Im not going to be mobile with the hd 650, Il be only on my desk listening to them!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe if you get a slimmer 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I can't get the stock adapter to fit into the X3 properly, resulting in only the left side playing music.
I Just got the Aune T1 (dac + tube amp), that seems to meet your criteria, specially if your are into tube rolling as well.
I am throughly enjoying it with the HD650's, even though I barely started tube breakin.
I have been using an Essence STX for to years now and found it okay. I tried the Dragon fly 1.2 and sent it back to amazon after two days, It was not as clear as the stx. I have Project Ember amp, and use that for an amp and love it. Recently tried an Emotiva xdr-2 http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xda2 figured if I did not like it on my pc I could use it on my main system. I have it hooked up to my pc now and after two days of listening, I am sold. Much clearer than the stx, the 650's are clear as a bell, I was thinking I would send them back to Sennheiser, for new drivers, as I thought the treble sounded a little like it was distorted. Not any more. With this dac, out to the Ember the 650 is clear sounding like never before. I have my oppo running coax to the xdr-2, and into the ember as well. I have just tried the headphone amp built in to the xdr-2 and I have to admit it is very nice. Am currently playing some192khz files and they are very well represented. Have to put more time into it and see how it stacks up to the Ember. It has a remote, the xdr-2 and it is quite a nice piece of work, solid aluminum and very well done as well.
Edited by connieflyer - 6/7/14 at 7:58am
I would think the E17 would do the business but I haven't heard it myself. I own the E18 and it drives them easily.
I have a Fiio E17/E09K and a Schiit Valhalla/ Modi, the E17 does not have the oomph alone, but does work very well with the E09K for my HD650's. The E09K has been marked down to $89.00 on multiple sights (I am guessing a new version is coming). The Schiit Combo is a it step up, but I could, and did, live with the Fiio, HD 650 pairing.? Best!
Remember, you need to get the E17 or E07 to serve as a DAC and to dock in the E09K, enjoy.
I recently bought an HD650 from Moon-Audio with silver cables. I like the sound very much. It's hard for me to pinpoint the differences between it and the stock cable, but it gives a more enjoyable,all, presentation. Sounds more musical and is probably quieter, as well. Doesn't suffer from any sharpness or brightness or any other alleged silver cable shortcomings.
On a different front: don't be seduced by the HD800 unless having an ultra-wide sound stage and relatively deep, tight bass. To my ears, the HD650 has a far better, less recessed, mid-range and treble (no brightness), and still has credible bass and sound-stage.
I used to think this headphone was too dark, but i am coming around. It is somewhat "romantic" in the lower half, but pretty darn realistic from there up. I alternate it with my K701s, depending on the music, with my DND Audio Stratus amp. It also sounds great on the relatively trouble-free SinglePower MPX models. I'm a bit sad I sold my MPX3, but the Stratus is outstanding and the HD650s add a little romance where it is needed on the very neutral Startus amp.
Edited by Frihed89 - 6/8/14 at 6:21am
anyone has experience with these china pads, any good? :P
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 30 seconds ago
- › IC: Burson Soloist SL & Burson DA-160 DAC combo 37 seconds ago
- › Singxer SU-1 Owners 42 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 52 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear