Im quite new to this!, I think i want a dac with built in amp or a cheap amp so I can afford a asus xonar dx
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DT880 to what? Last post on 12/26/14 at 5:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 or K7xx Last post on Yesterday at 7:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing quality headphones – not easy Last post on 12/10/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or get a FiiO X3, DAP, USB DAC and amp all in a easy to carry package.
Maybe if you get a slimmer 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I can't get the stock adapter to fit into the X3 properly, resulting in only the left side playing music.
I Just got the Aune T1 (dac + tube amp), that seems to meet your criteria, specially if your are into tube rolling as well.
I am throughly enjoying it with the HD650's, even though I barely started tube breakin.
I have been using an Essence STX for to years now and found it okay. I tried the Dragon fly 1.2 and sent it back to amazon after two days, It was not as clear as the stx. I have Project Ember amp, and use that for an amp and love it. Recently tried an Emotiva xdr-2 http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xda2 figured if I did not like it on my pc I could use it on my main system. I have it hooked up to my pc now and after two days of listening, I am sold. Much clearer than the stx, the 650's are clear as a bell, I was thinking I would send them back to Sennheiser, for new drivers, as I thought the treble sounded a little like it was distorted. Not any more. With this dac, out to the Ember the 650 is clear sounding like never before. I have my oppo running coax to the xdr-2, and into the ember as well. I have just tried the headphone amp built in to the xdr-2 and I have to admit it is very nice. Am currently playing some192khz files and they are very well represented. Have to put more time into it and see how it stacks up to the Ember. It has a remote, the xdr-2 and it is quite a nice piece of work, solid aluminum and very well done as well.
Edited by connieflyer - 6/7/14 at 7:58am
I would think the E17 would do the business but I haven't heard it myself. I own the E18 and it drives them easily.
I have a Fiio E17/E09K and a Schiit Valhalla/ Modi, the E17 does not have the oomph alone, but does work very well with the E09K for my HD650's. The E09K has been marked down to $89.00 on multiple sights (I am guessing a new version is coming). The Schiit Combo is a it step up, but I could, and did, live with the Fiio, HD 650 pairing.? Best!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 2.1 speaker recomendation 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › 2.1 PC Speakers Recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Not sure what to get... 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › What is beyerdynamics flagship in the DTXXX line? 7 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)