New HD650 owner checking in. Love em. Little tight at first, but settling onto my massive head well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 137
Gear mentioned in this thread:
listening to High Hopes by Pink Floyd off of the Pulse album just gave me goosebumps. these HD650's really do vocals well. David Gilmore never sounded this good!
Edited by jasonb - 12/29/10 at 7:15pm
Looks bloody brilliant mate - but how good do they sound?
Sorry Palchiu, was really sure I pressed the quote link? obviously not though lol ..
Edited by CardasHD650 - 12/30/10 at 6:59am
How would you compare the 650 and the LCD-2? On which amps?
I don't have many experience with HD's replacment cables, I only have own Cardas(Blue), SilverDragon V1, Ohelbach, Zu MKI before.(There're lots new wires, I never hear.)
The cable still burning, but soundstage is huge! that's I never got before! even plug 650 into SP's Supra.
Here is my HP system gears.
Nice job palchiu. Unfortunately I don't have DIY skills so I'm contemplating an aftermarket cable for my HD650. I was initially convinced on going with silver wire but I'm afraid it may make the sound too analytical for my taste. Reading Moon Audio's description of the Blue Dragon has me convinced UPOCC copper may be best. Can any chime in with some firsthand accounts?
SilverDragon are nice silver cable for HD6xx, they don't make bright for me but they're more detail.
I don't know Blue, maybe BlackDragon will better.
Moon Audio provide:
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on Headphone cables. I recommend a 100hr break-in time, as silver takes longer to break in, but straight out of the box you will be amazed.
30 days money back, you may try them.
I can recommend the Headphile Blacksilver cable. Not as flexible as the original (what is?), but quite flexible and non-microphonic. Not too expensive either.
Yeah so far I've narrowed it down to a ZXAC nucleotide copper cable as an affordable option (around $150AUD), but I'm also in talks with some DIYers here. The biggest hurdle is justifying the cost.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... just now
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 16 seconds ago
- › [WTB] Nordost Heimdall 2 balanced for Focal Utopia 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear