- 512 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Location: Kentucky-Nashville
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like the rattling matchbox part from 1min 30secs in - its as if someone was actually in the room rattling the matchbox around you, so realistic - binaural sound is pretty cool when done right
I think Tyll nails it in this comparison ....
Basically for me the hd6** headphones sound more alike than not. The main differences are hd650 has slight more tilted balance toward bass so at similar volumes the hd650 sounds ever so slightly darker and possibly as a result a little 'cleaner' sounding . I actually put this down to the lack of 'air' From the more balanced hd600. I don't think either has better anything, the quality of the sound is identical and neither gives away anything to the other , in isolation for example I would say the bass is the same and the treble is the same but when music is playing and all the frequencies are present the hd600 sounds more natural and neutral and like all the frequencies have equal volume . On the other hand the 650 has slightly less treble and upper mids especially around 4-6 kHz .this gives them a very slightly darker signature which makes them better for people that prefer a slight more focus on bass and lower mids rather than treble. It's a very small difference and it comes down to your preference.Both are amazing headphones .
Thanks for your comparison and link.
From what you describe, which is very much in line with other comments I've read elsewhere, the 650's have more appeal to me due to slighter more bass and lower mids
Nice 1 - thanks again
Does anyone know how the 650s pair the Burston Conductor SL? or which Burston dac chip would be better? I'm currently pairing them with the Questyle Q192. The Questyle sounds great but I would like to upgrade my amp for future headphones.
I came to the 650s from the Shure SE535s which are known for their luscious mids and I don't find the 650s recessed at all in the mids..
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Maybe its just a preference thing but I like vocals to be a little more forward. It also depends on the source. After using playing around with Isone it became more obvious to me. I understand why Sennhesier did this but I just don't like it with certain types of music.
Edited by Kneel2Galvatron - 5/9/14 at 8:43pm
So far, really loving jazz out of the 650's a lot! Probably my favorite pairing. It does surprisingly well with electronic music too for some reason.
Oh and just because they aren't bright doesn't mean they lack detail either! Plenty of ability there and they do well at giving that decay to instruments that is missing sometimes on lesser cans I've listened to.
Edited by B-Dawk20 - 5/9/14 at 8:54pm
Do tell more?!? What music do you listen to?
I've been hearing mostly at female vocalists, I'm in the search for my top 3 of female voices to buy their albums... so far I've heard Rebecca pidgeon, norah Jones, adele, birdy, Ximena Sariñana, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson..
In the musical scene with the 650's I've tried Tabea Zimmermann playing Brahms, Clarke & Vieuxtemps, as well to a cello recital from Zuill Bailey and to the four seasons interpreted by Anne Akiko Meyers
So far so good, loving the sound from these things... tomorrow I'll order Modi, to get the most out of my Vali..
Edited by dmxvz - 5/9/14 at 11:49pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 31 seconds ago
- › Birthday gift for my BF: headphones for studying 33 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO GD MASTER 8 RESERVED 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)