NFB10ES on the way hardtarget666? Impressions here please when you get it! Kingwa recommended the WM to me for a balanced HD650 setup, so it'll be interesting to see how your "limited edition" ES pairs with the HD650.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're coming from the MS-1i and M50? Like Me! High five!
Don't know about the millet but give the HD650 enough juice and prepare for awesome. The HD650 is like a mash up of both cans. It has the mids of the MS-1i but with more texture and the bass of the M50 but deeper and less pronounced, more realistic. It's kind of a sweet midpoint between the two but with a wider soundstage.
Edited by olor1n - 12/31/10 at 8:24pm
Where did you oder your 650s?
On Ebay, from RazorDog Deals, highly recommended!
e7+e9 combo..i'm a poor college kid but i can't complain :)
Evening folks, I have about $500 to spend on an amp and DAC. What combination would do them justice?
Thanks in advance. :)
[e] I've been looking at Headamp's Pico DAC/amp combo, for $500, but I've been told elsewhere that it may not be the best fit with the HD650.
Edited by Lantrino - 1/1/11 at 3:31pm
HD 650s don't require much. My E7/E9 pairs with them quite well.
However, if you plan on moving beyond the HD 650s, you may want to buy a cheaper HRT Streamer and preorder the Schiit Lyr (amp). I can't think of anything the Lyr wouldn't drive appropriately. You can then later update the DAC if you want.
It'll put you about $100 over budget - the HRT Streamer is $130-$150 and the preorder for the Lyr is $449. Also, the Lyr won't ship till March. Lastly, no one but the Schiits at Schiit have heard the Lyr yet.
I haven't heard the Pico - but if you have portables to drive, the E7 is a portable amp as well as a DAC.
I'm not really too concerned about portability. The HD650s, to me, are something that belong at home connected to my laptop (which I guess is technically portable, but you get my meaning :P). I'm just a bit worried about skimping on the cost of the amp/DAC... these are headphones that are definitely going to expose such skimping.
The Pico is also a portable unit. You can use it as a USB DAC/amp, or a standalone portable amp with a 3.5mm input. I quite enjoyed this paired with the HD600 when I briefly had some time with them at a friend's place.
E7 + E9 combo is more affordable, and allows for the possibility of using the E9 amp with a separate DAC if you ever decide to in the future. The E9 is a dedicated desktop amp, so it ought to have more juice to power the more demanding headphones. But I have not used this myself, so I'll not comment further.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › FLC 8S 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser hd 558 vs. Audio Technica ata msr7 1 minute ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear