Holy cow, ambient music is just incredible with these.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 249
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wouldn't really consider them ambient, but Deadmau5 sounds great through 650s. What ambient music do you enjoy through yours?
Will do eventually. Some have reported changes with the rev.2, so I'll leave the Orange Globes in place to track the burn in progression if it occurs.
Edit: Scratch that. I don't have the patience to try perceiving minute changes. Just rolled some 60's Bugle Boys. Um, yeah. Wow.
Edited by olor1n - 7/18/11 at 4:39am
well Pickle I have to ask, what about Tim Heidecker's new album?
Congrats on your new phones Mr pickle!
Yeah ambient music does sound great on them, big warm soundstage,perfect. Try some aphex twin marvelous!
I'm happy with my Sennheiser HD650. He has given me many hours of good hearing.
But I'm thinking of upgrading to the HD800.
My equipment is:
CDPlayer Rega Planet 2000
Digital Cable Black Cat Veloce
Musical Fidelity V-DAC moded
Van den Hul RCA Cable
Amp Little Dot MK IV SE
Anything Tim Heidecker does would sound great, even on stock iPod headphones.
Just got my HD 650's today from amazon and i gotta say these things are incredible. I previously had hd 555's and the difference is very noticeable. Currently running the 650's through a xonar STX at the extra high gain setting.
Wouldn't have thought so, the foam pads aren't attached so that you can replace them
I finally realized after listening to so many different headphones, $100 pairs to $5000 i still realized that, i still love my sennheiser hd650s. i have never heard another headphone that can produce detailed but heavy bass like the sennheiser hd650s. Even though the sound is a little laid back, i still love them. i tried the grado sr325is and i just didnt like the sound[/quote]
For the money they charge for their 800s for instance, it's inconceivable that Sennheiser would go for a cable that gave them anything less than the exact sound signature they were looking for.....
And I think the same applies to the 650s.
Bought in "Sennheiser" volume bulk, cables are just not that expensive.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › New launch - iFi audio iSILENCER3.0 4 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 49 seconds ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear