I have had them for a week and am using it with my Pioneer VSX 1018 AVR and the player is a Panasonic bmp 550. From what I have read the DAC in the Panny is relatively good. I plan on getting the schiit valhalla/Bifrost next but am still looking into it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Other options? I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. I narrowed it down to those two mentioned previously; also the Fostex HP-A4, Little Dot IV and a few others that escape me. I am tempted to buy something any minute....
The SR80's are great cans.....they do rock & blues very well indeed......great bang for the buck.
Grados are much easier to amp, but still benefit greatly from an amp with good synergy.
The HD650 scales really, really well....the better the amp....the better they sound.
For Grados and a Senn 600 series.....the Mad ear kicks some serious *****.....you just need to roll tubes from Grado's to Senns and the synergy from both are off the hook
Edited by whirlwind - 4/30/14 at 2:14pm
I get to join your club! I recently took delivery of the HD650s, and OMG, they are amazing. I have the Bifrost Uber feeding the TEAC HA-501, which then drives the HD650s.
They are very musical. Very refined, yet smooth, and just downright musical. Wonderful headphones.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys....Especially James-UK. Even though it is indeed a first world problem, I feel like the cables are just not flexible. I'll give em a good soak in some Nivea and report back.
No...you want her to have your babies.
To me they sound the same Watch out....some woman is watching behind you....
The vocals with hd650s are just amazing, male or female. I think the tubes inside my vali also add some butter to vocals
I think that something like the E12 from FiiO might not be good enough to power them up, is the UHA-6S.MKII a better option? Any thoughts?
The goal is not to spend too much (I know in this hobby that is almost impossible haha) but still get some quality audio out of it...
What's your budget? Music preferences?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 6 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Help: Which would you keep? Sony MDR-V6, MDR-7506, or MDR-ZX700? 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)