or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 416

post #6226 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post

After having sold my HD650 2 years ago and regretting it ever since, I've finally rejoined the camp.  Enjoying sweet sweet music emanating from my HD650.  atsmile.gif



Still have the HD800 I see. wink.gif

post #6227 of 36836

Really? If you use an lod you are bypassing the internal amp, it's highly unlikely. If you plug it into a pc or mac hp out, possibly. But not sure, never measured anything like that, you realize you are amping the phones one way or another, or maybe I don't understand your comment, no offense intended.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by john65537 View Post

Besides budget and convenience reasons, I also suspect amps may distort original signals.



 


Edited by the search never ends - 3/23/12 at 8:00pm
post #6228 of 36836

Oh, that one's a keeper too. ;)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post



Still have the HD800 I see. wink.gif



 

post #6229 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post

Oh, that one's a keeper too. ;)
 



 


 

Hehe. I'm considering getting one here in the near future. Torn between those and the LCD-2.

post #6230 of 36836

What amp would you guys recommend to go with a pair of Sen HD650? 

post #6231 of 36836

I'm kinda newbie in audiophile, therefore what I understand about original signals maybe wrong.

The sounds from a computer jack are actually amplified, thus not truely original.

Perhaps DAC is the most original source?

Anyway, I think it's reasonable to assume that the more amplifications applied, the more distortions may occur, right?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the search never ends View Post



 

 

post #6232 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by finale23 View Post

What amp would you guys recommend to go with a pair of Sen HD650? 



Pick up a NuForce HDP and get a great amp and DAC for the HD650's all in one and call it a day.

post #6233 of 36836

Yes, dac is going to be the best way to go, especially spdif.  I know many that run an amp straight from the hp out to an amp, doesn't really make sense today since a usb dac/amp is pretty inexpensive.  And I did not fully understand your comment. Multiple amping should be avoided, but with some daps it's the only option. Providing it can't power your cans. You're not a newb audiophile. Admitting you don't have all the answers puts you a step ahead, I surely don't know everything, just what I like as far as sonic signature.  Finding what you enjoy over the long haul is great, the 650's are one of my top items for enjoying music. Have been for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john65537 View Post

I'm kinda newbie in audiophile, therefore what I understand about original signals maybe wrong.

The sounds from a computer jack are actually amplified, thus not truely original.

Perhaps DAC is the most original source?

Anyway, I think it's reasonable to assume that the more amplifications applied, the more distortions may occur, right?
 

 



 

post #6234 of 36836

I see this often, but still think if you don't need the extra features of the HDP(just headphone listening)since it shares the dac/amp of the HDP.  At 300 dollars the HD is a great pricepoint for what you get sonically.

Although the features of the HDP will better suit many.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post



Pick up a NuForce HDP and get a great amp and DAC for the HD650's all in one and call it a day.



 

post #6235 of 36836

I would say Schiit Lyr. Lyr is great with HD650. Heard is Asgard and Vahalla good with HD650 too. Combine Schiit Bifrost with Lyr, you will be blown away. I was so impressed that I decided to keep both and using both right now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale23 View Post

What amp would you guys recommend to go with a pair of Sen HD650? 



 

post #6236 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by weitn View Post

I would say Schiit Lyr. Lyr is great with HD650. Heard is Asgard and Vahalla good with HD650 too. Combine Schiit Bifrost with Lyr, you will be blown away. I was so impressed that I decided to keep both and using both right now.

 



 


Hi wetin, I see you are using the E17 and would appreciate if you could share with me the kind of SQ you hear with the HD650. IMO, I think that the E9 is very neutral and would not colour the sound much thus trying to find out the sound signature of the E17. As mentioned in a earlier post, I might just need a  portable USB Dac/Amp if I can't find a suitable DAP to pair up with my coming Heir Audio 8.A. As I prefer to travel light, I'm hoping I can find a matching stand alone DAP for my 8.A and put the rest of the fund towards a quality USB Dac to the E9 driving the HD650. Many thanks to all.

 

post #6237 of 36836

I like the Audio-gd Compass as an amp, and the DAC is probably good enough to start too. It isn't listed on their website though, it'd have to be a used one.

post #6238 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor991 View Post

I like the Audio-gd Compass as an amp, and the DAC is probably good enough to start too. It isn't listed on their website though, it'd have to be a used one.



Is this unit better than the FUN?

post #6239 of 36836

No idea, sorry
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingreason View Post



Is this unit better than the FUN?



 

post #6240 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingreason View Post



Is this unit better than the FUN?



I bet that it's more fun.

 

Sorry, I had to.

 

Anyway, still reaping the HD650's. Feeling the HD800 urging me more and more to upgrade, however.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread