Awesome. Before you get them though, I must know, what amp will you be using? And remember to pick up the Silver driver HD650's. The updated ones are a lot better, while the old ones sound quite boring and veiled.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol am so eager to try new combinations
and since i have one month break from my university, i figured it is a good time to do anything before we get back to studying
Speaking of albums that sound great through the HD650 -
I stopped listening to REM after UP but this compilation is a great reminder of why they've been so influential. The tracks are ordered chronologically and the first disc is killer. It wanes a bit with the later tracks on disc 2, though overall the collection is a great reflection of their progression as a band. A stunning body of work.
Big fan myself, I was in school at University of Georgia from 1980-1984 and saw REM many times at the 40 Watt Club and the B&L warehouse that were local bars in town back then. I've got their first 3 albums on vinyl and then we all switched to CD. After all of it (I own all of their recordings) I still consider the original 5 song EP my favorite "album" and favorite 5 songs. That compilation is a great collection, I should know!
How can you tell who sells which?
Yes. Always go for an AD. I got mine from an AD and it was the silver drivers. Almost never buy them used unless the user has proof of the silver screen casting.
Hey Hamoor, I own the hdp and find it impressive. I don't own the 650s yet but I do own the 555s. To me the hdp accentuates instrument separation and clarity. Overall I'd say it prefers the highs to lows just slightly but as you've probably read the hdp is said to have great synergy with the hdp and this preference for highs is probably a factor. It's a good Dac/Amp combo and I really enjoy using it.
I asked around the general headphone advice thread but nobody helped me out so I guess I should come here. How is the HD650 with RPG music? Stuff like FFVII-X, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc.
Honestly, if it's not insanely speedy, the HD650 will work for almost all types of music. RPG music should fit just fine.
I think my next DAC/amp will be the Audio-gd NFB-10se. Apparently it sounds like the Lyr with the HD650, but more detailed and better overall. And it's solid state. And it's $500, within my budget, especially if I sell my NFB12. I may not upgrade in a while though because the NFB12 is good enough I think for a while, and I'm not looking to upgrade to an HD800 for probably a year at least.
Also, everyone seems to say it drives LCD2s, HD650s, HE500s, etc. with ease and "pretty much as good as any high end rig more or less". Then my next upgrade on this path will be something like the HD800, which I'll then be ready for :). On the downside, it seems bordering too powerful for anything less than 300 ohms, with only the very lowest sound settings within bearable volumes.. hmm.
I'm really surprised that it seems asking for dac/amp suggestions here gives so little variety of SS suggestions - not that I'm blaming anyone here for not being all-knowing because everyone was really helpful who replied... but rather I mean I don't know why those with the NFB10se and HD650 don't speak up. Maybe they're too busy with their HD800s :P
Edited by ac500 - 12/18/11 at 6:13pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 9 seconds ago
- › New Portable Amp - "Pocket Class A" by xrk971 - now available as... 18 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 55 seconds ago
- › Lavricables 14 core pure silver cable for HD 800 with Furutech... 1 minute ago
- › What hardware do I need to access TIDAL's music streaming service? 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear