They sound really good on the HD650's, especially and Hans Zimmer's art. Slow but takes you to a whole 'nother world.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 9:09 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 359
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to the head-fi world. I've had my hd-650's for a few weeks and was absolutely blown away by them even with an old NAD integrated amp. My Woo Audio WA6 just came today, and I can't imagine a better sound than this. I have a bifrost on backorder, so I can't wait for that little guy to get here...but I am just so happy with this setup.
glad to hear youre happy. now enjoy that and stop browsing headfi or else you might be hit with unnecessary upgraditis.
Did someone say Hans Zimmer? The Bourne Supremacy sound track(in which he produced) is one of my personal favorites and it's from a pretty good movie to boot.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 12/24/11 at 9:17am
And his music just makes for great headphone listening, in general. Hoping that they all get a physical release, at some point...
Well, like I said in my profile. Hans Zimmer = Ultimate Eargasm.
Hey all, just got a pair of hd650s to go with my matrix m stage amp! I really wanted to get the hdp nuforce and see a lot of people like it, but didn't have the $$. So i was wondering about the comparison in SQ between my setup (650s+matrix m stage) vs the 650s + the hdp...if anyone has any answers it would be greatly appreciated!
Nuforce HDP is a DAC/Amp combo where as M-stage is just a Amp. Comparing the M-stage > HD650 to Nuforce HDP > HD650 wouldn't be fair as the M-stage would be held back by the source. It would be redundant to own both as then you would have two $250+ amps.
just got my 650s.
haven't really come off my head except to take a dump since i got them at 1 this afternoon.
love em so far
the mids are very nice and they just sound musical and very enjoyable, not sure how else to put it. but really enjoyablitiy is the most important thing anyways
Look, pal. If you really think they are great, they shouldn't be coming off just for a dump! You could have been rocking on your throne---just saying!!!
Have you considered investing in a bathroom rig? I hear there's extra synergy to be found via a toilet paper mod as well.
My favorite off the soundtrack would have to be "Old Souls," which sounds amazing through the HD650's. The laidback quality of the phones really play up on this track, and it's enough to send the listener into a dreamlike trance. But the whole soundtrack is amazing, like you said.
just a pre-emptive strike to holla at you all and to warn you that ill be joining you in full bliss any day now thanks to amazons 40% off on headphones yesterday., :)
yep HD650s incoming.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 1 minute ago
- › any opinions on Rudistor RP3K-SS 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490... 4 minutes ago
- › The first person to listen to the HD 598 CS Closed Back 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear