Just got myself a pair from a user here! Schiit took forever to ship my Modi/Magni so they should be coming in today. They sound decent on my Asus Xonar DG and hope the Modi/Magni will bring it out more.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Time will bring it out more.
Not a bad deal, comes with rebranded VSONIC GR07.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 5/13/14 at 6:14am
Please tell me how that turns out!
I have the a Xonar too.
Congrats and enjoy.
Let us know how things work out!!!
I got my HD650s today. They sound amazing right out of the box! So you guys say it'll get better as it burns-in. I'm listening to it out of Meridian Explorer's headphone jack. Seems to drive HD650s very well.
So far I've listened to: Lady of my Life by George Benson, Instant Crush by Daft Punk, North Pole by Solid Globe (State of Trance 600 album), China Girl by David Bowie. These headphones sound perfect all genres. Very versatile.
If your's are brand new...then yes, they will sound better after they burn in.
I look forward to noting my impressions of the synergy with my HD650's, limited comparisons in-house, a Fiio E09K and a Music Fidelity ax-Can v3, more to come....
Continuing to enjoy the journey with my new HD 650s...
I've been listening to a wide variety of stuff I haven't listen to for while; tonight I played Cream "White Room" and was really blown away at the sound of Ginger Baker's drums. I replayed that track about 5 times and I think I am starting to get why people really love these phones.
It's very early days yet as I received the HD650 today, but I think I'm another one of those weirdos who prefers it to the LCD-2. For me, the better headphone will always be the one that gets me tapping my toes and lost in the music more - I really couldn't care less about which headphone is technically better.
Out of the T1, SR325is, LCD-2 Rev 2 and HD600 listening through the V200, the HD650 is the winner for pure musical enjoyment, to my ears.
It will be interesting when the HE-500 arrives though.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Three Word Story 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › On ear / over ear recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2