or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 34

post #496 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradofan2 View Post
Then don't.

It seems like "logic" eludes you!

As I said... "one more time"... IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE - none at all!

All you really need do... is make sure you get the Senns with the white/silver colored fabric covering the driver baffles - and you're certain to get... a GREAT SOUNDING SET OF PHONES!

And... as I also said... get the Senns with the black silk fabric covering the driver baffles - if you like the "veiled," dark, slow, laid-back sound of the "older" Senns.

There now... can you understand that any better?

Its not only clear and easily understood... but... it is "logical."
Sorry man... I really cant understand you...

I am very slow... I will let you, brilliant man, to continue your good work here... I need to spend some time in some more humble and easy stuff... Do my research for multiple dimensions in asymmetrical system organization for my PhD thesis for example... I leave you with the hard stuff... have fun...
post #497 of 36844
Some info on why HD650 sound the way the do, and not like HD600.
Amazon.com: Serious Audio Engineer's review of Sennheiser HD650 Audiophile Open Dynamic S...
(Read the first comment)
If someone feels that making HD650 sound like HD600 is an improvement, well, Pucker has more kick than vintage wine too.
post #498 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradofan2 View Post

All you really need do... is make sure you get the Senns with the white/silver colored fabric covering the driver baffles - and you're certain to get... a GREAT SOUNDING SET OF PHONES!

And... as I also said... get the Senns with the black silk fabric covering the driver baffles - if you like the "veiled," dark, slow, laid-back sound of the "older" Senns.
**************************************
Ok I am in the market for a set of very good headphones for my HT. I will use these headphones when i can not use my 7.1 sound system. I watch manly movies in HD audio (BD/HD) . It is now looking like the HD650 offers me what i want. As close to what i get from my speaker's and sub.
That being said I take from what you are saying about the fabric black silk is from the older models and has never been used for the HD650. Only the white/silver colored fabric.
btw what do you think of these HP for what i want to use them for?
************************************************8
post #499 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradofan2 View Post
Yes... check out the "old" vs "new" version thead - more than you want to know.

Just be sure you get the HD650s with the white/silver metalic looking fabric covering the driver baffles, rather than the black silk looking fabric - you can see it from the outside through the screens/grills. Most all new HD650s since ~12/06 have been the "new" version.

The "real deal" right now is from B&H Photo, or J&R Electronics with the $50 rebate - net price is $280.
yep i stumbled on on that deal last night when i ordered from JR. I am hoping that i get the white/silver metalic looking fabric or if not back they go

btw do you think Sennheiser will except two paper cups with a string tied to the bottom of each cup as my old headphones so i can get the rebate.
post #500 of 36844
I have been reading about the Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier. I have a Onkyo TX-SR705A/V to plug in my new HD650. My question is why is this so much better than just using my Onkyo. I will use this for my HD audio from BD/HD disc (movies) and my HD650s. I am trying to learn.

btw i saw someone saying these can be had for $420 US shipping included. Can you give me a link were to buy.
post #501 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I have been reading about the Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier. I have a Onkyo TX-SR705A/V to plug in my new HD650. My question is why is this so much better than just using my Onkyo. I will use this for my HD audio from BD/HD disc (movies) and my HD650s. I am trying to learn.

btw i saw someone saying these can be had for $420 US shipping included. Can you give me a link were to buy.
Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier(2007new version) - eBay (item 250187205980 end time Aug-09-08 02:58:19 PDT)

Make him an offer of about 340 if you want it for 420 shipped, some people have reported getting it even lower offers but that's what I paid for mine.

The Darkvoice 332 has amazing synergy with the HD650, meaning it's sound signature combines with the HD650's sound signature to make something really magical IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind though is that you really need to replace the stock tubes to make the DV332 sound it's best so make sure to factor that into the overall cost of the amp, take a look at the 332 thread for individual tube recommendations and impressions.


Finally showing my appreciation for HD650 in this thread... I freaking love em!!! I just blew 4 more minds tonight that I pulled aside at a family party.
post #502 of 36844
Davis from Lowfat (sp?) Site is a dealer. He quoted me $410 to US, but outside of eb@y. You can also submit a best offer to Jasmine - people have reported getting accepted offers for total of $420 shipped
post #503 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodduska View Post
Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier(2007new version) - eBay (item 250187205980 end time Aug-09-08 02:58:19 PDT)

Make him an offer of about 340 if you want it for 420 shipped, some people have reported getting it even lower offers but that's what I paid for mine.

The Darkvoice 332 has amazing synergy with the HD650, meaning it's sound signature combines with the HD650's sound signature to make something really magical IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind though is that you really need to replace the stock tubes to make the DV332 sound it's best so make sure to factor that into the overall cost of the amp, take a look at the 332 thread for individual tube recommendations and impressions.


