or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 363

post #5431 of 36865
Yes. I have heard many people here use it and be satisfied with it. The E9 would probably not be an upgrade though. Save your money for a higher tier amp and dac when you feel the need to upgrade. Just my two cents though.
post #5432 of 36865

Just tried putting on my 3 year old HD650 to listen to some music and the headband snapped. frown.gif 

Been reading about this issue for years now it's finally happened to me.

 

Guess I'll be calling Senn for a pricey replacement.

 


Edited by francisdemarte - 12/31/11 at 4:03pm
post #5433 of 36865


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisdemarte View Post

Just tried putting on my 3 year old HD650 to listen to some music and the headband snapped. frown.gif

Been reading about this issue for years now it's finally happened to me.

 

Guess I'll be calling Senn for a pricey replacement.

 


Wow.  That stinks.  Hope Senheisser is kind to you.

 

 

post #5434 of 36865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooTa View Post

about the clip - well i sometimes do something similar with my old ipod shuffle and my beyers - as said above my hd650s have just arrived so theyre still in permanantly fixed to my pc for burn in.

 

will it harm the phones - unlikely , however you can do it with some precautions

due to the cable being relatively long if you curl them and fix with a small strap of velcro or similar it allows you to have the tiny wieght of the clip on the wire but not directly on the straight pull from the connectors.

 

so yes fine to do but probably safer not to.


I completely forgot my Filco keyboard came with velcro for the cord. I turned it inside out so it doesn't stick to my shirt, folded it, and clipped the mic to the velcro. Its so loose on the cord of the HD650 that I can spin and rotate it with no problem, and it really doesn't move much with the mic on it. Works perfect, thanks for reminding me.

 

be6396fd.jpg

234075a2.jpg

6d5168ec.jpg

 

 


Edited by Boyiee - 12/31/11 at 4:49pm
post #5435 of 36865

i just wanted to add that I am now listening with my 650s with a big smile on my face.

post #5436 of 36865

Guys, this sounds very, very good.  Flatters the HD650 nicely.

 

photo (1).JPG

 

Apologies for the low-lighting, I didn't want to kill the mood by turning them up.  


Edited by sphinxvc - 12/31/11 at 9:24pm
post #5437 of 36865
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM411 View Post

Would a Xonar Essence be enought to power the allmighty HD 650? And possible upgrade to an Fiio E9 amp later?


EDIT: Im realy close to order one :D


It definitely has enough juice to power the HD650. There's really no point in "upgrading" to the E9 later on since that wouldn't really make a difference. Just get one or the other.

 

post #5438 of 36865

i just want to add that after a week with my 650s im absolutely in love.

simply put they sound amazing.

 

my poor 990/600 ohm will be on the shelf for a while

post #5439 of 36865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post

i just want to add that after a week with my 650s im absolutely in love.

simply put they sound amazing.

 

my poor 990/600 ohm will be on the shelf for a while



I think I'm actually headed down the exact same path, I've had three days so far and I've barely touched my DT990.. I thought I was getting a side grade, not an upgrade! eek.gif

post #5440 of 36865

I am so close to pulling the trigger on a refurbished pair of these things! I have some questions, though.

 

Do refurbs generally come with the box as a new pair would?

 

Would the creative X-Fi HD USB DAC (http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-HD-Sound/M/B004275EO4.htm) be ok to power these things starting out? If not, what will it sound like underpowered? I plan on getting a Schiit Asgard amp later on to couple with the DAC and the HD650.

 
post #5441 of 36865

Honestly I think people saying the DT880/990 vs HD650 is a "sidegrade" are just being polite to those who prefer the Beyer sound signature. To my ears the HD650 is superior in sound quality across the spectrum to the DT880. Which sound signature you prefer is up to preference.

 

But I'm also one of the SRH940 fans and I believe its highs are superior to the HD650s, and I'm not sure if everyone agrees with that (although I've never heard it denied from anyone who owns both).


Edited by ac500 - 1/3/12 at 8:16pm
post #5442 of 36865

Going to be soldering a custom cable for the HD650. I can't believe how cheap it is to find good cable parts. Copper, Sennhesier plugs, wrapping, and a Neutrik plug all come under $70...

post #5443 of 36865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac500 View Post

Honestly I think people saying the DT880/990 vs HD650 is a "sidegrade" are just being polite to those who prefer the Beyer sound signature. To my ears the HD650 is superior in sound quality across the spectrum to the DT880. Which sound signature you prefer is up to preference.

 

But I'm also one of the SRH940 fans and I believe its highs are superior to the HD650s, and I'm not sure if everyone agrees with that (although I've never heard it denied from anyone who owns both).


Reading around for months, I had just sort of put the DT990 in the same general sound quality category, but right now I'm having a hard time switching back the 990s.

 

post #5444 of 36865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaider View Post


It definitely has enough juice to power the HD650. There's really no point in "upgrading" to the E9 later on since that wouldn't really make a difference. Just get one or the other.

 



might as well get the xonar because it has a DAC

post #5445 of 36865


Sorry for the late reply, but according to this, they are.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_ss?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&seller=A1GFA08E5JVVHQ#aag_legalInfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

you  mean "DAHMART"? is that DAKMART?  if not, you should confirm they are authorized retailers.  either way, i personally would stay away from either. 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread