or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 493

post #7381 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

Headphones are an "attractive nuisance." First, a cutie named DT 990 moves in with you. You're introduced to its friends, the Must-Have-New-Music family. Then, the groupies start arriving: Mr DAC and Ms Amp. Next thing you know, DT 990, an HD 650 you met on the Internet, and you are having threesomes.

 

Investment indeed.

haha, no but in all seriousness hd650 is a keeper.

post #7382 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

Headphones are an "attractive nuisance." First, a cutie named DT 990 moves in with you. You're introduced to its friends, the Must-Have-New-Music family. Then, the groupies start arriving: Mr DAC and Ms Amp. Next thing you know, DT 990, an HD 650 you met on the Internet, and you are having threesomes.

 

Investment indeed.

 

700

 

I think you meant this? lol

post #7383 of 36903

Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

post #7384 of 36903

People are used to their audiophile spikes.

post #7385 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by PelPix View Post

Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

 

Seriously. I was shocked at how good the highs are as well as the detail. I almost think at times that what I read about the HD650 does not describe the same headphone that I own.  

post #7386 of 36903

My HD650 are getting more head time than my DT880s :/ 

 

Or I could just still be on the HD650 honeymoon phase lol 

 

I'm actually thinking about getting a new amp to play around with some tube rolling. I'm trying to fight the urge to spend more into head-fi -_- 

post #7387 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by PelPix View Post

Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

word to big bird, miles davis for endless hours.

post #7388 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

$300 is ridiculously rare. $350 from Razordogdeals I think is fairly common. 

Is a sennheiser factory refurb a smart buy? I'm not familiar with razordog,, so i'm just being cautious as this isn't a purchase that I want to get wrong. The site says it comes with a factory warranty, just making sure sennheiser will extend a warranty through a 3rd party site.
post #7389 of 36903

imackler, 350 from Brian @ RDD is no longer available. Senn raised their prices on their retailers. 

 

meeklo, i have purchased a few things through the years from Razordogdeals. he is legit and one of the good guys out there.  cant comment on refurb senns as i never bought one.

post #7390 of 36903

I also don't understand what the veil is. Everything is very clear and crisp. The mix is separated very well. Voice sounds impeccable, especially intimate songs where the singer feels like he/she is singing in your ear. 

 

Maybe since these are the only headphones I use I don't have much to compare it with :D 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelPix View Post

Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

post #7391 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

Seriously. I was shocked at how good the highs are as well as the detail. I almost think at times that what I read about the HD650 does not describe the same headphone that I own.  

 

A lot of people seem to think that over bright, sharp, ear pain inducing, spiky treble is "natural"

post #7392 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

 

meeklo, i have purchased a few things through the years from Razordogdeals. he is legit and one of the good guys out there.  cant comment on refurb senns as i never bought one.

 

My mistake. It's Dakmart that is selling them. I just checked and Dakmart is an authorized retailer. So if they're an authorized retailer selling a factory refurb then it should be a pretty safe buy shouldn't it?

post #7393 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

Seriously. I was shocked at how good the highs are as well as the detail. I almost think at times that what I read about the HD650 does not describe the same headphone that I own.  

+1

 

Same here. I have no complains swapping between the PFEs with grey filters and the HD650s. Beautiful musical presentation and detailed as well. I don't feel like the highs are rolled off...I don't understand *shrug*.  I teared up from how beautiful the following artists sang through the cans: Jackie Evancho, Sarah Brightman, Andy Mckee's guitar <3.

 

I think a dedicated amp helps a lot.

post #7394 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post

 

My mistake. It's Dakmart that is selling them. I just checked and Dakmart is an authorized retailer. So if they're an authorized retailer selling a factory refurb then it should be a pretty safe buy shouldn't it?

i stayed away from dakmart because they also sell under dahmart. when a company does something like that, i feel theyre up to something. but i have read that ppl have received their items as described. i myself, would rather stay away from a company that thinks changing its name by 1 letter, one being an authorized dealer, and the other not... is doing things right.

post #7395 of 36903
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

i stayed away from dakmart because they also sell under dahmart. when a company does something like that, i feel theyre up to something. but i have read that ppl have received their items as described. i myself, would rather stay away from a company that thinks changing its name by 1 letter, one being an authorized dealer, and the other not... is doing things right.
This one was adressed before as well. The reason is someone had took the name dakmart before they registed so they had to change the name.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread