I'm not really sure. I haven't delved into the tube-rolling fun as of yet and hopefully that will change after delivery of my CTH, but for now you are better off posting that in the Woo Audio Amp Owner's Unite thread or making a thread about Mullard/Telefunkens in the Headphone Amps section -- Skylab or someone else who knows a lot of tubes will jump in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 12:09 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 340
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try and get some experience with tube amps....this generalization is just silly. Tube amps cans sound vastly different based on design (OTL vs Transformer coupled), tubes used, transformer design, circuitry, etc...
4 years ago when I started Medical school in the great white north, I discovered a small audio shop just across the street from me. I walked in, unassuming and naive, and quietly began to browse. The shop attendant looked at me and noticed my white apple earphones around my neck and told me to try some headphones on. He put a pair of 595 senns around my ears and I was completely blown away. My jaw literally dropped and he just laughed at me. I was in sonic bliss and revelled in the detail, separation of instruments, and the splendour of the soundstage that left me feeling like I was 10 rows from the front of the stage. I proceeded to demo the 30 other hi end headphones they had there and was never the same.
Immediately after that visit, I could never wear my apple earphones again, and I started reading up on threads at head-fi that lead me from curiosity to obsession. Every now and then, I would go back into the shop, sit down and listen to music for an hour or two. I never bought anything, cause I couldn't afford it, but the shop owner didn't seem to mind. He just kept feeding me new stuff. Almost 2 years ago, he got a pair of hd 650's and I fell in love. I rarely would try on another headphone. This was the one for me. Almost 4 years since my first visit, I walked into the audio shop yesterday and bought my first true headphones, the 650 senns. The shop keeper said it was about time. I agree.
I haven't listend to them yet (pure torture!) because i'm waiting for my nuforce icon hdp to come i. But when I do, i'll be glad to officially join the head-fi community.
On the subject of tube amps, I see Woo Audio offers both transformer coupled and output transformer less tube amps. Is there any benefit to having or not having output transformers in tube amps?
Welcome to Head-Fi CanadianBacon! I'd suggest you don't deprive yourself any longer and start listening to your HD650. A better source and amp will benefit it greatly, but the magic that Sennheiser have tapped into will still be evident direct from your pc/laptop/ipod.
Agreed, get listening! If you need an excuse, you're burning them in in preparation for your Icon.
Congrats. . .it must be a big day for you. I'm happy for you.
Ah, just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the link.
I wouldn't say light years. The D7000 is a very nice headphone and is a very good competitor to the HD650, in better ways as well.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 32 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › ALO USB cables 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear