- 294 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Finland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like the rattling matchbox part from 1min 30secs in - its as if someone was actually in the room rattling the matchbox around you, so realistic - binaural sound is pretty cool when done right
I think Tyll nails it in this comparison ....
Basically for me the hd6** headphones sound more alike than not. The main differences are hd650 has slight more tilted balance toward bass so at similar volumes the hd650 sounds ever so slightly darker and possibly as a result a little 'cleaner' sounding . I actually put this down to the lack of 'air' From the more balanced hd600. I don't think either has better anything, the quality of the sound is identical and neither gives away anything to the other , in isolation for example I would say the bass is the same and the treble is the same but when music is playing and all the frequencies are present the hd600 sounds more natural and neutral and like all the frequencies have equal volume . On the other hand the 650 has slightly less treble and upper mids especially around 4-6 kHz .this gives them a very slightly darker signature which makes them better for people that prefer a slight more focus on bass and lower mids rather than treble. It's a very small difference and it comes down to your preference.Both are amazing headphones .
Thanks for your comparison and link.
From what you describe, which is very much in line with other comments I've read elsewhere, the 650's have more appeal to me due to slighter more bass and lower mids
Nice 1 - thanks again
Does anyone know how the 650s pair the Burston Conductor SL? or which Burston dac chip would be better? I'm currently pairing them with the Questyle Q192. The Questyle sounds great but I would like to upgrade my amp for future headphones.
I came to the 650s from the Shure SE535s which are known for their luscious mids and I don't find the 650s recessed at all in the mids..
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Maybe its just a preference thing but I like vocals to be a little more forward. It also depends on the source. After using playing around with Isone it became more obvious to me. I understand why Sennhesier did this but I just don't like it with certain types of music.
Edited by Kneel2Galvatron - 5/9/14 at 8:43pm
So far, really loving jazz out of the 650's a lot! Probably my favorite pairing. It does surprisingly well with electronic music too for some reason.
Oh and just because they aren't bright doesn't mean they lack detail either! Plenty of ability there and they do well at giving that decay to instruments that is missing sometimes on lesser cans I've listened to.
Edited by B-Dawk20 - 5/9/14 at 8:54pm
Do tell more?!? What music do you listen to?
I've been hearing mostly at female vocalists, I'm in the search for my top 3 of female voices to buy their albums... so far I've heard Rebecca pidgeon, norah Jones, adele, birdy, Ximena Sariñana, Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson..
In the musical scene with the 650's I've tried Tabea Zimmermann playing Brahms, Clarke & Vieuxtemps, as well to a cello recital from Zuill Bailey and to the four seasons interpreted by Anne Akiko Meyers
So far so good, loving the sound from these things... tomorrow I'll order Modi, to get the most out of my Vali..
Edited by dmxvz - 5/9/14 at 11:49pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 seconds ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › need some advise to get my he560 get better 58 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)