I have had them for a week and am using it with my Pioneer VSX 1018 AVR and the player is a Panasonic bmp 550. From what I have read the DAC in the Panny is relatively good. I plan on getting the schiit valhalla/Bifrost next but am still looking into it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Other options? I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. I narrowed it down to those two mentioned previously; also the Fostex HP-A4, Little Dot IV and a few others that escape me. I am tempted to buy something any minute....
The SR80's are great cans.....they do rock & blues very well indeed......great bang for the buck.
Grados are much easier to amp, but still benefit greatly from an amp with good synergy.
The HD650 scales really, really well....the better the amp....the better they sound.
For Grados and a Senn 600 series.....the Mad ear kicks some serious *****.....you just need to roll tubes from Grado's to Senns and the synergy from both are off the hook
Edited by whirlwind - 4/30/14 at 2:14pm
I get to join your club! I recently took delivery of the HD650s, and OMG, they are amazing. I have the Bifrost Uber feeding the TEAC HA-501, which then drives the HD650s.
They are very musical. Very refined, yet smooth, and just downright musical. Wonderful headphones.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys....Especially James-UK. Even though it is indeed a first world problem, I feel like the cables are just not flexible. I'll give em a good soak in some Nivea and report back.
No...you want her to have your babies.
To me they sound the same Watch out....some woman is watching behind you....
The vocals with hd650s are just amazing, male or female. I think the tubes inside my vali also add some butter to vocals
I think that something like the E12 from FiiO might not be good enough to power them up, is the UHA-6S.MKII a better option? Any thoughts?
The goal is not to spend too much (I know in this hobby that is almost impossible haha) but still get some quality audio out of it...
What's your budget? Music preferences?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 20 seconds ago
- › Things to consider before getting your custom IEM impressions done.... 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E18 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy my first pair of CIEMs, I'm drowning with all the... 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › IC: Astell & Kern AK120II with RWA mod 7 minutes ago
- › Amplifier for DT990 600ohm? 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)