or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 282

post #4216 of 36831

Yep, very useful - I didn't even know you could remove the back like that.

 

Hmm. I think my HD 650's are addictive. Over time it does almost seem like they're sounding better. Probably more psychological adaption than burn-in though, but who knows. Hmm... I should buy another HD 650 and do a double-blind :) (nah I'm not that wasteful with my money... yet).

 

Also, I don't know how people can call them veiled. I was watching Tron Legacy blu-ray (great quality sound, sounds perfect on HD 650s), and really high tones like glass/metal clinking together for example sounds stunningly crystal clear. Maybe what people refer to is the boosted mid-bass, which perhaps distracts some people too much?


Edited by ac500 - 8/21/11 at 11:06pm
post #4217 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac500 View Post

<snip>

 

Also, I don't know how people can call them veiled.

 

<snip>


It really depends on what you're comparing them to.  They could be considered veiled relative to the 701s, for instance.

 

post #4218 of 36831

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac500 View Post

Also, I don't know how people can call them veiled.

 

You must have missed the hundreds of posts where everyone says the old version were veiled but not the new ones. 

post #4219 of 36831

and also the hundreds of posts where people could hear no difference between the old and new version...they were probably comparing old used headphones against newer less used ones..

post #4220 of 36831

Yeah, I have the pre white mesh version and they have excellent clarity throughout the spectrum (and compete well with the DT-990s for being a very versatile headphone, the DT-990s have their own cool sound going on and are exceedingly comfortable though). There's a gentle mid-bass emphasis on the HD-650 but I love it, makes them well suited for cross-genre listening. They're fine for quiet-to-others movie watching, as well, with Dolby Headphone and virtualization they can challenge my home theater setup for supremacy for watching movies :)

post #4221 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post

and also the hundreds of posts where people could hear no difference between the old and new version...they were probably comparing old used headphones against newer less used ones..



FWIW,  Sennheiser also claims there is no difference in the sound.

post #4222 of 36831

Or missed the hundreds of posts that say they can sound veiled if they are under-amp'ed. rolleyes.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

Quote:

 

You must have missed the hundreds of posts where everyone says the old version were veiled but not the new ones. 



 

post #4223 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post



FWIW,  Sennheiser also claims there is no difference in the sound.


Just like Beyer claims there's no difference among the T1s, which you know isn't true. They're just trying to save themselves the hassle and repercussions of admitting.

 

post #4224 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post

Just like Beyer claims there's no difference among the T1s, which you know isn't true. They're just trying to save themselves the hassle and repercussions of admitting.

 

 

They are not the same.


The difference between the T-1s is not desirable and is in fact a defect.  The difference between the Sennheisers is considered, (by those who claim to hear it), to be an upgrade.   I can see why Beyer wouldn't want to admit to selling defective T-1s, but why wouldn't Sennheiser want to advertise an upgrade that would get them more sales?

 

post #4225 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post



 

They are not the same.


The difference between the T-1s is not desirable and is in fact a defect.  The difference between the Sennheisers is considered, (by those who claim to hear it), to be an upgrade.   I can see why Beyer wouldn't want to admit to selling defective T-1s, but why wouldn't Sennheiser want to advertise an upgrade that would get them more sales?

 


By admitting they changed the drivers, they would de-value the older ones and alienate/upset old customers, especially if they weren't willing to have a trade-in system in place.

 

post #4226 of 36831

What differences is there among the T1's?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post




Just like Beyer claims there's no difference among the T1s, which you know isn't true. They're just trying to save themselves the hassle and repercussions of admitting.

 



 

post #4227 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

What differences is there among the T1's?


 

 

USG claims some are brighter/leaner than others. This is a discussion for the T1 thread so I won't go further OT.
 

 

post #4228 of 36831

BOOM! <3 my HD-650's.

post #4229 of 36831


Bienvenue dans le'Club Dancingpotato! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpotato View Post

    Well the HD650 appreciation club just got another member !!!!     L3000.gif

 

Absolutely open 3D sound !!!! Beautifully sculpted and detailed holographic like experience !!!!

No veiled sound here ... quite to the contrary !!!!!

 

   Using it from my MingDa MC84-CO7 <------- Grant Fidelity Dac-09 (tube out)  <--------- USB PC (Foobar 2000/Asio4All v210)

 

                beerchug.gif



 

post #4230 of 36831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post

By admitting they changed the drivers, they would de-value the older ones and alienate/upset old customers, especially if they weren't willing to have a trade-in system in place.

 


Just the opposite could be argued.  Now they are using 595 drivers (to cut their costs), instead of the original 650 drivers.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by K-MONEY View Post

BOOM! <3 my HD-650's.


Enjoy !!!!!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread