Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1235

post #18511 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz View Post
 

I ordered the NJC Audio Monitor II Headphone Amp for the HD650, was really impressed by the company as a whole and hope the amp lives up to the rest. 

 

I am looking forward to hearing how you get on with the NJC Monitor II. You know it is just chock full of premium components the kind of things you normally only see in amps costing two three times as much like Clarity Cap film signal output capacitors, Vishay-Dale ultra low noise mil spec resistors, Blue Alps volume pot, custom power supply etc. I have come close to hitting the buy button a couple of times myself.     

 

I have been using NJC's reference interconnects for some time now and have been very happy with them and as you say its a pleasant experience dealing with them.


Edited by JamieMcC - 7/30/14 at 9:40am
post #18512 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidos View Post
 

burnt my wallet after buying 650 and little dot mk2 ;) dont think i can afford dac for at least a long while.


No worries, but when you can try to get the Modi DAC from Schiit. Sometimes it is being sold here used. My friend bought the Modi/Magni stack and when I used it with my Denon D7000 I was extremely surprised how good it sounded. I would think it very hard to better the performance and price of that little piece of Schiit DAC so when you can that will be a well spent $100.

post #18513 of 20526
post #18514 of 20526

Sounds intriguing, price is certainly right.

post #18515 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728687/headphile-blacksilver-cable-for-hd6xx

 

looks interesting... anyone?

 

If the termination is what you want, I wouldn't consider it a bad gamble...

 

...I have silver plated copper, and I believe it made a difference.

post #18516 of 20526
So tomorrow (or today if I get my paycheck) I'll order a Asgard 2 + Modi. Not sure when I get paid because my work schedule was changed.
post #18517 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

So tomorrow (or today if I get my paycheck) I'll order a Asgard 2 + Modi. Not sure when I get paid because my work schedule was changed.

For what it's worth, consider getting a Wyrd as well, my Wyrd>Modi>Lyr 2 stack is awesome,. The Wyrd, in my setup, takes the Modi to new levels, rich, organic music rising out of a deep, black, silent background. Enjoy the music!
post #18518 of 20526

I'm in the process of getting some HD 650's or 600's but wanted to know the cheapest DAC/AMP I can get to push these.  Used is fine with me.  In grad school and plan to upgrade the DAC/AMP in the future.  Suggestions?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have to get rid of my avatar pic because I had to sell everything to pay for a class :(  Not fun!!!

post #18519 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post


For what it's worth, consider getting a Wyrd as well, my Wyrd>Modi>Lyr 2 stack is awesome,. The Wyrd, in my setup, takes the Modi to new levels, rich, organic music rising out of a deep, black, silent background. Enjoy the music!

http://schiit.com/products/wyrd-usb-decrapifier

 

thats the magicbox from schiit....icic. thanks.

post #18520 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBGolfRunner View Post
 

I'm in the process of getting some HD 650's or 600's but wanted to know the cheapest DAC/AMP I can get to push these.  Used is fine with me.  In grad school and plan to upgrade the DAC/AMP in the future.  Suggestions?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have to get rid of my avatar pic because I had to sell everything to pay for a class :(  Not fun!!!

 

Schiit Modi and Vali are probably the best bang for your buck with 650's.

post #18521 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBGolfRunner View Post
 

I'm in the process of getting some HD 650's or 600's but wanted to know the cheapest DAC/AMP I can get to push these.  Used is fine with me.  In grad school and plan to upgrade the DAC/AMP in the future.  Suggestions?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have to get rid of my avatar pic because I had to sell everything to pay for a class :(  Not fun!!!

 

If you value measurements and aren't interested in distortion, harmonic or otherwise, I don't know how you could do better than the ODAC and the O2 amp for best 650 sound for the buck.  Plus it runs on AC or batteries you can buy anywhere. 

post #18522 of 20526
Hi! Im using a O2/ODAC combo, but reading about the tubes i get very interested!
Would be a nice idea to buy a Schiit Vali? Or maybe a LittleDot MK2? Or any other option with less than $500?
I would apreciate any suggestion!
post #18523 of 20526
Look into getting a Charleston Cable for your 650s. You will be surprised how GOOD...for less money! Check 'em out. Alejandro
post #18524 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatdi View Post

Hi! Im using a O2/ODAC combo, but reading about the tubes i get very interested!
Would be a nice idea to buy a Schiit Vali? Or maybe a LittleDot MK2? Or any other option with less than $500?
I would apreciate any suggestion!

 

Go for it if you're just interested in trying something new.....  I have a tube based Woo3 and a chip based M^3 and neither one comes close to having the resolution of the O2. 

 

With a dark, laid back set of headphones like the 650s I don't know why you'd want anything less than all the clean clear resolution you can get.

post #18525 of 20526
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro7 View Post

Look into getting a Charleston Cable for your 650s. You will be surprised how GOOD...for less money! Check 'em out. Alejandro

 

You would be pretty surprised how at how good the stock cable is after reterminating it with an Amphenol 1/4" plug.  Even cheaper and very worthwhile.  ;D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread