Glad to hear :). Not everyone likes them from the first few hours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fundamentally, we're probably limiting our HD650 enjoyment, but I'm in the same boat; I just don't have the budget (or the chill space) to justify a desktop amp. If you're set on going balanced, that looks like a kicka** portable setup. If you aren't set on balanced, the Headstage Arrow drives the HD650s extremely well. It's light, tiny, I get over 15 hours driving the Senns - and it pairs gorgeously with the black J3.
BTW - I roll FLAC on the J3 and I don't think it's a waste of space (I have the 32 GB version) or bitrate. The quality of sound may be perceived, but I don't mind taking a placebo now and then. ;) Besides, single-file source is important to me with regard to library management and multiple listening devices. Sorry for straying a bit off-topic.
Thanks ardilla and satellite_6, yeah I will check the earpads then. Or maybe my nose will help.
By the way, one more questions fellas, how would you rate the setup below? I am a student, don't have big a budget. So high-end sources or desktop amps/dacs are not in the near future for me. I mean will I get most of the hd650s as a portable setup with the components below?
FLACs-->Cowon J3-->iBasso CB06 interconnect-->iBasso PB1 Toucan-->Balanced Cable-->HD 650
I am also really curious that cool looking interconnect will make any difference, or it is just bling?
Balanced cable is modded from stock sennheiser cable by iBasso, and it is shorten to 1.5m (less resistance right).
What's up East Bay?! (I'm in Oregon now but from Alameda) You're one happy dude! Enjoy.
Hi, just unpacked my new 650's. I am very excited. Been listening to them now for around an hour and I am very impressed already. They have good synergy with my headroom gear and I guess that will improve over time. No problems with "clamping" pressure. They seem custom made for me. Very comfy fit. Ah, a rainy weekend coming up and the crib is fully stocked with food and a large CD collection to try the new babies on. Life is good
Get some booze as well, will make your 650s sound even better.
Congrats Raptor34, this should be great weekend.
I am waiting my hd650 in agony :) they should be arriving next week. my PB1 toucan is already here, but I can't take benefit of it (no performance difference with ie8's, just a slight color change).
Mediogre, I agree with you in placebo effect. I suppose it is a pretty solid factor in audio stuff. Besides I have 8+16gb of space, and managing J3 is easy, no itunes crap. It won't be a fully balanced setup, since I connect J3 to PB1 with a 3.5-3.5mm interconnect, but for now I don't have another choice, maybe a DB1 in future. One good side of balanced cable I should be getting more amplification (+7.5db single end, +15db balanced) out of PB1. I will right back here about two cables. For now I should rip more CD :)
i just won an HD650 on ebay from seller http://myworld.ebay.com/razordogdeals2008/. got them for $328, and did second day shipping. so i should have them wednesday. they are an authorized dealer. so excited!
Congrats! I purchased my HD600 from razordogdeals and it was a great transaction. I hope to one day compare my 600 to a pair of 650's.....
good to hear. the price was really cheap, but it all seems legit. can't wait till wednesday. i also need to order a better amp/dac for it, but for now my PA2V2 will have to do.
Hit me up over late December/early January and we should have a little mini-meet. I know there are bunches of people in Milwaukee who would be game. Also, I would very much like to hear some HD600s.
Then you get close to what is intended :-) I often smile when people describe e.g. HD800 as "neutral", when you know that many records are produced with e.g. Beyer DT770's
I had a professional producer and artist over at my place once, and when we put on one of his records he was amazed - there just was so much he hadn't heard before. And this record he had composed and produced himself...
This comment made me smile.
They use them because they don't want to blow $1400 for a headphone that is open, when the DT770 can be had for under $200 and is closed. Which DT770 are you referring to?
My point is only that phrases like "you hear only what is intended", "neutral" etc. are relatively meaningless because one seldom knows what the producers/sound engineers used when they were mixing the material. Of course its a matter of not wanting to spend money. And many use HD800 to mix their records, and more should do so.
BTW, glad that I made you smile :-)
I received a pair of HD650's last week and have been almost unable to stop enjoying them since they arrived. They are my first set of decent over the ear headphones. They seem to have great synergy with my Nuforce HDP (dac/hp amp). I'm very pleased with the combination.
At first the clamping was a little bothersome but I bent the metal part of the band a bit more open in the recommended manner and they are much more comfortable now. Looking forward to enjoying these 650's for (hopefully) many years to come.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 25 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 42 seconds ago
- › Will a schiitz magni 2 power an audeze lcd-2, will a schiitz vali... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Is this a hot deal? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear