- 292 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Location: Kentucky-Nashville
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on 6/17/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like the rattling matchbox part from 1min 30secs in - its as if someone was actually in the room rattling the matchbox around you, so realistic - binaural sound is pretty cool when done right
I think Tyll nails it in this comparison ....
Basically for me the hd6** headphones sound more alike than not. The main differences are hd650 has slight more tilted balance toward bass so at similar volumes the hd650 sounds ever so slightly darker and possibly as a result a little 'cleaner' sounding . I actually put this down to the lack of 'air' From the more balanced hd600. I don't think either has better anything, the quality of the sound is identical and neither gives away anything to the other , in isolation for example I would say the bass is the same and the treble is the same but when music is playing and all the frequencies are present the hd600 sounds more natural and neutral and like all the frequencies have equal volume . On the other hand the 650 has slightly less treble and upper mids especially around 4-6 kHz .this gives them a very slightly darker signature which makes them better for people that prefer a slight more focus on bass and lower mids rather than treble. It's a very small difference and it comes down to your preference.Both are amazing headphones .
Thanks for your comparison and link.
From what you describe, which is very much in line with other comments I've read elsewhere, the 650's have more appeal to me due to slighter more bass and lower mids
Nice 1 - thanks again
Does anyone know how the 650s pair the Burston Conductor SL? or which Burston dac chip would be better? I'm currently pairing them with the Questyle Q192. The Questyle sounds great but I would like to upgrade my amp for future headphones.
I came to the 650s from the Shure SE535s which are known for their luscious mids and I don't find the 650s recessed at all in the mids..
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Maybe its just a preference thing but I like vocals to be a little more forward. It also depends on the source. After using playing around with Isone it became more obvious to me. I understand why Sennhesier did this but I just don't like it with certain types of music.
Edited by Kneel2Galvatron - 5/9/14 at 8:43pm
So far, really loving jazz out of the 650's a lot! Probably my favorite pairing. It does surprisingly well with electronic music too for some reason.
Oh and just because they aren't bright doesn't mean they lack detail either! Plenty of ability there and they do well at giving that decay to instruments that is missing sometimes on lesser cans I've listened to.
Edited by B-Dawk20 - 5/9/14 at 8:54pm
Do tell more?!? What music do you listen to?
I've been hearing mostly at female vocalists, I'm in the search for my top 3 of female voices to buy their albums... so far I've heard Rebecca pidgeon, norah Jones, adele, birdy, Ximena Sariñana, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson..
In the musical scene with the 650's I've tried Tabea Zimmermann playing Brahms, Clarke & Vieuxtemps, as well to a cello recital from Zuill Bailey and to the four seasons interpreted by Anne Akiko Meyers
So far so good, loving the sound from these things... tomorrow I'll order Modi, to get the most out of my Vali..
Edited by dmxvz - 5/9/14 at 11:49pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 19 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 21 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 34 seconds ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 38 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › SOLD! FINAL PRICE DROP**** Ortofon e-Q5 mint condition 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)