Awesome. Before you get them though, I must know, what amp will you be using? And remember to pick up the Silver driver HD650's. The updated ones are a lot better, while the old ones sound quite boring and veiled.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol am so eager to try new combinations
and since i have one month break from my university, i figured it is a good time to do anything before we get back to studying
Speaking of albums that sound great through the HD650 -
I stopped listening to REM after UP but this compilation is a great reminder of why they've been so influential. The tracks are ordered chronologically and the first disc is killer. It wanes a bit with the later tracks on disc 2, though overall the collection is a great reflection of their progression as a band. A stunning body of work.
Big fan myself, I was in school at University of Georgia from 1980-1984 and saw REM many times at the 40 Watt Club and the B&L warehouse that were local bars in town back then. I've got their first 3 albums on vinyl and then we all switched to CD. After all of it (I own all of their recordings) I still consider the original 5 song EP my favorite "album" and favorite 5 songs. That compilation is a great collection, I should know!
How can you tell who sells which?
Yes. Always go for an AD. I got mine from an AD and it was the silver drivers. Almost never buy them used unless the user has proof of the silver screen casting.
Hey Hamoor, I own the hdp and find it impressive. I don't own the 650s yet but I do own the 555s. To me the hdp accentuates instrument separation and clarity. Overall I'd say it prefers the highs to lows just slightly but as you've probably read the hdp is said to have great synergy with the hdp and this preference for highs is probably a factor. It's a good Dac/Amp combo and I really enjoy using it.
I asked around the general headphone advice thread but nobody helped me out so I guess I should come here. How is the HD650 with RPG music? Stuff like FFVII-X, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc.
Honestly, if it's not insanely speedy, the HD650 will work for almost all types of music. RPG music should fit just fine.
I think my next DAC/amp will be the Audio-gd NFB-10se. Apparently it sounds like the Lyr with the HD650, but more detailed and better overall. And it's solid state. And it's $500, within my budget, especially if I sell my NFB12. I may not upgrade in a while though because the NFB12 is good enough I think for a while, and I'm not looking to upgrade to an HD800 for probably a year at least.
Also, everyone seems to say it drives LCD2s, HD650s, HE500s, etc. with ease and "pretty much as good as any high end rig more or less". Then my next upgrade on this path will be something like the HD800, which I'll then be ready for :). On the downside, it seems bordering too powerful for anything less than 300 ohms, with only the very lowest sound settings within bearable volumes.. hmm.
I'm really surprised that it seems asking for dac/amp suggestions here gives so little variety of SS suggestions - not that I'm blaming anyone here for not being all-knowing because everyone was really helpful who replied... but rather I mean I don't know why those with the NFB10se and HD650 don't speak up. Maybe they're too busy with their HD800s :P
Edited by ac500 - 12/18/11 at 6:13pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 8 seconds ago
- › Do Cooper wires vs Silver wires vs Stock wires matter ? 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear