Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1165

post #17461 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinedSafe View Post

Well Ill give them a try anyway. Not a big fan of closed cans but yeah whatever, can't stand my wife bitching me. Will post a comparison here once I got them.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

 

Separate bedrooms... that's how you fix *that* problem :-)

post #17462 of 26734

Sad to say if they're anything like my TH-600s, she will still complain...

post #17463 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinedSafe View Post

Well Ill give them a try anyway. Not a big fan of closed cans but yeah whatever, can't stand my wife bitching me. Will post a comparison here once I got them.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Keep the headphones, ditch the wife, you will be happier!

post #17464 of 26734
Ditching the Wife is a LOT more expensive than the finest headphones! Has she tried ear plugs?
post #17465 of 26734

Has anyone tried out the Signal Cable Silver Reference replacement headphone cable for the Sennheser HD580/600/650?

www.signalcable.com

If so, what were your impressions?

I have a couple of the Signal Cable Silver Resolution interconnects and love them.

Just curious.


Edited by daltonlanny - 5/16/14 at 5:00am
post #17466 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Ditching the Wife is a LOT more expensive than the finest headphones! Has she tried ear plugs?

Thats a great idea, why I didnt think about it first. Will get them today.

Silver Cables

Had some with speakers. Generally good single core cooper cable will be very similar
to single core silver. Single core cables are usualy better for brighting up things and
to control low end. At the sime time u might get metallic,harsh upper end.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
post #17467 of 26734

You know I thought I would be upset at the 650's bass given I came from a closed can M50s that can produce a good chunk of bass, especially when you EQ them. That being said, I am perfectly happy with the 650's. They have really good impact for an open can and the extension needed for a lot of bassy songs.

post #17468 of 26734

They're better than you'd think huh?

post #17469 of 26734

Slightly of topic 

 

My wife about the earplugs " buy me one and Ill stick it in to your a.... " Thats it;) 

post #17470 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinedSafe View Post
 

Slightly of topic 

 

My wife about the earplugs " buy me one and Ill stick it in to your a.... " Thats it;) 

 

Earplugs come in pairs... where would the other one go?

post #17471 of 26734

i am guessing sennheiser uses proprietary driveers with decades of R&D while other companies purchase/buy them from someone else

post #17472 of 26734

I'd like to confirm the different iterations of the HD650.  Is the latest (and greatest?) one the silver screen driver?  This is the one that supposedly has better treble (less veiled) correct?

 

And it is easy to tell just by looking at the outside of the headphone into the grill right?  If you see white/silver (as opposed to the earlier black), then it is the newer version.

 

Has there just been the two - black and silver/white?

post #17473 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSire View Post
 

I'd like to confirm the different iterations of the HD650.  Is the latest (and greatest?) one the silver screen driver?  This is the one that supposedly has better treble (less veiled) correct?

 

And it is easy to tell just by looking at the outside of the headphone into the grill right?  If you see white/silver (as opposed to the earlier black), then it is the newer version.

 

Has there just been the two - black and silver/white?

Yes the Silver mesh is the latest.

Yes its easy to see looking through the earcup perf.

My understanding is that there have only been two mesh types... the older matte black and the current silver one.  The various forms of white mesh baffles were used on the 580/600 and never made their way onto the 650.

post #17474 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinedSafe View Post

Slightly of topic 

My wife about the earplugs " buy me one and Ill stick it in to your a.... " Thats it;) 

Hard core, how about getting her a pair of her own Alpha Dogs (pun intended) and keep her busy with her own tunes?

Got my cables yesterday from Schiit, my Modi today and the Valhalla is coming tomorrow, the anticipation is killing me 😜!!!!
post #17475 of 26734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Hard core, how about getting her a pair of her own Alpha Dogs (pun intended) and keep her busy with her own tunes?

Got my cables yesterday from Schiit, my Modi today and the Valhalla is coming tomorrow, the anticipation is killing me 😜!!!!

Interested to hear what you think of the Modi/Valhalla pairing with the HD650. I need a pile of Schiit for my 650s!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread