyr combo. I am very interested, as I am thinking about going the same path for mine or the Bifrost.
post #7870 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eargasmo View Post

I actually think the HD650s are better for gaming than the DT990Pros.  HD650s have more atmospheric tones.  DT990s have more brightness.


so the 990 has more details then. How about soundstage compared to 990pros?

post #7871 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdyjudas View Post


so the 990 has more details then

lol no.

post #7872 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdyjudas View Post


so the 990 has more details then. How about soundstage compared to 990pros?

I don't think the 990 would have more details than the 650. In terms of micro details, the 650 is actually very good. It just has recessed highs compared to the beyers.. However, i thought the hd650 was as good for gaming as the hd598. If you read mad lust envy's gaming headphone guide, the 598s actually scored higher than the dt 990. Also, i think the 650s are more enjoyable for gaming because they have a bit more bass than the 598s, so in my eyes its an improved gaming headphone. I never actually had them side to side to a/b them so don't take my word for it. And for the soundstage, i'm really not sure since i haven't heard the dt990s, sorry. One more thing, if you decide to go with the beyers, make sure you get the premium version because i've heard its a lot better for gaming than the pro version. If you need any more help or options head over to mad lust envy's gaming guide. He's tried a huge selection, and made an amazing thread specifically dedicated to reviewing headphones for gaming.


Edited by jwusoccer - 9/26/12 at 8:50pm
post #7873 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwusoccer View Post

I don't think the 990 would have more details than the 650. In terms of micro details, the 650 is actually very good. It just has recessed highs compared to the beyers.. However, i thought the hd650 was as good for gaming as the hd598. If you read mad lust envy's gaming headphone guide, the 598s actually scored higher than the dt 990. Also, i think the 650s are more enjoyable for gaming because they have a bit more bass than the 598s, so in my eyes its an improved gaming headphone. I never actually had them side to side to a/b them so don't take my word for it. And for the soundstage, i'm really not sure since i haven't heard the dt990s, sorry. One more thing, if you decide to go with the beyers, make sure you get the premium version because i've heard its a lot better for gaming than the pro version. If you need any more help or options head over to mad lust envy's gaming guide. He's tried a huge selection, and made an amazing thread specifically dedicated to reviewing headphones for gaming.

I read envy's gaming thread already, that is why I'm choosing Beyer 990 over the 770. Its the same price USD 220 and same comfort I think. I will test it when I have time later.

For 650, its too bad that envy don't have it... That is what I was thinking with the 650, supposed to be better than 598, but I don't want to take risk. USD 360 is quite an investment for me to gamble.

Soundstage are the one I really want to know. 990 is known for the soundstage, even envy mention it. But how the 650 compare to it? When I tested yesterday, 650 has soundstage, but I can't compare in detail with 770, since I'm not testing in a quiet room. Of course for music, the 650 is more superior than 770. I listen to susan Wong close to you, 320 flac via Samsung 7 plus unamped! And its still outperformed the 770 pro 80 in SQ.

premium version is 600 ohm isn't that an overkill for my E17? I even think 250 and 300 ohm can't be driven properly by the Fiio...

If will change my e17 eventually when I have the spare money, just not now.

I don't mind spending 360 usd for the 650, as I see it more long term investment than Beyer. Replaceable cable and perfect SQ for my music (jazz, pop, rock).

I have 1-2 months before deciding which one, so no hurry here...


Edited by widdyjudas - 9/26/12 at 10:59pm
post #7874 of 36890
Can't comment on 990s as have only auditioned 880s, but definitely can confirm 650s as great for gaming. I'm using PS3 -> NFB-5.2 -> HD650 and can always place sounds in ME3 multiplayer.

Best thing about HD650s for gaming is that when you're done you can flick to a different source and enjoy awesome music without changing cans!
post #7875 of 36890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Can't comment on 990s as have only auditioned 880s, but definitely can confirm 650s as great for gaming. I'm using PS3 -> NFB-5.2 -> HD650 and can always place sounds in ME3 multiplayer.
Best thing about HD650s for gaming is that when you're done you can flick to a different source and enjoy awesome music without changing cans!

Exactly my thinking! I dont want to have too many cans, waste of money and not enough space.
I just want 1 can for gaming and music 50-50.
Since you are gaming with it, can you describe the soundsStage and detail imaging? For copetitive use? Fun use?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread