Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 2519

post #37771 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

2 years ago, I've read topics on this site about the Focal Spirit Pro and NAD Viso HP50 saying they're ''extremely clear and neutral''. Well, when I got them and listened to them, I thought the people in those topics were joking.

 

Like even to my inexperienced ears, they sounded WAY too dark to be neutral.

 

It seems like I have the opposite expierence with the HD 650 ;p

 

The HD 650 is a neutral headphone as the treble dip isn't that much. I believe the problem people are hearing is the lack of speed and clarity of the drivers (because the Shure SE846 doesn't have this problem despite having more treble roll off with also a bigger bass on the Chord Mojo).


Edited by ubs28 - Today at 10:58 am
post #37772 of 37780
The HD650 sounds fast and clear on Mimby > Jotunheim > balanced out.
post #37773 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebefrank View Post

The HD650 sounds fast and clear on Mimby > Jotunheim > balanced out.

I had no problem at all with speed and clarity on my Geek Out 450

post #37774 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebefrank View Post

The HD650 sounds fast and clear on Mimby > Jotunheim > balanced out.

 

You'll hear it next to high-end headphones as they are faster and clearer. But it's not a bad thing as it gives the HD 650 the forgiving and smooth sound that it is known for.

post #37775 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs28 View Post
 

 

You'll hear it next to high-end headphones as they are faster and clearer. But it's not a bad thing as it gives the HD 650 the forgiving and smooth sound that it is known for.

 

Totally :D

 

Some records have errors that if rendered clealy might make that music less enjoyable. This is an often met problem and HD650 is truly forgiving of such problems sometimes. 

post #37776 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebefrank View Post

The HD650 sounds fast and clear on Mimby > Jotunheim > balanced out.

As @ubs28 noted compared to most planars and other dynamics like the HD700, HD800 and T1 the HD650 is not fast and clear but it just this trait that makes them sound so good with some genres and when you just want to relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

I had no problem at all with speed and clarity on my Geek Out 450

Even with a bright amp like a Asgard2 the HD650 is not fast and clear as HE400i, its the sound signature of the HD650 that is very mellow and forgiving of sub par recording 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs28 View Post
 

 

You'll hear it next to high-end headphones as they are faster and clearer. But it's not a bad thing as it gives the HD 650 the forgiving and smooth sound that it is known for.

Agree with you here.

post #37777 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrescu George View Post
 

 

Totally :D

 

Some records have errors that if rendered clealy might make that music less enjoyable. This is an often met problem and HD650 is truly forgiving of such problems sometimes. 

Absolutely correct. The HD650 is great with indie rock albums.

post #37778 of 37780

Reading a bunch of comments about 650 being "slow" and not "fast and clear."  What are some cans that are "fast and clear" but still have a warm tonality like 650?  Also, can a can be "slow and clear" and if so, what are some examples?

post #37779 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyListener View Post
 

Reading a bunch of comments about 650 being "slow" and not "fast and clear."  What are some cans that are "fast and clear" but still have a warm tonality like 650?  Also, can a can be "slow and clear" and if so, what are some examples?

LCD-2.2, EL8, and PS500e are three that I've heard so far, there may be others

post #37780 of 37780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyListener View Post
 

Reading a bunch of comments about 650 being "slow" and not "fast and clear."  What are some cans that are "fast and clear" but still have a warm tonality like 650?  Also, can a can be "slow and clear" and if so, what are some examples?


PS500, LCD-2.2. Fast, relatively clear, and rich in the mids (my synonym for "warm").

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread