or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 360

post #5386 of 36851


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooTa View Post

just a pre-emptive strike to holla at you all and to warn you that ill be joining you in full bliss any day now thanks to amazons 40% off on headphones yesterday., :)

yep HD650s incoming.

 


Didn't hear about that sale.

 

How much were they with the 40% off?  

post #5387 of 36851

I'm pretty sure the normal price is 46% off MSRP...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captouch View Post

Didn't hear about that sale.

 

How much were they with the 40% off?  



 

post #5388 of 36851

cant actually remeber but i got them for £300 so at least £35 cheaper than amazons usual.

post #5389 of 36851

I'm sensing US/UK confusion... Enjoy the HD650's!

post #5390 of 36851

well ill try and give my views when they arrive -

im going to let them run in for a good week with a mix of white/pink noise overnights and then as much use as i can during the day actually n my head with songs.

i have a very eclectic music taste so  love a little of most music styles.

currently mixing my beyers and my grados up between my e7/e9 and my offboard Xonar STX so i hope to be able to give some comparisons.

post #5391 of 36851

Why didn't I gain by using Nuforce Icon HDP with 650 over by simply using the headphone jack on front of PC?

 

Before I got the HDP I used the headphone jack on the front of computer to listen to the HD 650. It sounds good and I am surprised that the PC can drive the HD 650. If it matters the PC is pretty decent, i7 950 CPU, 24GB RAM, Crucial Solid state drive and EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard with HD audio.

 

Today I received the HDP. So I connect it with optical to the back of the computer and plugged headphone to the HDP. I listened and do not feel I have gained sound quality of volume over without using the HDP.

 

Why?

 

The best I have is to plug the headphone to a 7 year old low end receiver which receiving signal from old Oppo 971 player. In this setup I had the best sound and volume.

post #5392 of 36851

I don't know If I can participate in this thread anymore, I'm really digging the sound of my Q701's. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

post #5393 of 36851

Got some 650's for Christmas, I didn't think an eargasm was quite possible until I decided to listen to the Inception Soundtrack, WOW!!

post #5394 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

I don't know If I can participate in this thread anymore, I'm really digging the sound of my Q701's. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Get out!

We don't need people like you anymore. mad.gif
post #5395 of 36851

i got my hd650 today!!

 

tbh, i am a bit disappointed, think it performed worse than my SRH840.

 

my setup is an audinst rig, ordered a bottlehead crack but haven't arrived yet.

 

the high is harsh, slightly ear piercing. (not sure if it is the right word)

and the instrument seperation is just disappointing. :(

 

 

should i left it for burning in for a while before ihear it again??

 

btw, how should i burn in? just plaing the msuic and leave the headphone alone??

post #5396 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Get out!
We don't need people like you anymore. mad.gif


Tilpo y u no

 

 

be less mean tongue_smile.gif


Edited by B-Dawk20 - 12/29/11 at 4:28am
post #5397 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughkk View Post

i got my hd650 today!!

 

tbh, i am a bit disappointed, think it performed worse than my SRH840.

 

my setup is an audinst rig, ordered a bottlehead crack but haven't arrived yet.

 

the high is harsh, slightly ear piercing. (not sure if it is the right word)

and the instrument seperation is just disappointing. :(

 

 

should i left it for burning in for a while before ihear it again??

 

btw, how should i burn in? just plaing the msuic and leave the headphone alone??


 

 

Uhh, I do pink and white noise for like an hour or two and let them break for 30 minutes. Sometimes I use music too. But harsh highs? That's something I've never heard of when talking about the HD650.

post #5398 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


 

 

Uhh, I do pink and white noise for like an hour or two and let them break for 30 minutes. Sometimes I use music too. But harsh highs? That's something I've never heard of when talking about the HD650.



more like 'squeaky'??

i don't know how to describe it.

people say that they are laidback, dark, i just don't get any of those.

and the thing i am disappointed the most is the seperation of vocal and instruments. it is worse than my SRH840 by quite a bit.

 

anyway, do i just download the pink and white noise from the internet and play it?

normal volume??

post #5399 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughkk View Post



more like 'squeaky'??

i don't know how to describe it.

people say that they are laidback, dark, i just don't get any of those.

and the thing i am disappointed the most is the seperation of vocal and instruments. it is worse than my SRH840 by quite a bit.

 

anyway, do i just download the pink and white noise from the internet and play it?

normal volume??


 

You can type pink noise and google and there should be a website with brown, pink, white, and some other noise for a constant stream lol. I had a program that had an automated process where it kept it on for a set time and then off for a set time...don't know where it went though >_>

 

post #5400 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


 

You can type pink noise and google and there should be a website with brown, pink, white, and some other noise for a constant stream lol. I had a program that had an automated process where it kept it on for a set time and then off for a set time...don't know where it went though >_>

 



thank you very much

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread