Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 229

post #3421 of 19763

If you guys looking for a HD 650 upgrade cable got one for sale, if anyone interested pm me. 

post #3422 of 19763

guys it isnt really that hard to diy a hd6x0 cable. all thats needed is just an iron (small tip), requisite cardas connectors (parts connexion @$14/pr+shipping) + another as little as $15 & up in materials & one can have a more than decent aftrmkt cable which is much much better than stock.

 

FWIW i did one with 2m of cryo mogami & i cant say im not pleased. sounds fab & cost me a whole <$40. plus the satisfaction of enjoyings ones own handiwork is priceless. for me, hardest part of all this diy'in is figuring out which is the best cable to use.

 

that said, Zombie_X's recable service seems an excellent choice & IMO a better alternative to ebays nonames.

 

 


Edited by scottiebabie - 6/13/11 at 8:34pm
post #3423 of 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

Quote:

 

You dodged a bullet.  tongue.gif  I'm with you on the LCD-2s or HE-500s being the logical upgrade path.

 

I'll do my best to describe what changes I find when I get the HE-500s in a month or so.  

 

Well you should have a listen to the HE-500's before you buy them (unless you have) because I just listened to a pair that a friend had while his HE-6's are out for repair and the 1st thing I said was," these HE-500's sound a lot like my HD-650's"......Only The 650's (to me) sounded better and way more comfortable!   But, remember to each their own........I'll take my HD-800's over any can, and use my HD-650's as back ups any day.
 

 

post #3424 of 19763

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube View Post

Well you should have a listen to the HE-500's before you buy them (unless you have) because I just listened to a pair that a friend had while his HE-6's are out for repair and the 1st thing I said was," these HE-500's sound a lot like my HD-650's"......Only The 650's (to me) sounded better and way more comfortable!   But, remember to each their own........I'll take my HD-800's over any can, and use my HD-650's as back ups any day.
 

 

I have.  I gave them a 10-15 minute listen alone at a mini-meet w/ a WA6-SE a month or so ago.  I'm mostly buying them because my 5LEs are too demanding amplifier-wise, I would rather swing an extra $200-300 to have a similar sound but not as high-maintence pair of cans.  


Edited by sphinxvc - 6/14/11 at 2:13pm
post #3425 of 19763

The original cable is the limitation of it.  Recable it  with ZU2 calbe, you will get a great upgrade!

post #3426 of 19763
The original cable isn't as bad as it's made out to be imo. To me it merely presents a different sound akin to tube/opamp rolling (although more subtle). It's a colder, brighter sound compared to the balance, low end refinement and added width of my DHC molecule.

Listen carefully to the primary components in your chain. Address issues there before investing in aftermarket cables (particularly the costly boutique brands). It should be expected to refine what's produced upstream, not drastically change it.
post #3427 of 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

Listen carefully to the primary components in your chain. Address issues there before investing in aftermarket cables (particularly the costly boutique brands). It should be expected to refine what's produced upstream, not drastically change it.


cant say i can disagree with that. however for me, an aftermarket diy cable is the cheapest & easiest way to a 650 upgrade. & indeed, the cryo mogami cable whilst not night & day, provided a significant & easily discernable upgrade interms of more transparency, articulation & dynamics. not a bad sub $40 investment IMO - for sure i cant say the same for the multi hundreds boutique versions.

 

post #3428 of 19763

Old version vs new version question, please.

 

I bought the HD650 from J & R couple months ago, How do I know mine is new or old version?  I heard about the black vs, silver lining behind the drivers from the old vs the new version but do know how to look for it.

 

My HD 650 does not sound dark or veil as most people have complaint.

 

Just curious if which version I bought.

post #3429 of 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

Old version vs new version question, please.

 

I bought the HD650 from J & R couple months ago, How do I know mine is new or old version?  I heard about the black vs, silver lining behind the drivers from the old vs the new version but do know how to look for it.

 

My HD 650 does not sound dark or veil as most people have complaint.

 

Just curious if which version I bought.


http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/380441/new-vs-old-hd650#post_4981585
post #3430 of 19763

Just bought a SAA equinox cable off the FS/FT section, and it arrived yesterday :)

 

The irony is that I still don't have an HD650 to make it happy. They are so hard to find!

post #3431 of 19763

What is this bass in HD650? it's sooo gooood. 

post #3432 of 19763

My HD650's just came today.  Listening to them now!  They're pretty fantastic, and completely different from my DT990's.  

post #3433 of 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahm519 View Post

My HD650's just came today.  Listening to them now!  They're pretty fantastic, and completely different from my DT990's.  



Wich one do you prefer (between HD650 and DT990) ??? I' have HD650 and I'm thinking to buy a DT990.

post #3434 of 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeschi View Post


Wich one do you prefer (between HD650 and DT990) ??? I' have HD650 and I'm thinking to buy a DT990.


I sold 2 different versions of the DT990s for the HD650s. The Beyers were my first high-end cans, so they had a special place in my system. As much as I enjoyed some aspects of the Beyer sound, the Senns were just better technically and possessed a more natural tone.

 

post #3435 of 19763

Quote:
Originally Posted by boirefish View Post

Just bought a SAA equinox cable off the FS/FT section, and it arrived yesterday :)

 

The irony is that I still don't have an HD650 to make it happy. They are so hard to find!

boirefish, Can you get Amazon to send you some........ I got mine from them Cheaper then anybody had them 2 yrs ago???? I hope you find yours soon... I'd sell you mine because as I said, "I really enjoy the HD800's with my system", BUT the HD650's are just to great sounding as a back-up pr. for me to even consider selling them.........(Now I'm starting to sound like the LCD-2 and HE-6 guy's)!!! Sorry.....
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread