Im not going to be mobile with the hd 650, Il be only on my desk listening to them!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe if you get a slimmer 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I can't get the stock adapter to fit into the X3 properly, resulting in only the left side playing music.
I Just got the Aune T1 (dac + tube amp), that seems to meet your criteria, specially if your are into tube rolling as well.
I am throughly enjoying it with the HD650's, even though I barely started tube breakin.
I have been using an Essence STX for to years now and found it okay. I tried the Dragon fly 1.2 and sent it back to amazon after two days, It was not as clear as the stx. I have Project Ember amp, and use that for an amp and love it. Recently tried an Emotiva xdr-2 http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xda2 figured if I did not like it on my pc I could use it on my main system. I have it hooked up to my pc now and after two days of listening, I am sold. Much clearer than the stx, the 650's are clear as a bell, I was thinking I would send them back to Sennheiser, for new drivers, as I thought the treble sounded a little like it was distorted. Not any more. With this dac, out to the Ember the 650 is clear sounding like never before. I have my oppo running coax to the xdr-2, and into the ember as well. I have just tried the headphone amp built in to the xdr-2 and I have to admit it is very nice. Am currently playing some192khz files and they are very well represented. Have to put more time into it and see how it stacks up to the Ember. It has a remote, the xdr-2 and it is quite a nice piece of work, solid aluminum and very well done as well.
Edited by connieflyer - 6/7/14 at 7:58am
I would think the E17 would do the business but I haven't heard it myself. I own the E18 and it drives them easily.
I have a Fiio E17/E09K and a Schiit Valhalla/ Modi, the E17 does not have the oomph alone, but does work very well with the E09K for my HD650's. The E09K has been marked down to $89.00 on multiple sights (I am guessing a new version is coming). The Schiit Combo is a it step up, but I could, and did, live with the Fiio, HD 650 pairing.? Best!
Remember, you need to get the E17 or E07 to serve as a DAC and to dock in the E09K, enjoy.
I recently bought an HD650 from Moon-Audio with silver cables. I like the sound very much. It's hard for me to pinpoint the differences between it and the stock cable, but it gives a more enjoyable,all, presentation. Sounds more musical and is probably quieter, as well. Doesn't suffer from any sharpness or brightness or any other alleged silver cable shortcomings.
On a different front: don't be seduced by the HD800 unless having an ultra-wide sound stage and relatively deep, tight bass. To my ears, the HD650 has a far better, less recessed, mid-range and treble (no brightness), and still has credible bass and sound-stage.
I used to think this headphone was too dark, but i am coming around. It is somewhat "romantic" in the lower half, but pretty darn realistic from there up. I alternate it with my K701s, depending on the music, with my DND Audio Stratus amp. It also sounds great on the relatively trouble-free SinglePower MPX models. I'm a bit sad I sold my MPX3, but the Stratus is outstanding and the HD650s add a little romance where it is needed on the very neutral Startus amp.
Edited by Frihed89 - 6/8/14 at 6:21am
anyone has experience with these china pads, any good? :P
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › B&W P7 alternatives 46 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Concero HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear