Holy cow, ambient music is just incredible with these.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 249
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wouldn't really consider them ambient, but Deadmau5 sounds great through 650s. What ambient music do you enjoy through yours?
Will do eventually. Some have reported changes with the rev.2, so I'll leave the Orange Globes in place to track the burn in progression if it occurs.
Edit: Scratch that. I don't have the patience to try perceiving minute changes. Just rolled some 60's Bugle Boys. Um, yeah. Wow.
Edited by olor1n - 7/18/11 at 4:39am
well Pickle I have to ask, what about Tim Heidecker's new album?
Congrats on your new phones Mr pickle!
Yeah ambient music does sound great on them, big warm soundstage,perfect. Try some aphex twin marvelous!
I'm happy with my Sennheiser HD650. He has given me many hours of good hearing.
But I'm thinking of upgrading to the HD800.
My equipment is:
CDPlayer Rega Planet 2000
Digital Cable Black Cat Veloce
Musical Fidelity V-DAC moded
Van den Hul RCA Cable
Amp Little Dot MK IV SE
Anything Tim Heidecker does would sound great, even on stock iPod headphones.
Just got my HD 650's today from amazon and i gotta say these things are incredible. I previously had hd 555's and the difference is very noticeable. Currently running the 650's through a xonar STX at the extra high gain setting.
Wouldn't have thought so, the foam pads aren't attached so that you can replace them
I finally realized after listening to so many different headphones, $100 pairs to $5000 i still realized that, i still love my sennheiser hd650s. i have never heard another headphone that can produce detailed but heavy bass like the sennheiser hd650s. Even though the sound is a little laid back, i still love them. i tried the grado sr325is and i just didnt like the sound[/quote]
For the money they charge for their 800s for instance, it's inconceivable that Sennheiser would go for a cable that gave them anything less than the exact sound signature they were looking for.....
And I think the same applies to the 650s.
Bought in "Sennheiser" volume bulk, cables are just not that expensive.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 44 seconds ago
- › Prog rock 54 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 56 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 1 minute ago
- › FS: Custom maxed-out LM3886 GainClone with Regulated PSU (Great... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Closed back headphones suggestions? 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear