Im quite new to this!, I think i want a dac with built in amp or a cheap amp so I can afford a asus xonar dx
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or get a FiiO X3, DAP, USB DAC and amp all in a easy to carry package.
Maybe if you get a slimmer 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I can't get the stock adapter to fit into the X3 properly, resulting in only the left side playing music.
I Just got the Aune T1 (dac + tube amp), that seems to meet your criteria, specially if your are into tube rolling as well.
I am throughly enjoying it with the HD650's, even though I barely started tube breakin.
I have been using an Essence STX for to years now and found it okay. I tried the Dragon fly 1.2 and sent it back to amazon after two days, It was not as clear as the stx. I have Project Ember amp, and use that for an amp and love it. Recently tried an Emotiva xdr-2 http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xda2 figured if I did not like it on my pc I could use it on my main system. I have it hooked up to my pc now and after two days of listening, I am sold. Much clearer than the stx, the 650's are clear as a bell, I was thinking I would send them back to Sennheiser, for new drivers, as I thought the treble sounded a little like it was distorted. Not any more. With this dac, out to the Ember the 650 is clear sounding like never before. I have my oppo running coax to the xdr-2, and into the ember as well. I have just tried the headphone amp built in to the xdr-2 and I have to admit it is very nice. Am currently playing some192khz files and they are very well represented. Have to put more time into it and see how it stacks up to the Ember. It has a remote, the xdr-2 and it is quite a nice piece of work, solid aluminum and very well done as well.
Edited by connieflyer - 6/7/14 at 7:58am
I would think the E17 would do the business but I haven't heard it myself. I own the E18 and it drives them easily.
I have a Fiio E17/E09K and a Schiit Valhalla/ Modi, the E17 does not have the oomph alone, but does work very well with the E09K for my HD650's. The E09K has been marked down to $89.00 on multiple sights (I am guessing a new version is coming). The Schiit Combo is a it step up, but I could, and did, live with the Fiio, HD 650 pairing.? Best!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Custom Amplifier and DAC- Project H 1 minute ago
- › A pair of Tung-sol 5998s 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Omega Super 6 or 8 Speakers 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 5 minutes ago
- › Can you guys help me find pictures of the RHA MA750 being worn? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brother in law autistic and ignorant about headphones 11 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 13 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)