NFB10ES on the way hardtarget666? Impressions here please when you get it! Kingwa recommended the WM to me for a balanced HD650 setup, so it'll be interesting to see how your "limited edition" ES pairs with the HD650.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 1:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're coming from the MS-1i and M50? Like Me! High five!
Don't know about the millet but give the HD650 enough juice and prepare for awesome. The HD650 is like a mash up of both cans. It has the mids of the MS-1i but with more texture and the bass of the M50 but deeper and less pronounced, more realistic. It's kind of a sweet midpoint between the two but with a wider soundstage.
Edited by olor1n - 12/31/10 at 8:24pm
Where did you oder your 650s?
On Ebay, from RazorDog Deals, highly recommended!
e7+e9 combo..i'm a poor college kid but i can't complain :)
Evening folks, I have about $500 to spend on an amp and DAC. What combination would do them justice?
Thanks in advance. :)
[e] I've been looking at Headamp's Pico DAC/amp combo, for $500, but I've been told elsewhere that it may not be the best fit with the HD650.
Edited by Lantrino - 1/1/11 at 3:31pm
HD 650s don't require much. My E7/E9 pairs with them quite well.
However, if you plan on moving beyond the HD 650s, you may want to buy a cheaper HRT Streamer and preorder the Schiit Lyr (amp). I can't think of anything the Lyr wouldn't drive appropriately. You can then later update the DAC if you want.
It'll put you about $100 over budget - the HRT Streamer is $130-$150 and the preorder for the Lyr is $449. Also, the Lyr won't ship till March. Lastly, no one but the Schiits at Schiit have heard the Lyr yet.
I haven't heard the Pico - but if you have portables to drive, the E7 is a portable amp as well as a DAC.
I'm not really too concerned about portability. The HD650s, to me, are something that belong at home connected to my laptop (which I guess is technically portable, but you get my meaning :P). I'm just a bit worried about skimping on the cost of the amp/DAC... these are headphones that are definitely going to expose such skimping.
The Pico is also a portable unit. You can use it as a USB DAC/amp, or a standalone portable amp with a 3.5mm input. I quite enjoyed this paired with the HD600 when I briefly had some time with them at a friend's place.
E7 + E9 combo is more affordable, and allows for the possibility of using the E9 amp with a separate DAC if you ever decide to in the future. The E9 is a dedicated desktop amp, so it ought to have more juice to power the more demanding headphones. But I have not used this myself, so I'll not comment further.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 8 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 8 minutes ago
- › The 3 heavy weights and other audio myths... Abyss VS Utopia VS... 9 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear