or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 371

post #5551 of 36831

Yea. But now that I have good headphones I actually enjoy all kind of music. So that makes my music collection way bigger than before. :) Before I only listened to house music. Now everything seems so enjoyable. Just close my eyes and I'm gone for hours. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I agree. I find the HD 650 actually quite forgiving.
My HD 25-1 II for example is less forgiving. But that might also be an illusion caused by the fact that it sucks at cymbals (maybe it's my Mini3).
But if you compare it to - let's say - iBuds, then 'yes'. They are still hi-fi, and that never works with bad recordings.


 

post #5552 of 36831

Just ordered these headphones and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a DAC/amp combo for under $200? 

 

Really considering the Audinst HUD-MX1 but any other suggestions would be great.

post #5553 of 36831

Not necessarily $200 but the Audio-gd Compass is wonderful with the 650s, I highly recommend it.

post #5554 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTide09 View Post

Just ordered these headphones and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a DAC/amp combo for under $200? 

 

Really considering the Audinst HUD-MX1 but any other suggestions would be great.

To be honest I have never heard of the Audinst, so I had to look it up. They post hardly any relevant specs on their website, which is most often a bad sign.
I'm not saying it's a bad choice per se, but looking at their website I'd say there are possibly better alternatives.

I can personally suggest getting an Audio-GD NFB-12; very high value for money.

Otherwise you should definitely have a look at FiiO's products. They tend to offer rather excellent bang for buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor991 View Post

Not necessarily $200 but the Audio-gd Compass is wonderful with the 650s, I highly recommend it.

I'm pretty sure the Compass is discontinued.
Edited by Tilpo - 1/18/12 at 3:17pm
post #5555 of 36831

But be warned FiiO has virtually no support. Only local to Honk Kong phone number and Engrish, almost useless email responses. My E7 just started shutting off when I plugged in my L7 for line out to my amp and i would have to reset with a safety pin every time I wanted to charge it

post #5556 of 36831

Damn I want to get this reallly bad but I'm waiting for the price to drop on amazon.  2 weeks ago it was $350 now its $495.

post #5557 of 36831

Recently got a pair and they sound amazing. Extremely satisfied with my purchase. No buyers remorse. 

 

Now purchasing a proper amp and DAC to drive them.

post #5558 of 36831

What are you planning on purchasing?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polska9 View Post

Recently got a pair and they sound amazing. Extremely satisfied with my purchase. No buyers remorse. 

 

Now purchasing a proper amp and DAC to drive them.



 

post #5559 of 36831

Man, if you think they sound great without a good amp and DAC, you are going to seriously be one happy camper when you give them a good source and some power. :-D
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polska9 View Post

Recently got a pair and they sound amazing. Extremely satisfied with my purchase. No buyers remorse. 

 

Now purchasing a proper amp and DAC to drive them.



 

post #5560 of 36831

i read a post somewhere (i think it may have been on slickdeals during christmas time) and the author said that you can buy all the parts you need for the 650s directly from sennheiser and just snap them together using parts from the hd598, hd600 and the hd650 drivers.

 

does anyone happen to know of this? is it really possible.

post #5561 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopbb View Post

i read a post somewhere (i think it may have been on slickdeals during christmas time) and the author said that you can buy all the parts you need for the 650s directly from sennheiser and just snap them together using parts from the hd598, hd600 and the hd650 drivers.

 

does anyone happen to know of this? is it really possible.


Yes, though the HD500 series parts are NOT compatible with the HD600/650.

 

post #5562 of 36831


The HD580/HD600/HD650 are the ones with the compatible parts. Senn's prices on parts are pretty high, you'll probably do better if you put up an wtb ad in the For Sale section. 

 

That being said my favorite FrankenSenn combo was a HD580 with HD600 grills and HD650 drivers.

 

 

post #5563 of 36831


I also had the HD650 with the Grace m902 - really great combo. If there is such a thing as a HD650 veil, the Grace will lift it for shure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post



I use the Grace m902 (recently replaced by the m903 which is better) - this is a DAC and headphone amplifier in a single box (and a monitor controller).

 

Highly recommended.

 

 



 

post #5564 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post


I also had the HD650 with the Grace m902 - really great combo. If there is such a thing as a HD650 veil, the Grace will lift it for shure!



 

 

biggrin.gif you mean "sure" rather than "shure" I'm sure beyersmile.png

 

But I agree with you - I certainly never heard any veil on my HD650 - but I only really listened to them with the Grace.


 

 

post #5565 of 36831

Shure! (head-fi f*** up your vocabulary. Grizzly Beyer, Senn-Buddhism...) 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post

 

biggrin.gif you mean "sure" rather than "shure" I'm sure beyersmile.png

 

But I agree with you - I certainly never heard any veil on my HD650 - but I only really listened to them with the Grace.


 

 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread