I have had them for a week and am using it with my Pioneer VSX 1018 AVR and the player is a Panasonic bmp 550. From what I have read the DAC in the Panny is relatively good. I plan on getting the schiit valhalla/Bifrost next but am still looking into it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- DT880 to what? Last post on 12/18/14 at 1:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 or K7xx Last post on Today at 9:07 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing quality headphones – not easy Last post on 12/10/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 selling for less than HD 600 on amazon Last post on 12/11/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Other options? I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. I narrowed it down to those two mentioned previously; also the Fostex HP-A4, Little Dot IV and a few others that escape me. I am tempted to buy something any minute....
The SR80's are great cans.....they do rock & blues very well indeed......great bang for the buck.
Grados are much easier to amp, but still benefit greatly from an amp with good synergy.
The HD650 scales really, really well....the better the amp....the better they sound.
For Grados and a Senn 600 series.....the Mad ear kicks some serious *****.....you just need to roll tubes from Grado's to Senns and the synergy from both are off the hook
Edited by whirlwind - 4/30/14 at 2:14pm
I get to join your club! I recently took delivery of the HD650s, and OMG, they are amazing. I have the Bifrost Uber feeding the TEAC HA-501, which then drives the HD650s.
They are very musical. Very refined, yet smooth, and just downright musical. Wonderful headphones.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys....Especially James-UK. Even though it is indeed a first world problem, I feel like the cables are just not flexible. I'll give em a good soak in some Nivea and report back.
No...you want her to have your babies.
To me they sound the same Watch out....some woman is watching behind you....
The vocals with hd650s are just amazing, male or female. I think the tubes inside my vali also add some butter to vocals
I think that something like the E12 from FiiO might not be good enough to power them up, is the UHA-6S.MKII a better option? Any thoughts?
The goal is not to spend too much (I know in this hobby that is almost impossible haha) but still get some quality audio out of it...
What's your budget? Music preferences?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K3003i + Comply Tips 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › 4-pin connectors 7 minutes ago
- › Open air headphones alternative suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)