if it is not heavily advertised by tv companies then dont be surprised when they downgrade the DACs
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/19/17 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 354
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, a way to route the audio would be digital cable(optical/coaxial/hdmi?) -> computer -> USB -> e7 assuming you have some type of digital in on your PC or laptop. That's the only way I can think of since the e7 only has a usb digital in.
but the problem is i want to use it with the xbox 360.
am sure it would never work if i plug it directly to the 360 through the USB port.
so dac for xbox
well... at least the the tv dac is not as horrible as my laptop...(damn you sony!!)
I totally agree with the folks over at Sennhesier. The HD650 really lets me feel everything and forget everything excluding the music. That's why full bodied warm headphones and IEM's like the Radius HP-TWF21 are really starting to grow on me.
Very awesome. If your avatar strikes me right, it looks like it will be a good contrast (sound signature wise) to your Beyerdynamic DT880's. Stone cold to warm oatmeal.
Wow what a difference when using my 650s with my Yulong D100. There definitely is a vast improvement between the D100 and straight from my PC, but of course there is.
What I can tell now is that everything is so much clearer and the bass is definitely more "pronounced". Although I cannot give an in depth description of the combo, as both are still burning in, I'm certainly not disappointed and my expectations were spot on.
just sold those last week.
as well as the shures in the pic.
really need to update that.
right now im sitting on 600 ohm 990s and fischer fa 011s.
and the fischers are for sale, just not posted yet lol.
so it'll be the 990s and the 650s for a while.
can't wait. really want to hear them out of my woo. it was between the 880/600 and the hd 650s but i got a chance to audition the 880s this last weekend. they sounded quite a bit like the 990s and i liked the sound sig of the 990s better. so 650s it is!
With just a bit of treble boost, these are just brilliant for classical music... wow. So realistic, I'm still continually stunned, and this is after having these for almost half a year.
Say what you want about DT880s etc. being "neutral", but whatever the HD650 is, it sounds much much more realistic to classical concerts I've been to... and that's the ultimate hifi test.
Edited by ac500 - 12/20/11 at 6:29pm
Well I had a rather lame 10 band equalizer that doesn't give me anything in between. This is mostly because I refuse to equalize from a specific music player where the benefit won't extend throughout my computer to all applications (games... for example) - so only global equalizers work for me.
I don't get why people are okay with equalizing a random music player, as though they play everything from there. I don't. I play Pandora, youtube, movies, video games, etc. all from many different applications.
So essentially what my EQ curve would look like if you saw it would be a slight upward curve starting at 4khz, raising a bit at 8khz, then continuing to grow up more and more to a rather high boost at 16khz.
As to why I find this boost helpful... I tuned it by ear mostly. This gives as flat of treble as I can tell. The HD650s drop off treble most severely at the really high frequencies to my ears.
Edited by ac500 - 12/20/11 at 7:30pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 12 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 3 minutes ago
- › Power amp recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear