- 405 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Finland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DT880 to what? Last post on Today at 5:33 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 or K7xx Last post on 12/20/14 at 9:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing quality headphones – not easy Last post on 12/10/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like the rattling matchbox part from 1min 30secs in - its as if someone was actually in the room rattling the matchbox around you, so realistic - binaural sound is pretty cool when done right
I think Tyll nails it in this comparison ....
Basically for me the hd6** headphones sound more alike than not. The main differences are hd650 has slight more tilted balance toward bass so at similar volumes the hd650 sounds ever so slightly darker and possibly as a result a little 'cleaner' sounding . I actually put this down to the lack of 'air' From the more balanced hd600. I don't think either has better anything, the quality of the sound is identical and neither gives away anything to the other , in isolation for example I would say the bass is the same and the treble is the same but when music is playing and all the frequencies are present the hd600 sounds more natural and neutral and like all the frequencies have equal volume . On the other hand the 650 has slightly less treble and upper mids especially around 4-6 kHz .this gives them a very slightly darker signature which makes them better for people that prefer a slight more focus on bass and lower mids rather than treble. It's a very small difference and it comes down to your preference.Both are amazing headphones .
Thanks for your comparison and link.
From what you describe, which is very much in line with other comments I've read elsewhere, the 650's have more appeal to me due to slighter more bass and lower mids
Nice 1 - thanks again
Does anyone know how the 650s pair the Burston Conductor SL? or which Burston dac chip would be better? I'm currently pairing them with the Questyle Q192. The Questyle sounds great but I would like to upgrade my amp for future headphones.
I came to the 650s from the Shure SE535s which are known for their luscious mids and I don't find the 650s recessed at all in the mids..
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Maybe its just a preference thing but I like vocals to be a little more forward. It also depends on the source. After using playing around with Isone it became more obvious to me. I understand why Sennhesier did this but I just don't like it with certain types of music.
Edited by Kneel2Galvatron - 5/9/14 at 8:43pm
So far, really loving jazz out of the 650's a lot! Probably my favorite pairing. It does surprisingly well with electronic music too for some reason.
Oh and just because they aren't bright doesn't mean they lack detail either! Plenty of ability there and they do well at giving that decay to instruments that is missing sometimes on lesser cans I've listened to.
Edited by B-Dawk20 - 5/9/14 at 8:54pm
Do tell more?!? What music do you listen to?
I've been hearing mostly at female vocalists, I'm in the search for my top 3 of female voices to buy their albums... so far I've heard Rebecca pidgeon, norah Jones, adele, birdy, Ximena Sariñana, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson..
In the musical scene with the 650's I've tried Tabea Zimmermann playing Brahms, Clarke & Vieuxtemps, as well to a cello recital from Zuill Bailey and to the four seasons interpreted by Anne Akiko Meyers
So far so good, loving the sound from these things... tomorrow I'll order Modi, to get the most out of my Vali..
Edited by dmxvz - 5/9/14 at 11:49pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Grado Fan Club! 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 37 seconds ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 46 seconds ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others,... 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)