Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1146
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"Moisturiser", really? I'm not sure if that's a joke or not. Is there a specific variant to use? I'm looking for a smooth, warm sound.
Edited by Zorrofox - 4/30/14 at 3:21am
Ha ha don't use Nivea for men it tends to effect female vocals badly . Being serious though I've never owned a headphone and had an issue with the cable. I suppose I could understand someone wanting a shorter cable for the 650 but softer?! That did make me smile .
I don't mind the cable quality but the length can be a pain sometimes. To remedy this I've ordered a 1m cable with 6.3mm plug and also a 2m extension with 6.3mm socket to 6.3mm plug, both from Forza Audio Works. I opted for the (relatively) cheap "Colour" version. If it's as good as the original I'll be happy. If the workmanship is good I'm going to order a 1m Noir cable.
We shall see.
I'd get the crack too, if it weren't for my empty purse!I guess my LD MKIII will have to do for the meanwhile.
From my research it seemed they both were the best at their respective price points. I am very happy I stepped up as the sound of the 650's are more to my liking. It would be interesting to hear others 650 owners opinions on the Grado sr 80i.
Welcome to head-fi. How long have you owned your 650's? If it's not been long then you're in for a treat. What are you using them with?
Indeed! Should be entertaining. The second thing I do when I get home from work is slip on the cans and mellow.
Edited by Zorrofox - 4/30/14 at 12:01pm
I have had them for a week and am using it with my Pioneer VSX 1018 AVR and the player is a Panasonic bmp 550. From what I have read the DAC in the Panny is relatively good. I plan on getting the schiit valhalla/Bifrost next but am still looking into it.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 55 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 57 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 1 minute ago
- › Amp for HE-500 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › IEM for $150-ish with mic for OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2