I'm dropping this in out of the blue! I bought a JK Audio Pureformer to try and cure a persistent hum in my Schitt Lyr, and all I managed to do was to make the whole setup sound WAY better. The crispness of the bass through my HD650s is amazing. I have now bought a second one for the Creative SB/JRiver 19 > M-DAC > Lehmann Linear SE > HD800 setup upstairs. It improves sound from a CD player as well as from a computer, and what it does to the 650s is wonderful. Lucky folk in the USA can get the Pureformer quite cheaply. I can hear the hum on the Lyr far more clearly now LOL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Time will bring it out more.
Not a bad deal, comes with rebranded VSONIC GR07.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 5/13/14 at 6:14am
Please tell me how that turns out!
I have the a Xonar too.
Congrats and enjoy.
Let us know how things work out!!!
I got my HD650s today. They sound amazing right out of the box! So you guys say it'll get better as it burns-in. I'm listening to it out of Meridian Explorer's headphone jack. Seems to drive HD650s very well.
So far I've listened to: Lady of my Life by George Benson, Instant Crush by Daft Punk, North Pole by Solid Globe (State of Trance 600 album), China Girl by David Bowie. These headphones sound perfect all genres. Very versatile.
If your's are brand new...then yes, they will sound better after they burn in.
I look forward to noting my impressions of the synergy with my HD650's, limited comparisons in-house, a Fiio E09K and a Music Fidelity ax-Can v3, more to come....
Continuing to enjoy the journey with my new HD 650s...
I've been listening to a wide variety of stuff I haven't listen to for while; tonight I played Cream "White Room" and was really blown away at the sound of Ginger Baker's drums. I replayed that track about 5 times and I think I am starting to get why people really love these phones.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 28 seconds ago
- › $100 IEMs For Rock/Metal 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones under $500 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit One S 6 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)