Im quite new to this!, I think i want a dac with built in amp or a cheap amp so I can afford a asus xonar dx
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on Yesterday at 1:28 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or get a FiiO X3, DAP, USB DAC and amp all in a easy to carry package.
Maybe if you get a slimmer 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I can't get the stock adapter to fit into the X3 properly, resulting in only the left side playing music.
I Just got the Aune T1 (dac + tube amp), that seems to meet your criteria, specially if your are into tube rolling as well.
I am throughly enjoying it with the HD650's, even though I barely started tube breakin.
I have been using an Essence STX for to years now and found it okay. I tried the Dragon fly 1.2 and sent it back to amazon after two days, It was not as clear as the stx. I have Project Ember amp, and use that for an amp and love it. Recently tried an Emotiva xdr-2 http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xda2 figured if I did not like it on my pc I could use it on my main system. I have it hooked up to my pc now and after two days of listening, I am sold. Much clearer than the stx, the 650's are clear as a bell, I was thinking I would send them back to Sennheiser, for new drivers, as I thought the treble sounded a little like it was distorted. Not any more. With this dac, out to the Ember the 650 is clear sounding like never before. I have my oppo running coax to the xdr-2, and into the ember as well. I have just tried the headphone amp built in to the xdr-2 and I have to admit it is very nice. Am currently playing some192khz files and they are very well represented. Have to put more time into it and see how it stacks up to the Ember. It has a remote, the xdr-2 and it is quite a nice piece of work, solid aluminum and very well done as well.
Edited by connieflyer - 6/7/14 at 7:58am
I would think the E17 would do the business but I haven't heard it myself. I own the E18 and it drives them easily.
I have a Fiio E17/E09K and a Schiit Valhalla/ Modi, the E17 does not have the oomph alone, but does work very well with the E09K for my HD650's. The E09K has been marked down to $89.00 on multiple sights (I am guessing a new version is coming). The Schiit Combo is a it step up, but I could, and did, live with the Fiio, HD 650 pairing.? Best!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Looking for a great all-rounder headphone, $400 budget 27 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 50 seconds ago
- › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60 1 minute ago
- › Headphones For Music, Gaming & Films [Anything Better Than My DT990... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3