or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 497

post #7441 of 37390

Wish I could have a pair of these nice phones =[

post #7442 of 37390

They are worth the wait!  smily_headphones1.gif

post #7443 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlz View Post

Wish I could have a pair of these nice phones =[

 

Get a job, save up and you'll have them in no time =]

post #7444 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeWolf View Post

The Dynalo, of course! It has all that was good with E10 plus treble, wider soundstage, more precise imaging and better control over bass. Luckily I was able to iron out the output DC on the Dynalo under 0.3mV (without servo) so even lower impedance headphones will be safe.

Now I'm looking to get a Pico DAC or the Dacport LX as a source.

You should have said E10 for lols.
post #7445 of 37390

Well my two week demo of the T1's has come to an end, so I'm back to my trusty HD650's.  It's pretty amazing that a headphone of this cost compared to something like the T1 still sounds so good to my ears.  The T1 overall isn't really my cup of tea though; not a fan of tipped up treble, hence why I love the HD650s so much.  These are so easy to listen to, and sound so alive with the Lyr.

post #7446 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplice View Post

Well my two week demo of the T1's has come to an end, so I'm back to my trusty HD650's.  It's pretty amazing that a headphone of this cost compared to something like the T1 still sounds so good to my ears.  The T1 overall isn't really my cup of tea though; not a fan of tipped up treble, hence why I love the HD650s so much.  These are so easy to listen to, and sound so alive with the Lyr.

 

Interesting. I didnt find T1 trebbly at all. It was the most comfortable sound I ever listen to. Things do go up and down but they sounded everything with out poking your ears. 

post #7447 of 37390

They are perhaps one of the most treble-oriented headphones on the market.  Even more than DT990 according to measurements.

 

700

post #7448 of 37390

There's treble and then there's peaky treble.

post #7449 of 37390

I have always appreciated the HD650's ability to create great treble without the harsh peaks. Fatigue free listening even at higher volumes.

post #7450 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplice View Post

Well my two week demo of the T1's has come to an end, so I'm back to my trusty HD650's.  It's pretty amazing that a headphone of this cost compared to something like the T1 still sounds so good to my ears.  The T1 overall isn't really my cup of tea though; not a fan of tipped up treble, hence why I love the HD650s so much.  These are so easy to listen to, and sound so alive with the Lyr.

 

It's always good to hear when folks find HD650 comparing so well to the $1k+ club!  And +1 on the Lyr combo.  What tubes are you using with them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

They are perhaps one of the most treble-oriented headphones on the market.  Even more than DT990 according to measurements.

 

700

 

Yeah, I've heard HD800 is more fatiguing than T1 over time, as are Grados, but Beyer's infamous 8.5kh peaks are still here, as one would expect a Beyer to sound.  It's the same DT880 vs HD650 debate that this thread started with a thousand years ago tongue.gif

 

It wouldn't be a Beyer if it didn't peak at 8.5khz.  And it wouldn't be a Sennheiser if it did (HD700 need not apply...)

post #7451 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMCrazy View Post

 

It's always good to hear when folks find HD650 comparing so well to the $1k+ club!  And +1 on the Lyr combo.  What tubes are you using with them?

 

 

Yeah, I've heard HD800 is more fatiguing than T1 over time, as are Grados, but Beyer's infamous 8.5kh peaks are still here, as one would expect a Beyer to sound.  It's the same DT880 vs HD650 debate that this thread started with a thousand years ago tongue.gif

 

It wouldn't be a Beyer if it didn't peak at 8.5khz.  And it wouldn't be a Sennheiser if it did (HD700 need not apply...)

 

After having the LCD-2 and HD650 for five weeks together my pick goes to the HD650.  They seem equally detailed to my ears but the HD650 has better air and soundstage, not to mention they are way more comfortable.    Haven't listened to the LCD-2 for a couple of days now, I'm thinking seriously about selling them.

post #7452 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMCrazy View Post

 

It's always good to hear when folks find HD650 comparing so well to the $1k+ club!  And +1 on the Lyr combo.  What tubes are you using with them?

 

 

Well I ordered them with the GE 6BZ7, but just last night swapped them out for the stock JJs.  The JJs sound a bit more transparent, and I think are a better overall match for the HD650s.  I'm still adjusting to the "reduced" treble (by contrast to the T1s).  Really the only thing that I wish I could change about the 650s after hearing the T1s is reducing the bass a bit.  But....that's why HD600s exist :)

post #7453 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenthumb View Post

 

After having the LCD-2 and HD650 for five weeks together my pick goes to the HD650.  They seem equally detailed to my ears but the HD650 has better air and soundstage, not to mention they are way more comfortable.    Haven't listened to the LCD-2 for a couple of days now, I'm thinking seriously about selling them.

Wow that's actually very surprising to me.  I will be demoing the LCD-2s sometime in the near future.  I was hoping based on all the reviews I've read, that the LCD-2 would almost be like an upgraded HD650.

 

Could you elaborate a bit more on the pros and cons of each after comparing them for 5 weeks?

post #7454 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplice View Post

Wow that's actually very surprising to me.  I will be demoing the LCD-2s sometime in the near future.  I was hoping based on all the reviews I've read, that the LCD-2 would almost be like an upgraded HD650.

 

Could you elaborate a bit more on the pros and cons of each after comparing them for 5 weeks?

 

I suppose it depends entirely on what you are looking for and what genres you like...

post #7455 of 37390
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenthumb View Post

After having the LCD-2 and HD650 for five weeks together my pick goes to the HD650.  They seem equally detailed to my ears but the HD650 has better air and soundstage, not to mention they are way more comfortable.    Haven't listened to the LCD-2 for a couple of days now, I'm thinking seriously about selling them.
That 's what I did as well. Sonic alone hd 650 is about 90% of lcd 2 and it's better at layering IMO. And after a long day at work, none of us want to do head exercise. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread