I'm not really sure. I haven't delved into the tube-rolling fun as of yet and hopefully that will change after delivery of my CTH, but for now you are better off posting that in the Woo Audio Amp Owner's Unite thread or making a thread about Mullard/Telefunkens in the Headphone Amps section -- Skylab or someone else who knows a lot of tubes will jump in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 340
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try and get some experience with tube amps....this generalization is just silly. Tube amps cans sound vastly different based on design (OTL vs Transformer coupled), tubes used, transformer design, circuitry, etc...
4 years ago when I started Medical school in the great white north, I discovered a small audio shop just across the street from me. I walked in, unassuming and naive, and quietly began to browse. The shop attendant looked at me and noticed my white apple earphones around my neck and told me to try some headphones on. He put a pair of 595 senns around my ears and I was completely blown away. My jaw literally dropped and he just laughed at me. I was in sonic bliss and revelled in the detail, separation of instruments, and the splendour of the soundstage that left me feeling like I was 10 rows from the front of the stage. I proceeded to demo the 30 other hi end headphones they had there and was never the same.
Immediately after that visit, I could never wear my apple earphones again, and I started reading up on threads at head-fi that lead me from curiosity to obsession. Every now and then, I would go back into the shop, sit down and listen to music for an hour or two. I never bought anything, cause I couldn't afford it, but the shop owner didn't seem to mind. He just kept feeding me new stuff. Almost 2 years ago, he got a pair of hd 650's and I fell in love. I rarely would try on another headphone. This was the one for me. Almost 4 years since my first visit, I walked into the audio shop yesterday and bought my first true headphones, the 650 senns. The shop keeper said it was about time. I agree.
I haven't listend to them yet (pure torture!) because i'm waiting for my nuforce icon hdp to come i. But when I do, i'll be glad to officially join the head-fi community.
On the subject of tube amps, I see Woo Audio offers both transformer coupled and output transformer less tube amps. Is there any benefit to having or not having output transformers in tube amps?
Welcome to Head-Fi CanadianBacon! I'd suggest you don't deprive yourself any longer and start listening to your HD650. A better source and amp will benefit it greatly, but the magic that Sennheiser have tapped into will still be evident direct from your pc/laptop/ipod.
Agreed, get listening! If you need an excuse, you're burning them in in preparation for your Icon.
Congrats. . .it must be a big day for you. I'm happy for you.
Ah, just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the link.
I wouldn't say light years. The D7000 is a very nice headphone and is a very good competitor to the HD650, in better ways as well.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone 5 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 42 seconds ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Closed Back Portable Options 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC and AMP for Desktop 2 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 (Free shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear