Think of it as just as good of a deal as your HD650s ;). I think the icing on the cake is it will be pre-assembled. It's literally put itself together for you!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1146
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just got the HD650's and I absolutely hate the cable. It is too long and very stiff. Also, the 1/4" plug means that I have to use the adapter for pretty much everything I have. Any recommendations for a decent replacement cable that doesnt cost as much as the headphones themselves? Thanks in advance..
Try Forza Audioworks. I couldn't be any happier with the cable, and it cost about 80€. They have cheaper options too, I think.
"Moisturiser", really? I'm not sure if that's a joke or not. Is there a specific variant to use? I'm looking for a smooth, warm sound.
Edited by Zorrofox - 4/30/14 at 3:21am
Ha ha don't use Nivea for men it tends to effect female vocals badly . Being serious though I've never owned a headphone and had an issue with the cable. I suppose I could understand someone wanting a shorter cable for the 650 but softer?! That did make me smile .
I don't mind the cable quality but the length can be a pain sometimes. To remedy this I've ordered a 1m cable with 6.3mm plug and also a 2m extension with 6.3mm socket to 6.3mm plug, both from Forza Audio Works. I opted for the (relatively) cheap "Colour" version. If it's as good as the original I'll be happy. If the workmanship is good I'm going to order a 1m Noir cable.
We shall see.
I'd get the crack too, if it weren't for my empty purse!I guess my LD MKIII will have to do for the meanwhile.
From my research it seemed they both were the best at their respective price points. I am very happy I stepped up as the sound of the 650's are more to my liking. It would be interesting to hear others 650 owners opinions on the Grado sr 80i.
Welcome to head-fi. How long have you owned your 650's? If it's not been long then you're in for a treat. What are you using them with?
Indeed! Should be entertaining. The second thing I do when I get home from work is slip on the cans and mellow.
Edited by Zorrofox - 4/30/14 at 12:01pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 56 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Drowning in amps, I need some recommendations from knowledgeable... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)