Finally showing my appreciation for HD650 in this thread... I freaking love em!!! I just blew 4 more minds tonight that I pulled aside at a family party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch39 View Post
Davis from Lowfat (sp?) Site is a dealer. He quoted me $410 to US, but outside of eb@y. You can also submit a best offer to Jasmine - people have reported getting accepted offers for total of $420 shipped
Thank you both for your reply's. if you guys ever come over to AVS USA and need help with calibration, Plasma TVs and HT, Bd players PM me and i will do my best to help.
post #504 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Thank you both for your reply's. if you guys ever come over to AVS USA and need help with calibration, Plasma TVs and HT, Bd players PM me and i will do my best to help.
Youre welcome, but I just noticed in the 332 thread that it seems Jasmine's darkvoice 332 120Volt version is temporarily out of stock.
post #505 of 36844
I gotta say I absolutely love my HD-650's, they really do everything well. I don't get where people say they are not great rock cans, this is what I mainly use them for, and I think they are great. They pair especially well with my Maxxed HR Desktop and RSA Raptor.
post #506 of 36844
I just ordered a pair of HD-650's from HeadRoom. Thanks HeadRoom guys and gals. Good deal, especially with that rebate.

I can't wait to hear them.
post #507 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I have been reading about the Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier. I have a Onkyo TX-SR705A/V to plug in my new HD650. My question is why is this so much better than just using my Onkyo. I will use this for my HD audio from BD/HD disc (movies) and my HD650s. I am trying to learn.

btw i saw someone saying these can be had for $420 US shipping included. Can you give me a link were to buy.
I have the JVC top of the line RX-DP10V amp with 7 completely discrete power amps and totally separte cirucit boards and power cirucits for analog and digital sound. My headphone output has plenty of power for running my HD650s as loud as I want them.
That being said, I also have the Darkvoice 332 and absoutely would never again plug in my 650s without it. The overall improvement in sound is simple amazing. Every aspect of the sound is improved from detail, to soundstage to power depth to sound texture. I have never experienced a pairing betwen headphone and amp that seemed more "made in heaven" with the single exception of the marriage between the various Stax phones and amps.
post #508 of 36844
Good luck trying to get a Darkvoice 332 from Jasmine today at anywhere near $420 shipped. I got mine about a week ago and ended up paying $450 shipped. I considered it a great deal considering the weakness of the dollar today. You can try offering less but you will probably be rejected or ignored. Sometimes Alexander responds to low ball offers sometimes he just lets them expire. So if you want one any time soon I would offer him something like $370 (I doubt the $80 shipping to the U.S. is negotiable.)
As of last week the 110 volt version was very much in stock. I got one in 4 days no problem.
post #509 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodduska View Post
Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier(2007new version) - eBay (item 250187205980 end time Aug-09-08 02:58:19 PDT)

Make him an offer of about 340 if you want it for 420 shipped, some people have reported getting it even lower offers but that's what I paid for mine.

The Darkvoice 332 has amazing synergy with the HD650, meaning it's sound signature combines with the HD650's sound signature to make something really magical IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind though is that you really need to replace the stock tubes to make the DV332 sound it's best so make sure to factor that into the overall cost of the amp, take a look at the 332 thread for individual tube recommendations and impressions.


Finally showing my appreciation for HD650 in this thread... I freaking love em!!! I just blew 4 more minds tonight that I pulled aside at a family party.
From my experience with the HD650s paired with the Darkvoice 332 I can believe your story about the response you got at the party. The only pairing that I currently have the is probably slightly ahead of them is my Stax rig. But it is very, very close for overall sound experience.
I have only had my Darkvoice for about a week and am looking to upgrade the stock tubes. What do you suggest?
post #510 of 36844

Darkvoice 332

I have now had my Senn HD650 paired with my new Darkvoice 332 for about a week. Still totally in love with the pairing. It prob gets about 75% of my listening time which surprises me a little since my other 2 primary rigs are a Stax Lambda 323 pairing and the Shure SE530s.
I have spent a little time fine tuning the amp. If anyone out there has tube suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.
One thing I have noticed is some hum from the amp no matter what source I use. In my experience, all tube amps have a small amount of backround "hum" built in. A small price you pay for tubes. They have a slight tendency to "vibrate". Since the 332 came stock with tube vibration dampeners I was a little disappoinited in the suble hum in quiet passages or when I simply turned the amp way up with no source running.
What I have found is that the 332 is extremely sensitive to the type and quality of RCA interconnects that you use. I have experimented with 3 different sets and am currently using a set of excellent JIB interconnects. The hum has virtually disappeared completely.
Next I plan to isolate the power cable.
It is amazing how much difference the "small things" can make in good audio setup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread