I'm dropping this in out of the blue! I bought a JK Audio Pureformer to try and cure a persistent hum in my Schitt Lyr, and all I managed to do was to make the whole setup sound WAY better. The crispness of the bass through my HD650s is amazing. I have now bought a second one for the Creative SB/JRiver 19 > M-DAC > Lehmann Linear SE > HD800 setup upstairs. It improves sound from a CD player as well as from a computer, and what it does to the 650s is wonderful. Lucky folk in the USA can get the Pureformer quite cheaply. I can hear the hum on the Lyr far more clearly now LOL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Time will bring it out more.
Not a bad deal, comes with rebranded VSONIC GR07.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 5/13/14 at 6:14am
Please tell me how that turns out!
I have the a Xonar too.
Congrats and enjoy.
Let us know how things work out!!!
I got my HD650s today. They sound amazing right out of the box! So you guys say it'll get better as it burns-in. I'm listening to it out of Meridian Explorer's headphone jack. Seems to drive HD650s very well.
So far I've listened to: Lady of my Life by George Benson, Instant Crush by Daft Punk, North Pole by Solid Globe (State of Trance 600 album), China Girl by David Bowie. These headphones sound perfect all genres. Very versatile.
If your's are brand new...then yes, they will sound better after they burn in.
I look forward to noting my impressions of the synergy with my HD650's, limited comparisons in-house, a Fiio E09K and a Music Fidelity ax-Can v3, more to come....
Continuing to enjoy the journey with my new HD 650s...
I've been listening to a wide variety of stuff I haven't listen to for while; tonight I played Cream "White Room" and was really blown away at the sound of Ginger Baker's drums. I replayed that track about 5 times and I think I am starting to get why people really love these phones.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Beresford Bushmaster MKII DAC + AMP w/ 2 battery packs for an... 17 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 45 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 - Gaming Setup 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › $2-2.5K for a non-head-phone DAC: Contenders? 3 minutes ago
- › Favourite U2 album 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp/dac 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)