I'm dropping this in out of the blue! I bought a JK Audio Pureformer to try and cure a persistent hum in my Schitt Lyr, and all I managed to do was to make the whole setup sound WAY better. The crispness of the bass through my HD650s is amazing. I have now bought a second one for the Creative SB/JRiver 19 > M-DAC > Lehmann Linear SE > HD800 setup upstairs. It improves sound from a CD player as well as from a computer, and what it does to the 650s is wonderful. Lucky folk in the USA can get the Pureformer quite cheaply. I can hear the hum on the Lyr far more clearly now LOL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/1/15 at 12:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Time will bring it out more.
Not a bad deal, comes with rebranded VSONIC GR07.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 5/13/14 at 6:14am
Please tell me how that turns out!
I have the a Xonar too.
Congrats and enjoy.
Let us know how things work out!!!
I got my HD650s today. They sound amazing right out of the box! So you guys say it'll get better as it burns-in. I'm listening to it out of Meridian Explorer's headphone jack. Seems to drive HD650s very well.
So far I've listened to: Lady of my Life by George Benson, Instant Crush by Daft Punk, North Pole by Solid Globe (State of Trance 600 album), China Girl by David Bowie. These headphones sound perfect all genres. Very versatile.
If your's are brand new...then yes, they will sound better after they burn in.
I look forward to noting my impressions of the synergy with my HD650's, limited comparisons in-house, a Fiio E09K and a Music Fidelity ax-Can v3, more to come....
Continuing to enjoy the journey with my new HD 650s...
I've been listening to a wide variety of stuff I haven't listen to for while; tonight I played Cream "White Room" and was really blown away at the sound of Ginger Baker's drums. I replayed that track about 5 times and I think I am starting to get why people really love these phones.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 52 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Help me understand something (modi/magni) + HE-400 and studio... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3