- 294 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Finland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like the rattling matchbox part from 1min 30secs in - its as if someone was actually in the room rattling the matchbox around you, so realistic - binaural sound is pretty cool when done right
I think Tyll nails it in this comparison ....
Basically for me the hd6** headphones sound more alike than not. The main differences are hd650 has slight more tilted balance toward bass so at similar volumes the hd650 sounds ever so slightly darker and possibly as a result a little 'cleaner' sounding . I actually put this down to the lack of 'air' From the more balanced hd600. I don't think either has better anything, the quality of the sound is identical and neither gives away anything to the other , in isolation for example I would say the bass is the same and the treble is the same but when music is playing and all the frequencies are present the hd600 sounds more natural and neutral and like all the frequencies have equal volume . On the other hand the 650 has slightly less treble and upper mids especially around 4-6 kHz .this gives them a very slightly darker signature which makes them better for people that prefer a slight more focus on bass and lower mids rather than treble. It's a very small difference and it comes down to your preference.Both are amazing headphones .
Thanks for your comparison and link.
From what you describe, which is very much in line with other comments I've read elsewhere, the 650's have more appeal to me due to slighter more bass and lower mids
Nice 1 - thanks again
Does anyone know how the 650s pair the Burston Conductor SL? or which Burston dac chip would be better? I'm currently pairing them with the Questyle Q192. The Questyle sounds great but I would like to upgrade my amp for future headphones.
I came to the 650s from the Shure SE535s which are known for their luscious mids and I don't find the 650s recessed at all in the mids..
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Maybe its just a preference thing but I like vocals to be a little more forward. It also depends on the source. After using playing around with Isone it became more obvious to me. I understand why Sennhesier did this but I just don't like it with certain types of music.
Edited by Kneel2Galvatron - 5/9/14 at 8:43pm
So far, really loving jazz out of the 650's a lot! Probably my favorite pairing. It does surprisingly well with electronic music too for some reason.
Oh and just because they aren't bright doesn't mean they lack detail either! Plenty of ability there and they do well at giving that decay to instruments that is missing sometimes on lesser cans I've listened to.
Edited by B-Dawk20 - 5/9/14 at 8:54pm
Do tell more?!? What music do you listen to?
I've been hearing mostly at female vocalists, I'm in the search for my top 3 of female voices to buy their albums... so far I've heard Rebecca pidgeon, norah Jones, adele, birdy, Ximena Sariñana, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson..
In the musical scene with the 650's I've tried Tabea Zimmermann playing Brahms, Clarke & Vieuxtemps, as well to a cello recital from Zuill Bailey and to the four seasons interpreted by Anne Akiko Meyers
So far so good, loving the sound from these things... tomorrow I'll order Modi, to get the most out of my Vali..
Edited by dmxvz - 5/9/14 at 11:49pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hi all, looking for some new IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 4 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)