if it is not heavily advertised by tv companies then dont be surprised when they downgrade the DACs
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 4:10 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 354
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, a way to route the audio would be digital cable(optical/coaxial/hdmi?) -> computer -> USB -> e7 assuming you have some type of digital in on your PC or laptop. That's the only way I can think of since the e7 only has a usb digital in.
but the problem is i want to use it with the xbox 360.
am sure it would never work if i plug it directly to the 360 through the USB port.
so dac for xbox
well... at least the the tv dac is not as horrible as my laptop...(damn you sony!!)
I totally agree with the folks over at Sennhesier. The HD650 really lets me feel everything and forget everything excluding the music. That's why full bodied warm headphones and IEM's like the Radius HP-TWF21 are really starting to grow on me.
Very awesome. If your avatar strikes me right, it looks like it will be a good contrast (sound signature wise) to your Beyerdynamic DT880's. Stone cold to warm oatmeal.
Wow what a difference when using my 650s with my Yulong D100. There definitely is a vast improvement between the D100 and straight from my PC, but of course there is.
What I can tell now is that everything is so much clearer and the bass is definitely more "pronounced". Although I cannot give an in depth description of the combo, as both are still burning in, I'm certainly not disappointed and my expectations were spot on.
just sold those last week.
as well as the shures in the pic.
really need to update that.
right now im sitting on 600 ohm 990s and fischer fa 011s.
and the fischers are for sale, just not posted yet lol.
so it'll be the 990s and the 650s for a while.
can't wait. really want to hear them out of my woo. it was between the 880/600 and the hd 650s but i got a chance to audition the 880s this last weekend. they sounded quite a bit like the 990s and i liked the sound sig of the 990s better. so 650s it is!
With just a bit of treble boost, these are just brilliant for classical music... wow. So realistic, I'm still continually stunned, and this is after having these for almost half a year.
Say what you want about DT880s etc. being "neutral", but whatever the HD650 is, it sounds much much more realistic to classical concerts I've been to... and that's the ultimate hifi test.
Edited by ac500 - 12/20/11 at 6:29pm
Well I had a rather lame 10 band equalizer that doesn't give me anything in between. This is mostly because I refuse to equalize from a specific music player where the benefit won't extend throughout my computer to all applications (games... for example) - so only global equalizers work for me.
I don't get why people are okay with equalizing a random music player, as though they play everything from there. I don't. I play Pandora, youtube, movies, video games, etc. all from many different applications.
So essentially what my EQ curve would look like if you saw it would be a slight upward curve starting at 4khz, raising a bit at 8khz, then continuing to grow up more and more to a rather high boost at 16khz.
As to why I find this boost helpful... I tuned it by ear mostly. This gives as flat of treble as I can tell. The HD650s drop off treble most severely at the really high frequencies to my ears.
Edited by ac500 - 12/20/11 at 7:30pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Could the Fiio AM5 drive the AKG q701? 15 seconds ago
- › The Obsession with Loudness in Portable Headphones -- Why?! +... 35 seconds ago
- › Linear power supply or not? 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour – Applications Open! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Xduoo X3 Copper 3 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 3 minutes ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro with Digital output, Dual... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear